Okay. Enough for this year.

Who's going to start the 2020-2021 New England Patriots thread? [smile]
You mean this one started last night?

ME :D

Oh never mind I'm a day late and a whole bunch of money short .... [rolleyes]
Yeah, that one.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Pats season may be over, but the NFL Playoffs continue. I got to watch the Saints be screwed again on a clear push-off. Could argue that the defender was also interfering with the pass given he wasn't even looking at the ball, but fact is the NFL and the officials have botched PI calls and reviews of PI calls/non calls all year.

The reason that this is so aggravating is when I'm watching games of teams I don't care about, I want the rules that the game is supposed to abide by be enforced and the officials who are paid handsomely for their services are seemingly incapable of making said calls and the league is hesitant to overrule officials. I mean, if you have a scout who doesn't know how to do his job without violating league polices adn video tape the sidelines of a team during advanced scouting, you better lube your a**h*** up for the reaming it's going to get by Big Rodge, but if you're an official and make a bad call, you can practically get away with murder in the NFL.

And I bring up the officials poor performances because if it wasn't for that call in the Pats-Chiefs game of the runner being out of bounds when he wasn't, the Pats would have won that game, had the bye week, and probably be on their way to the AFC Championship.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Pats season may be over, but the NFL Playoffs continue. I got to watch the Saints be screwed again on a clear push-off. Could argue that the defender was also interfering with the pass given he wasn't even looking at the ball, but fact is the NFL and the officials have botched PI calls and reviews of PI calls/non calls all year.

The reason that this is so aggravating is when I'm watching games of teams I don't care about, I want the rules that the game is supposed to abide by be enforced and the officials who are paid handsomely for their services are seemingly incapable of making said calls and the league is hesitant to overrule officials. I mean, if you have a scout who doesn't know how to do his job without violating league polices adn video tape the sidelines of a team during advanced scouting, you better lube your a**h*** up for the reaming it's going to get by Big Rodge, but if you're an official and make a bad call, you can practically get away with murder in the NFL.
At least the Saints lost, so that's good.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
there's a thread for Playoff talk:

EddieZoom

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
but at a price that allows the Pats to pay more players and cut some of the dead weight they have on offense.
Don't fall for that nonsense. Pats are below league average for salary...it's a profitability equation. If Kraft can spend less but still win 12 games and host a playoff game or two with a decent chance of going to the AFC Championship game...why not do it ?

Who spent more than Pats this year...how about Houston, Tennessee & Seattle. Pats will be watching them play next week from their couch...same as us.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

And I bring up the officials poor performances because if it wasn't for that call in the Pats-Chiefs game of the runner being out of bounds when he wasn't, the Pats would have won that game, had the bye week, and probably be on their way to the AFC Championship.
Agree with almost everything you said.....except for ANY chance of the Pat's getting to the AFC Championship. They are a dumpster fire and would not have won their divisional game. But I take your point.

TLB

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Don't fall for that nonsense. Pats are below league average for salary...it's a profitability equation. If Kraft can spend less but still win 12 games and host a playoff game or two with a decent chance of going to the AFC Championship game...why not do it ?

Who spent more than Pats this year...how about Houston, Tennessee & Seattle. Pats will be watching them play next week from their couch...same as us.
So after 6 Championships, you are suggesting the Kraft's don't care about winning?

[rofl]

EddieZoom

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
So after 6 Championships, you are suggesting the Kraft's don't care about winning?

[rofl]
Of course they want to win....but in Brady/Belichick they stumbled upon a duo that could maximize average talent and compete for superbowls. No need to break the bank paying top tier talent when those two could be successful with team made up of "just a bunch of guys" with the occasional Pro Bowler.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0

I haven't checked in a while but last I checked they only had about $1M in cap space left and had injured players they needed to replace. probably around week 12 of the season when I checked. So I don't really know how you can say they get "outspent." Every team has to deal with the salary cap.

Just checked and they were about $5M under the cap but it's not because they were trying to skrimp and save. I think part of that had to do with people they cut or put on IR.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0

Actually only 3 teams spent more "in cap space" than the Pats this year and it was none of those teams. MIN, GB, and LAR all out spent NE but only by a little.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I disagree. I also think he might sign a contract to get him through age 45 but at a price that allows the Pats to pay more players and cut some of the dead weight they have on offense.
Maybe, if they actually retool. That's not a given for the Pats.
I don't blame him if he leaves. The GOAT and they surround him with inferior weapons.
I wouldn't blame him either. Not sure they can, or will, upgrade sufficiently for Brady to want to stay and win, particularly if they lose McDaniels and other staff.

I don't have a good guess as to whether he moves on or retires. I can easily see Bill cutting Brady loose, if Kraft lets him, and going for a total rebuild. By the same token I can see him retiring if no team offers a situation that will enable him to win now.

We shall see. I do predict this likely won't get resolved until late in the free agent season.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with almost everything you said.....except for ANY chance of the Pat's getting to the AFC Championship. They are a dumpster fire and would not have won their divisional game. But I take your point.
The thing is we can't predict what would happen, but the Pats had the Chiefs on the ropes the last 10 minutes of that game at home and with 2 weeks preparation, I don't think they'd have lost a second time against them in Foxborough.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0

[rofl]
The Pats lukily arent the Jets, or Cowboys 😂 Kraft was a longtime Pats fan, and didn't get into it for the money. It sure it will be easy to replace Brady/Bellincheck when they finally go though

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't blame him either. Not sure they can, or will, upgrade sufficiently for Brady to want to stay and win, particularly if they lose McDaniels and other staff.

I don't have a good guess as to whether he moves on or retires. I can easily see Bill cutting Brady loose, if Kraft lets him, and going for a total rebuild. By the same token I can see him retiring if no team offers a situation that will enable him to win now.

We shall see. I do predict this likely won't get resolved until late in the free agent season.
I think there's a chance Brady leaves, but I think he's waiting to see what moves they make. If Edelman someone winds up out of New England, there's zero chance Brady returns. If the Pats can find a Tight End who is 75% as good as Gronk, that would have helped. It was good they grabbed Ben Watson, even past his prime he was still a significant improvement over other guys. Sanu was Sa-nooze, he did nothing for the team and was not worth a 2nd round pick.

Other than the Saints WR Thomas, there's nobody who is going to be a free agent that is worth signing, so I see the reasons why the Pats drafted Harry, the issue with him is he sucks and I don't see him developing at all for the Pats.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Damn. I went 4-for-4 on playoff games. Like, not a single team I wanted to see win won.

Bills
Pats
Saints
Eagles (I just dislike Seattle)

I should have played the lottery or something.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Damn. I went 4-for-4 on playoff games. Like, not a single team I wanted to see win won.

Bills
Pats
Saints
Eagles (I just dislike Seattle)

I should have played the lottery or something.
that's more like 0-4.

My "record" was 2-2 last weekend.

This weekend I'm "picking"
SF (because I dislike MIN and Cousins)
TEN because I want to see BAL "upset" and I think that beast at RB for TEN could really take them apart. Also, I will always have a "soft spot" for Vrabel. So once the Pats lost, I think I will root for him and his team. at least this weekend.

I think KC will win but I really would rather see both these coaches lose. The teams, ok.
And I would like to see SEA beat GB.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Depends on how you look at it. How much MORE wrong could I be in one weekend??? Certainly the lotto gods would have been in my favor.

Top Bottom