2019-2020 New England Patriots

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, Green Bay sucks too now I suppose?
I said weeks ago their defense gives up way too many yards and big plays. Today they just had their offense shut down and their defense, even when rested when their offense stays on the field can't stop said big plays. Green Bay will get the 3 seed, beat up a wild card team at home, and promptly lose on the road to SF or NO.

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I'm OK with the loss. Yeah it was ugly, but I'd rather not see them have the pressure of trying to go undefeated. That was killing them back when they played the Giants. Get a loss under your belt and then build from that. The O Line is what is really killing them now. Hopefully they improve over the bye.

Inside Out

NES Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Philadelphi are a scrappy team playing to win their division, same with Dallas. By the time the Pats play KC, Maholmes will be back and Houston is a tough team.

And who do you see the Bills losing to other than the Pats and Ravens the rest of their season? Miami? Cleveland? Denver? The Jets? Bills are going 12-4.
The mostly likely outcome for the Bills is 11-5 or 10-6. They lose to the Ravens and Pats and 1 or maybe 2 of the Cowboys, Broncos and Steelers. Not bad at all (for the Bills) but hardly the 14-2 you predicted a few weeks ago.

The most likely outcome for the Pats is 13-3 and that assumes losses to 2 of the Chiefs, Texans, Cowboys or Eagles. I think they could also win 3 or those 4 and end up at 14-2. It’s very unlikely they lose 3 of 4 and end up at 12-4 unless something weird happens in one or more of the divisional games.

The Ravens still have to play the Texans, the Rams and the 49ers so they have some tough games upcoming too. And they already lost badly to the Browns, of course.

In short, I’m not too worried. Pats are still in the drivers seat for a bye and likely HFA.

But I guess we will see.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I'm OK with the loss. Yeah it was ugly, but I'd rather not see them have the pressure of trying to go undefeated. That was killing them back when they played the Giants. Get a loss under your belt and then build from that. The O Line is what is really killing them now. Hopefully they improve over the bye.
Not just the Oline (primarily the LT) but also the D against the run.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
The mostly likely outcome for the Bills is 11-5 or 10-6. They lose to the Ravens and Pats and 1 or maybe 2 of the Cowboys, Broncos and Steelers. Not bad at all (for the Bills) but hardly the 14-2 you predicted a few weeks ago.

The most likely outcome for the Pats is 13-3 and that assumes losses to 2 of the Chiefs, Texans, Cowboys or Eagles. I think they could also win 3 or those 4 and end up at 14-2. It’s very unlikely they lose 3 of 4 and end up at 12-4 unless something weird happens in one or more of the divisional games.

The Ravens still have to play the Texans, the Rams and the 49ers so they have some tough games upcoming too. And they already lost badly to the Browns, of course.

In short, I’m not too worried. Pats are still in the drivers seat for a bye and likely HFA.

But I guess we will see.
I can't argue with this. At this point in time.

Woodstock

NES Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Anybody else happen to see Jim Plunkett with his old Super Bowl teammates during the Thursday night Raiders/Chargers game?

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Nope. To distracted watching Rivers overthrow 6 or 7 passes in a row to lose the game. He might as well chucked them into the stands. I think he did a couple of times.

He's got hands. He has no clutch. Good fantasy guy b/c he can bring #'s. But he's not a big-game QB. Nice guy. Just not that guy.

And what's with that crazy 3/4 arm lazy throw of his???? How did he build a career with that throw??? Did he take lessons from golfer Jim Furyk????

SteelShooter

NES Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Nope. To distracted watching Rivers overthrow 6 or 7 passes in a row to lose the game. He might as well chucked them into the stands. I think he did a couple of times.

He's got hands. He has no clutch. Good fantasy guy b/c he can bring #'s. But he's not a big-game QB. Nice guy. Just not that guy.

And what's with that crazy 3/4 arm lazy throw of his???? How did he build a career with that throw??? Did he take lessons from golfer Jim Furyk????
I watched an interview with him and said it started when he was under 12, he was small and could never hold the ball so he kind of shot put it out there. That continued through college before he grew and by that time, the muscle memory was too great to overcome.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chiefs lost again today in a nail biter in Tennessee against Mike Vrabel's Titans.. Maholmes is healthy, but the rest of the team seems to be falling apart. Now it's not the Chiefs that are competing for HFA, but Baltimore and they hold the tiebreaker with the Pats due to the loss.

