2019-2020 New England Patriots

slap shot

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Brady looked MUCH sharper yesterday. For all the talks of his elbow this week, and how he looked last week, I was concerned. He was on target, and had plenty of zip on the ball. I'm glad to see the offense stand up against a good defense. Not sure they will get by Baltimore, but I feel much better than I have the past few weeks.

I'm surprised Richie Cunningham didnt use Frank Gore yesterday. Did I see him in once? He was unstoppable in the first meetup.
Gore is done, Singletary is the starter and has been for a while.

Garys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Media Bill is an extension of Coach Bill. He doesn't like dealing with them, especially the dumbest among them. Parcells used to outright insult them, but Bill tells them the bare minimum and makes them look dumb by ignoring their follow up questions. The exception being when someone asks him a football history related question. Then he will go on for quite a bit.

His funniest comment was during "Deflategate". Someone asked him about inflation pressures and he said that he's not the Mona Lisa Vito of football inflation. Amazingly, no one at the press conference got it.

I think there are 3..... media bill, coach bill, actual bill... [rofl]

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I just watched the game. It looked a lot better than it sounded on the radio broadcast. I literally thought Zolak was going to have a coronary yesterday or come out of the booth and punch a couple of refs.

W.E.C

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just watched the game. It looked a lot better than it sounded on the radio broadcast. I literally thought Zolak was going to have a coronary yesterday or come out of the booth and punch a couple of refs.
Yes, the jewelry rattlers actually put down their prime rib sandwiches ordered at the Putnam suites and made some noise,like the real fans of long ago.

Garys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Overall, the officiating was pretty good. I thought the penalty on Edelman was total BS, but other than that, they were pretty clear cut. Penalties seemed to hurt the Bills more than the Patriots.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Overall, the officiating was pretty good. I thought the penalty on Edelman was total BS, but other than that, they were pretty clear cut. Penalties seemed to hurt the Bills more than the Patriots.
when I was listening yesterday Zo was pissed that the refs were not calling PI on whoever was covering Harry, especially early in the game. And I do remember seeing at least one time where the defender had Harry "locked up" YARDS down the field. At the very least it should have been illegal contact a few ties as it was several yards down field.

Garys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
They did call one of those, but I don't remember on who. OTOH, they didn't catch the clear Facemask grab by Jamie Collins on Allen later in the game. That was after Allen made a nice pass for a long gang. Adding 15 yards to that would have put the Bills way close to the goal line. I think that was somewhere during their last possession.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
They did call one of those, but I don't remember on who. OTOH, they didn't catch the clear Facemask grab by Jamie Collins on Allen later in the game. That was after Allen made a nice pass for a long gang. Adding 15 yards to that would have put the Bills way close to the goal line. I think that was somewhere during their last possession.
I think that was on the 4th&1 play where Allen tried to go over the top, was stopped, and bounced outside to get 2 yards and the 1st down. That would have been devastating if that had been called.

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Nay sayers can say what they will about TB12, but I know of no other 40+ year old QB that runs, dives, blocks and passes, for yardage and scores points. All of this in one, aging QB package is amazing, no matter how you look at it.
That’s certainly true, and I do think it’s great.

It’s also unsustainable. That’s the part that worries me. Call me crazy, but I’d prefer that this amazing two decades not be followed by two more decades of consecutive 4-12 or 5-11 seasons.

It doesn’t have to be that way. If only Kraft would let Bill find a replacement for Brady; I’m just afraid that ship already sailed.

Brucewillis4316

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It’s also unsustainable. That’s the part that worries me. Call me crazy, but I’d prefer that this amazing two decades not be followed by two more decades of consecutive 4-12 or 5-11 seasons.

It doesn’t have to be that way. If only Kraft would let Bill find a replacement for Brady; I’m just afraid that ship already sailed.
Yes that ship sailed to San Francisco

Lone Wolf McQuade

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I happen to notice that when NE came out into the field TB 12 ran out with his helmet on. Usually he is seen walking out and someone is carrying his helmet. Maybe he had renewed energy for this game, as he looked sharper than he was in the past several games.

Garys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
As I said last night. I know he QBed at Kent State and has thrown pretty well on some trick plays. I just don't know if he can be the QB for an entire NFL game.

On another note. KC is steam rolling Chicago tonight.

Then there's Edelman too.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
As I said last night. I know he QBed at Kent State and has thrown pretty well on some trick plays. I just don't know if he can be the QB for an entire NFL game.

On another note. KC is steam rolling Chicago tonight.
yeah. no thanks. Edelman as QB for the entire game? No way. 1 trick play a couple times per year, sure.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
The much maligned running backs Michel and Burkhead deserve props. They ran hard, breaking multiple tackles for big gains, first downs, and a TD against a Bills D that held the Ravens to just over 100 team rushing yards, with 50 to Ingram.

M60

NES Member
Rating - 100%
56   0   0

How many years does a QB have to consistently prove himself to be a winner, before he's considered to be sustainable? 11 strait AFC east championships. 6 Super Bowl rings. TB12 has proven himself to be the single most sustainable QB ever. At his age, we just saw him run, dive, block and pass for first downs and points on the board. Oh, and before it's suggested that TB12 is a has been, you have to consider the reality, that he just gave us another AFC championship, while doing all of that running, diving, blocking and passing. Tom has been sustainable, every year of his career, in the NFL.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have 11 strait AFC Championships now. How many do think you deserve as a skeptic.?

Ahhh...now I get it. You dont know what you are saying. What you are trying to say is AFC East. Yes, they routinely win their weak division. What you were actually saying was AFC Champion, which is making it to the superbowl. Which they havent done 11 years in a row.

Top Bottom