2019 Boston Red Sox

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Who's nervous??? LOL

We need to get the pitching squared away. . . again. Hitting seems to be pretty OK. It's still too cold for me to get mentally into baseball. Gimme a few weeks. ;)

Garys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Hitting is starting to show some signs of life, except for Mookie Betts. Pitching is even a bit better, but it's still too early to tell. I expect that when he comes back, Brock Holt will be the every day Second Baseman and Pedroia will go back on the DL. I don't expect to see Pedroia back soon, if at all.

Who's nervous??? LOL

We need to get the pitching squared away. . . again. Hitting seems to be pretty OK. It's still too cold for me to get mentally into baseball. Gimme a few weeks. ;)

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Every game ive watched has been mostly like preseason baseball, yawn. cwithe.

The 8-0 yankees blowout the other night... what a stinker that was, though, too...

Oh well at least there are like 8,462 games left this year for them to get better. [laugh]

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Pedie is 35. Damn. That's hard to fathom. He still is 25 to me. LOL I think he has amazing skill at the plate. And clearly he's scrappy in the field. But I think he's done. Sad to say. Hope he finds another passion that fuels him after this.

Garys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
For those keeping track (and who care) the Cleveland Indians DFAed Hanley Ramirez. I think that gets him off the Red Sox books. Finally.

Garys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
A nice sweep of the Rays, who have the best record in MLB. Fielding has come together, starting and relieving pitching coming together, and they're starting to hit.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Poor Hanley. I liked him. Relatively young, tho.

Fun couple of games in Tampa. Getting that "hey don't count us out" feeling again at every game. Frustrating was we'd go up early then let the Rays back late. Gotta stop that stuff.

Garys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
I think they're off the hook for Manny... finally. They'll have Sandoval off the books at the end of this season.

That aside, they're starting to play much better ball.

Now if we can just get Manny and Panda off the books...

3 in a row! Get your playoff tickets now!

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
With the rainout last night, it was good to watch the Mets game and see Harper get thrown out. HE was 100% in the right, but what a baby he is. His a big-headed, big-bearded baby. Gimme quiet Trout or Mookie every day over him.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Interesting end to the first half. I wonder if this is how NY felt last year. 8 games over 500. While that seems crappy, it means, extrapolating, 97 wins. Not too shabby.

Seems like we've lost far more than that. Just feels that way. And you don't get that "they'll come back" feeling you had all last year in tight games.

On the plus side, one of my fav players ever - Vasquez - is tearing the ball up. What a great catcher he is. It was a treat to watch him for many years in Pawtucket. He reminded me of Tony Peña with the tenacity behind the plate.

NY seems to be the team to beat this year. They are anointed as the next WS champs at this point. Chugging along having fun like we were last year. Frickin Aaaaaaaaaron Boob! (Although maybe it's Dodgers/Yanks. Boone vs. Roberts. Fitting.)

MAGG

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
alot of talk about juiced balls this season....which is why Homeruns are up so much..and yea the Yankees, as much I hate admitting it, are the team to beat in the east

Stryker

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I think it is likely that the Sox will trade Betts before the July 31st deadline. IMO there is little chance they will pay him the $ for the long term contract he wants and he is a free agent at end of season - Sox will trade him to a contender so they can pickup someone although IMO it would be prospects.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Interesting thought. I think he's gone as well, but I thought he'd finish the season. The least they could do is deal him to a NL team. We can't afford EVERY star on the team. Sadly.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Watching the Sunday ESPN broadcast. Good game.

But is it me or are these the worst announcers??? Between the chick and Arod it’s just awful. The number of times one of them says something and then the other says THE SAME THING BACK TO THEM it’s annoying. I think they can’t handle the chatter in the earpiece and talking.

I’d almost welcome Joe Buck at this point. I find myself watching the Sunday night game a lot. These tools are awful.

Oh, and Arod is a cheater. Seems like he could be a nice guy, but he has no integrity.

Stryker

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Watching the Sunday ESPN broadcast. Good game.

But is it me or are these the worst announcers??? Between the chick and Arod it’s just awful. The number of times one of them says something and then the other says THE SAME THING BACK TO THEM it’s annoying. I think they can’t handle the chatter in the earpiece and talking.

I’d almost welcome Joe Buck at this point. I find myself watching the Sunday night game a lot. These tools are awful.

Oh, and Arod is a cheater. Seems like he could be a nice guy, but he has no integrity.
Totally agree that ESPN does a lousy broadcast - can't stand the sound of Arod's voice either.

Top Bottom