2019 CMP M1 Garand Clinic and CMP games @ OCSA IS CLOSED SEE YOU IN 2020

mac1911

NES Member
2019 season is about to begin:
NEVER SHOT A GARAND? WANT TO TRY? COME DOWN!
MATCH READY RIFLES ARE AVAILABLE FOR USE.

LINKS TO SCHEDULES FOR CMP GAMES. THERE IS ALWAYS A SECONDARY MATCH RUNNING WITH THE M1 GARAND CLINIC/MATCH

Click on flyer below to see other events
Modern Military-ARs, M1a, 308 M1. FAL, SKS, AK , and other semi auto military style rifles
Vintage- All bolt action military style foreign and non springfield US service rifles
SpringField Match- 1903/A3 as issued match

Also if you have a rilfe you want to shoot under match conditions come on down. As long as there is room on the line you can shoot. You just shoot what is called "out of competition" so no trinkets for you.

CLICK ON THE GARAND SCHEDULE BELOW TO SEE THE OTHER FLYERS
If you have questions about the match and facilities please contact the match director on the flyer, general questions can be asked here in the thread

MATCH RESULTS- will post top score in each match
4/24/19
Garand 278/300
Modern Military 275/300

Last edited:
You know, I'm going to have to get to one of these this year Mac...

For each event, do you compete on either m1garand or the other event, or are there 2 matches per day?
Every Date on the schedule is a M1 Clinic/ M1 garand match with a secondary match along with it. The rules and format make it easy for both matches to be run even if mixed up .
Generally the M1 Clinic/Match is 1st then the secondary match. Although this is all dependent of how many shooters/new shooters/ relays and such. ALSO note you do not have to have the proper rifle for the secondary match either.
For the cost of entry you can keep re shooting if space and time allows. You just shoot "out of competition" so if you come and shoot the Garand match then want to try your rem 700 to see how you do with that...GTG.

So you can shoot just M1 or both and if time and space allow as many re entries($ fee) as you like.

Awesome, I’ll then probably shoot the M1a out of class and the ar for modern military. Looking forward to the season!

Been cooking up an M14 over the winter and am almost done the barrel break in. Gonna give your poosay guns a run for their money under 9lbs (i think) if I can do my part!

Can you please actually bring a scale so I can know for sure if i'm within regs? I'm also toying with the idea of a .223 upper build this summer (should take about 20 minutes or so to piece together as compared to an entire weekend with my M14) but want to wait to see what you guys have so I can copy whoever gets the highest score.

dw, against my better judgement, I left the compensator off the M14 for now and kept a flash hider without the stabby-thing lug...so you can still pull up a spot next to me on the firing line if you want :D

Been cooking up an M14 over the winter and am almost done the barrel break in. Gonna give your poosay guns a run for their money under 9lbs (i think) if I can do my part!

Can you please actually bring a scale so I can know for sure if i'm within regs? I'm also toying with the idea of a .223 upper build this summer (should take about 20 minutes or so to piece together as compared to an entire weekend with my M14) but want to wait to see what you guys have so I can copy whoever gets the highest score.

dw, against my better judgement, I left the compensator off the M14 for now and kept a flash hider without the stabby-thing lug...so you can still pull up a spot next to me on the firing line if you want :D

I'm sure you are good to go. CMP has a quite generous allowance for M14's to be over the 10 lb weight limit. The allowance is a whopping 10 to the negative 24th power of a gram, which is the weight of an entire proton. They dropped the idea of measuring to the nearest yoctogram, figuring it would be much easier to just drop a proton on their accurate and calibrated inspection scales.

Antiquex20Platformx20Scale.1L.jpg

When you put that upper together, what do you do for the other 18 minutes? [smile]

I should have my MacHac MM class A rifle done by the first MM at pembroke.
Barrel is getting liposuction and a face lift Tuesday if all goes well. Should shed 12oz+ ..... IDK if you all know I did a [slap].
See I bought a A2 upper few years back when CMP started this MM stuff.
Was told it was a mil spec A2. Sure looked that way. Well when I weighed it for the 2019 it was over weight a bit.( CH and BCG not in rifle)
Now after removing the MD and installing a light weight hand guard I thought I was good to go. I then recweighed it (with CH and BCG in) and my rifle gained weight... then I noticed I have a Hbar style barrel. Wtf so it’s getting trimmed up. If I need a few more Oz’s to loose I have 2+” left to play with on the muzzle end. If that don’t work I will be cutting creative holes in the hand guard and maybe some creative grinding in other spots

If you watch my weigh in video in the cmp rules thread you will see the details I missed

Last edited:
Just zero'd my AR today, Ill have to dedicate more time to the M1A, no idea where anything was landing at 200y. Looking forward to this!

Just zero'd my AR today, Ill have to dedicate more time to the M1A, no idea where anything was landing at 200y. Looking forward to this!
Bring it back to 50 yards draw rough 3" aiming dot. Pick your hold and adjust to impact center. You should be darn close at 200 yards. With in a minute or so?

Alas, missing the first one, it’s my daughters baptism!

But yet another question for you guys, how do you single load rounds into the AR? I tried putting a round in the chamber and riding the bolt down, the using the forward assist to close the chamber, but that isn’t feeling right. Is there a common technique?

But yet another question for you guys, how do you single load rounds into the AR? I tried putting a round in the chamber and riding the bolt down, the using the forward assist to close the chamber, but that isn’t feeling right. Is there a common technique?

Yes, just bump the bolt catch release and let it slam shut on its own. Don't 'ride' any semi's bolt or slide to close it or you are asking for trouble.

Yes, just bump the bolt catch release and let it slam shut on its own. Don't 'ride' any semi's bolt or slide to close it or you are asking for trouble.

Perfect thank you. Do you make sure the round is in the chamber or just throw into port and go for it?

Perfect thank you. Do you make sure the round is in the chamber or just throw into port and go for it?

I use my pinkie finger to push it and make sure the round is going into the chamber. If it's cocked in the wrong direction, you can damage the projectile or ding the case plus get a jam. Many of us use a 'SLED' single load mag follower in one of our mags. AR-15 Single Round Follower There are some that worry about a slam fire when pre chambering the round, but this is a match situation and the rifle should be pointed in a safe direction down range anyway. I have never seen nor heard of a AR .223 slam fire, but I guess it's possible if the firing pin is stuck and extended.

I'll be overseas for the first OCSA match, maybe even the second, but one of us can show you how the single load mags work next time you go.

For what they are charging for the single shot follower buy a bob sled
The Original Bob Sled

Back
Top Bottom