Pittsburgh has somehow fought back from the loss of Rothlisberger and are 5-4. Their current QB sucks tho, makes lots of mistakes.

Garys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
At this point, it looks like the AFC will come down to the Patriots vs. Ravens. As of now, the Patriots have HFA because they are 8-1 versus the Ravens 7-2. The loss against the Ravens will only come into play if they have identical records. I don't think that the Ravens are invincible so they could lose another game or two. Then again, so could the Patriots.

Titans looked pretty good against the Chiefs. Chiefs at 6-4 are at the top of their division, but have the worst record among the division leaders in the AFC.

Still a lot of football ahead, so things can change dramatically between now and the play offs.

W.E.C

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They blew 2 field goals back to back to win. Bad , head rolling time bad.
Someone should be gone by Wednesday.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Ya think he coached the field goal holder to chuck the ball down field to no one when he muffs the hike?
(Not a Andy Reid fan)

No, but not running on 3rd and 2 and instead having Mahommes roll out just coming off a knee injury rather than trying a ri Ning back doing their job means best case you get the 2 yds, worse case you lose mahommes fpr the season. Just seemed like a dumb call. Even if it was a broken pass play, why not just run it.

W.E.C

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No, but not running on 3rd and 2 and instead having Mahommes roll out just coming off a knee injury rather than trying a ri Ning back doing their job means best case you get the 2 yds, worse case you lose mahommes fpr the season. Just seemed like a dumb call. Even if it was a broken pass play, why not just run it.
Cause they think this kid is Superman, and they asked him to do too much.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Isaiah Wynn should be back in 2 weeks. That should help the O line a lot as Newhouse sucks pretty bad.

But someone needs to stop/slowdown Jackson for sure.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0

Ok fair response. But it is still the coaches job to say no bueno to that...and he did not. Sometimes I think Andy Reid kept his job another year because Mahommes hurt his leg. Then he screws that up.

Garys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Mahomes was last year's Superman, Jackson is the new Superman on the Block. There's a book on Mahomes and he's vulnerable to injury. He's dangerous with Kelce and Hill are both on the field because that gives him those two options plus he can run. Still, he's beatable as we've seen. I'm a bit surprised that the Chiefs are only 6-4, but they are. Losing to the Titans was huge.

Jackson gives the Ravens a lot of mobility, but eventually he'll run out of new tricks. The team is good at hiding the ball on run plays and confusing the defense. He's good, but not terrific on passing. Eventually someone will figure him out, because they always do.

I don't see Gronk coming back this year at all. He's been busy promoting CBD oil which is a banned substance. He's said that he'll consider it next year of the league legalizes CBD oil. As it is now, if he announces he's coming back, the league will likely suspend him for four games since he's publicly said he's used a banned substance.

Now, if the Pats can ever sign Travis Kelce...

W.E.C

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mahomes was last year's Superman, Jackson is the new Superman on the Block. There's a book on Mahomes and he's vulnerable to injury. He's dangerous with Kelce and Hill are both on the field because that gives him those two options plus he can run. Still, he's beatable as we've seen. I'm a bit surprised that the Chiefs are only 6-4, but they are. Losing to the Titans was huge.

Jackson gives the Ravens a lot of mobility, but eventually he'll run out of new tricks. The team is good at hiding the ball on run plays and confusing the defense. He's good, but not terrific on passing. Eventually someone will figure him out, because they always do.

I don't see Gronk coming back this year at all. He's been busy promoting CBD oil which is a banned substance. He's said that he'll consider it next year of the league legalizes CBD oil. As it is now, if he announces he's coming back, the league will likely suspend him for four games since he's publicly said he's used a banned substance.

Now, if the Pats can ever sign Travis Kelce...
I think you are spot on all 3 counts ,given the Mahomes knee injury,he may well be slowed down in the mobility dept, and Jackson is one big hit away from mediocrity as well.

Garys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Garopollo not looking to good tonight. Well, 49ers offense not looking too good tonight. Okay, 49ers defense not looking great either.

Top Bottom