2019-2020 New England Patriots

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
It all takes a toll and the one thing I can give credit to Peyton Manning for is he knew when to call it a career, he retired before he looked like a broken down old man and he did it a month after winning the Super Bowl, so he went out a winner.
Really? because I remember him looking like he was lucky if he could get out of bed without help. true he had surgery and rehabbed and then came back for a a SB win but much of that season Osweiler started! He started 7 games for crying out loud and went 5-2 that stretch which got them into the post season. Peyton is going to have serious issues as he ages for sure.

I notice that no one says anything about Drew Brees being 40. Or Eli being 38 and Rothlisberger at 37. Yet how many years has the media been predicting the end of Brady? Who, overall, has had far less serious injury history than any of them?

Garys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
People have been saying this for about four years now.

The LV Sports books have the Patriots as the favorite to win the SB this year.

Brady surpassed Peyton a few seasons back. There is no question in anyone's mind except the Manning fan bois who the GOAT is. Even my hardcore Manning fan boi friend who lived in both Indiana and Colorado has stopped telling me that Manning was better than Brady. He's even stopped with the Deflategate jokes.

I just don't think Brady is going to have it after this season, there's a chance he won't have it this season. Come 2020 he's going to be 43 years old... that's 2 years older than Brett Favre was when he retired. Not trying to compare the two physically, Favre was in way worse physical shape than Brady is, but the fact remains that Brady is getting older and he's going to get hit and when he gets an injury, be it minor or major, it's going to take him longer to recover.

It all takes a toll and the one thing I can give credit to Peyton Manning for is he knew when to call it a career, he retired before he looked like a broken down old man and he did it a month after winning the Super Bowl, so he went out a winner.

The chances of the Pats and Brady going back to the Super Bowl AND winning are a lot slimmer and the liklihood is that when Brady's career is over, his final game will not be at the Super Bowl, victorious.

The only reason Brady is still playing is he wants all the records, or at least to pass Peyton in all the records so when the question of who the greatest QB of all time comes up, Brady can point to the stats and say, "How is it Peyton can be called greater than me when I have more TD's, pass yards, better TD to INT ratio... and oh yeah, 4 more Super Bowl rings."

Garys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Anyone who watched that SB knows that it was the DEFENSE that won it, not the offense and certainly not Manning. Who looked like he needed a walker for most of the game.

Eli is a joke, Rothlisberger has been overrated since he entered the league, and Brees is nowhere near as good as Brady.

Brady might retire after this year IF they win the SB. I think he just wants one more ring.

I'd also ignore, as I'm sure you do, all the blather about how he's going to be with the Titans next year. Just something to fill air time on a radio station that would otherwise be playing Salsa music.

Really? because I remember him looking like he was lucky if he could get out of bed without help. true he had surgery and rehabbed and then came back for a a SB win but much of that season Osweiler started! He started 7 games for crying out loud and went 5-2 that stretch which got them into the post season. Peyton is going to have serious issues as he ages for sure.

I notice that no one says anything about Drew Brees being 40. Or Eli being 38 and Rothlisberger at 37. Yet how many years has the media been predicting the end of Brady? Who, overall, has had far less serious injury history than any of them?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Andrew Luck informed the Colts that he's retiring. I guess you could say that the Colts are out of luck again.
He seemed injury prone and the team around him now isn't the same team that was built around Peyton. Indy was due for a rebuilding phase as Luck wasn't the guy to lead them I don't feel. If he was, they would have gone to a Super Bowl by now with him.

Garys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
He was injury prone, and often didn't have a good offense around him. Jacoby Brissette is now the guy, and they are going to have to build an offense around his strengths. One of which is his ability to run the ball.

He seemed injury prone and the team around him now isn't the same team that was built around Peyton. Indy was due for a rebuilding phase as Luck wasn't the guy to lead them I don't feel. If he was, they would have gone to a Super Bowl by now with him.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
He was injury prone, and often didn't have a good offense around him. Jacoby Brissette is now the guy, and they are going to have to build an offense around his strengths. One of which is his ability to run the ball.
It helps if you have an offensive line. Indy needs to start there.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
final preseason game tonight.

Andrews is out for " a while" with blood clots in his lungs. hope he has a speedy recovery and can return to the team but definitely want him to get and stay healthy.

Garys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Depending on the cause, that could be a career ender. Hopefully not.

I don't expect any of the starters to play tonight. It's more of a last evaluation of the "on the bubble" players before Saturdays cut down.

Still, it should be entertaining. Besides, it's a beautiful night to sit out on the deck, smoke cigars, drink scotch, and solve the problems of the world. ;)

final preseason game tonight.

Andrews is out for " a while" with blood clots in his lungs. hope he has a speedy recovery and can return to the team but definitely want him to get and stay healthy.

Fixxah

NES Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Good God man, what will releasing Hoyer do? He has all that knowledge if the system.

BH: Hello!
MV: Want a job in the vaunted Titans org.?
BH: Um, okay.

Garys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
I wonder. He's talented, but is his talent worth the drama? The sports talk radio speculation is that now that's been cut, he gets no guaranteed money and has no contract. No big cap hit either.

That Patriots can pick him up for short money and if he's more trouble than he's worth, cut him with no penalty.

I don't know that they can get that done in time for tomorrow's game, besides they'd have to find a helmet for him. :D

Pats gonna go after AB??

lol

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Luck was injury prone because indys oline was gutter trash and they let him get annihilated. Any qb in that setup is going to have a a limited lifespan.

SERE

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Antonio Brown agrees to sign with Patriots, gets $9 million guaranteed

Antonio Brown has found a new home and it’s with a team many had been linking him to: the New England Patriots.

Brown agreed to a one-year deal with the Patriots the same day the Oakland Raiders released him. He is getting a 1-year deal worth up to $15 million, with $9 million guaranteed, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports. Bleacher Report’s Master Tesfatsion first reported Brown had reached a deal with the Pats.

Brown agreeing to a deal with New England won’t come as a shock to many within the industry.

The Patriots love to try to pick up players with off-field issues and bet that Bill Belichick’s culture will keep them in line. That is exactly what they’re going to try to do with Brown.

It remains to be seen if Belichick will have better luck with the wide receiver than Jon Gruden did in Oakland. They are paying a big price to see.

GiveMeLiberty

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meh. He's obviously a great player, and I'm sure he'll be productive and help the team. But it's hard to get behind a guy like that. Maybe they'll teach him how to act like a professional adult.

Top Bottom