2019 / 2020 Skiing & Boarding Thread

SERE

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
This was posted on an overlanding forum where he is documenting and sharing his vehicle build. Ouch.
Cued up. Bad words and ouchies.

Stand alone video on the injury:

citoriguy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Jay, Ragged, and so many others called it quits this past weekend. We have passes to Ragged and it was slushy on Saturday, so I doubt they would’ve made to 05 APR like they’d hoped to. That said, coronavirus is closing everything down.

Here’s to winter 20-21!

Blackmore

NES Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
We closed Cannon yesterday. It was one of those 1% Cannon days with bluebird skies and no wind. Everyone was considerate. Two to a chair maximum and you didn't have to ride with someone you didn't know if you didn't want to. Mittersill side open. Mid-winter conditions with just the bottom quarter softening up. Glorious day. Sent Chris Sununu a "thank you" for letting us have it. 031820 Cannon.jpg

Last edited:

Blackmore

NES Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
To bad we can't ski/ride anymore. [crying]This 7" storm (Sunapee area) would have helped improve conditions for the run-in to the end of the season.

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
One of my friends from the ski team sent me this. No surprise that someone A) was not ready for the season to end, and B) had a lot of free time at home:

Blackmore

NES Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
I got the official word from Vail last week that I get a 20% credit of this year's EPIC Pass cost toward next year's pass plus the normally $27 insurance is now free for everyone. Since I used the insurance 2018-2109 when I ruptured my Achilles tendon, it's definitely a plus. We also have been given until Labor Day to buy at the normally Spring price.

I'm in.

Add to that free 65+ NH resident midweek skiing at Cannon, I'm already psyched.

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I got the official word from Vail last week that I get a 20% credit of this year's EPIC Pass cost toward next year's pass plus the normally $27 insurance is now free for everyone. Since I used the insurance 2018-2109 when I ruptured my Achilles tendon, it's definitely a plus. We also have been given until Labor Day to buy at the normally Spring price.

I'm in.

Add to that free 65+ NH resident midweek skiing at Cannon, I'm already psyched.
That's a solid discount and extending to Labor Day is another nice gesture.

Not too sure about how my season's going to go this winter. ACL repair postponed and no new date yet. Needs to get done- I hyperextended it with an audible pop when hiking back down Wachusett this Friday. Perhaps I'll ski but may have to take a season off of racing. I'll be harassing UMass Sports Med again tomorrow...

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Sorry to hear about your ACL. Don't know how old your are but take my word for it, the older you are the more difficult the rehab.
[thumbsup]

I'm an early GenX-er, so getting up there. I'm very active and have a lot of muscle mass and strong ligaments, so for me the doc wants to do an autograft rather than cadaver graft. Normally at my age it would be cadaver tissue but he thinks I'll have a better result w/ grafting out of my hamstring. He did a rotator cuff surgery for me a couple years ago and I responded well- shoulder stronger than it had been in many years. I have a goal in mind (better skiing / racing) so I'll stay on top of the rehab.

Top Bottom