2019 Boston Red Sox

Garys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
It's never too early to start wildly speculating.

Kimbrel won't be back, so I wonder what they'll do about a closer?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Kimbrel couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with his fastball in the playoffs. I'm at peace with him leaving.

We do have an open roster slot, but I'd be thinking Brasier slides in. Maybe a mid to early season acquisition to compliment.

Garys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
I think Cora sent Kimbrel a message by putting Sale in to close Game 5. Brasier maybe, or maybe someone that they can get at a reasonable price or via trade. Dombrowski denied teh reports that he was trying to free up money for a closer by putting Porcello, Bogarts, or JBJ up for trade.

The media just loves to make sh*t up.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
There's definitely some changes in store. Dombrowski accomplished the goal, winning the WS. Now we have one or two more solid years before we need to reload. We'll be competitive this year, even without roster moves. But our farm system is barren and we have a bunch of players becoming free agents and we can't keep them all.

The Yankee's are nipping at our heels, and have the $$ to spend this offseason.

MarlboroughMan

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's definitely some changes in store. Dombrowski accomplished the goal, winning the WS. Now we have one or two more solid years before we need to reload. We'll be competitive this year, even without roster moves. But our farm system is barren and we have a bunch of players becoming free agents and we can't keep them all.

The Yankee's are nipping at our heels, and have the $$ to spend this offseason.
Hopefully the Yankees spend a sh*t-ton of that $$ acquiring Machado.

Top Bottom