2019-2020 New England Patriots

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best season opener I've seen from the Pats in a while. Usually they start off slow, but they were up to speed in no time. The truth is that the Pats have the best WR of the Browns and Steelers now playing for them on top of having Edelman who has been the best WR for the Pats for year.

On top of that, the defense is shutting people down.

If the Pats can get past Miami next week with a win, then the it's a possible 14-2 season, which will be enough to get the HFA and that is key because I don't see the Pats going into KC in January and winning two yrs in a row.

Garys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Every year people say this, and every year Brady stays in until the end. That's how he wants it and that's how Belichick wants it.

This was a statement game. The Pats looked good in all phases of the game, Pittsburgh was pathetic.

Phillip Dorsett proves that he can catch the ball and run it after the catch. Edelmen shows that his thumb is fine. Josh Gordon can catch and shake off a tackle. James White shows that he's still good. Burkhead is even better. Gostkowski was spot on. On offense, Michel was stopped much of the night.

The defense was near perfect tonight, including one INT and one stop of the Steelers near the goal line.

Oh, and that was without Antonio Brown who will officially sign tomorrow and be active next week in Miami.

Speaking of which, a September game in Miami is a grind because it's like a sauna down there. I won't be too surprised if the Patriots lose next week. It won't be the end of the world, so people shouldn't panic if that happens.

All in all, a very good start to the season.

After the Pats score here they should pull Brady. He's been hit twice on this drive, no reason for any more tonight when the Pats are going to win.

Garys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Hoyer is the back up to Brissette, so he didn't start. 49ers won, Colts lost. Foles out, probably for the season in Jacksonville.

Pats don't get the Chefs until week 14, when they are hitting their prime.

On paper at least, the Patriots have a fairly easy schedule this year. Ravens can be tough, Cowboys you never know, and the Chiefs play great in the regular season.

I'm going out on a limb and predicting 14-2 for the regular season and #1 seed for the playoffs.

Did Hoyer start today, bunch of ex patriots, Brissett, Garapolo, maybe Hoyer, who else?

mwalsh9152

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
One hell.of a performance by the O & D last night. Considering how the O line is made up right now, they looked fantastic. Brady seemed to have pinpoint accuracy on the long ball too, something he hadn't had in a while. If the two mental patients Gordon and Brown can keep it together, this is going to be one hell of a year offensively.

blindfire

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If they can keep his ego in check, and he gets his rocks off enough having Brady throw to him... this will likely be
legendary. I place odds at something like 4-1 but this could possibly be full on god tier. Despite his attitude AB is a god tier receiver, when he wants to be.

-Mike
This is all part of Bill's plan to destroy the Pats! Brady will be gone next year...or Bill will be. Bill is playing 6D chess and wants to destroy Kraft when he leaves.

</conspiracy theory>

richc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I saw this quote and thought of Antonio Brown... among other NFL players...

"Unstable egos need their unchallenged beliefs else they have nothing."

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
First half of the season the Pats are going to have a favorable schedule except the Miami game, which is a brutal game every year for the Pats, this one will be the same given it's coming a week after the game with the Steelers, who are always a tough opponent.
Well, I guess that didn't happen. LOL. (Not criticizing. It's speculation. We all do it. It was sorta unexpected from everyone.)

Another benefit of being back home in Albuquerque......watching the Patriots 2 hours earlier!
This could prove useful with me and my bookie. Gimme a call.

It's like watching a Times Square peep show! ROFL!!!

Pittsburgh doesnt fire head coaches. Tomlin is their third coach in fifty years. I'd be surprised if he got fired.
Besides, Tomlin will just look angrily at the owners and they'll shut up and let him continue. Someone screws up on the field and it looks like he's taking a broom handle to their booty after the game based on his expression. Dude is SCARY!

EDIT

Oh, didn't anyone watch ESPN Sunday Night Baseball with the Sox/Yankees????

Garys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
I had tickets, but sold them. At a loss. Speaking of which, the Sox ownership fired Dombrowski right after midnight this morning. They probably figured that no one was paying attention.

Oh, didn't anyone watch ESPN Sunday Night Baseball with the Sox/Yankees????

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I was just thinking how long it would take before the annual nfl boycott virtue signalers/etc appeared in this thread.... You don't watch football, yet somehow, you're still here in this thread, wasting time shitting on it. Funny how that works.

There's this little button at the top right of the thread that says "unwatch thread". If you're really not interested in football you should probably press that. Then you'll never
see this thread in your feed ever again, unless you click on it, etc.

-Mike

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Football is meant to be watched at home in 2019. Replay, commentary, injury reports, etc., You can go and stick your head in the phone for 3 out of every 10 min. Plus, football in person means 383,000 of your closest drunk friends being there with you. I'm not into that. These dolts don't stand at home. Why do they stand the entire game at the game???? My last trip was 7-8 years ago. Meh. When I do watch - which is infrequent it's infused with piles of channel-flipping.

Fixxah

NES Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I was just thinking how long it would take before the annual nfl boycott virtue signalers/etc appeared in this thread.... You don't watch football, yet somehow, you're still here in this thread, wasting time shitting on it. Funny how that works.

There's this little button at the top right of the thread that says "unwatch thread". If you're really not interested in football you should probably press that. Then you'll never
see this thread in your feed ever again, unless you click on it, etc.

-Mike
Dude likes bowfishing from a tree.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
if they had lost last night everyone would be talking about how Brady was "washed up" and it's finally time to dump him. instead, they beat up a pretty pathetic looking Steelers team and OMF guys were talking about where they were going to be eating during Super Bowl Week while they are down there reporting on the Pats. Pleeeeeeeeeease! It's 1 week. Great game last night! On to Miami.

Oh, and the interview with Bellichik today was AWESOME as ALWAYS.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AB will get in line and be a great Patriot. fully expecting this. He’s out of chances.
Yeah, if he doesn't toe the line for the defending champions, who are a top contender to go back to the super bowl this year, nobody will pay him anything, not when he'll be 32 years old next year and is so poisonous that not even the Belichick antidote works on him.

The Pats are allegedly where Brown wanted to be, so there's no excuse if his behavior continues the way it has been.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is all part of Bill's plan to destroy the Pats! Brady will be gone next year...or Bill will be. Bill is playing 6D chess and wants to destroy Kraft when he leaves.

</conspiracy theory>
And here is yet another thing you are 100% wrong about.

Serious questions.... Do you put effort into being wrong? Do you actually believe a lot of this crap you post on NES? Is it just good ol fashioned trolling?

Has to be one of those, because I don't believe you are as dumb as your posts make you seem sometimes.

Fixxah

NES Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0

Serious questions.... Do you put effort into being wrong? Do you actually believe a lot of this crap you post on NES? Is it just good ol fashioned trolling?

Has to be one of those, because I don't believe you are as dumb as your posts make you seem sometimes.
If this is aimed my way. Yes I am dumb as you think. I troll, it's how I roll. Have to see some humor in everything I read or watch. Can't take things too seriously. Feel free to block if you like. Chive on!

blindfire

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Well...F*** YOU TOO!

Clearly you have no god damn sense of humor. Pay attention, son. It was a conspiracy theory. I even put a </CONSPIRACY THEORY> tag in the original post.

And...yet...sadly...there are plenty of people who actually believe these things.
Watch this one:

Me...I hate the Pats and would love to believe that crackpot theory, but it isn't a real thing.

Do I expect AB to be a giant shit show...yeah...yeah I do.

Last edited:
Top Bottom