1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

2019-2020 New England Patriots

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 5811, Feb 4, 2019.

1. 5811

5811 NES Member

Harry, Williams, Winovich, Harris are all basically locks toake the roster. Pretty sure both linemen drafted will as well as the QB. The late round DL and CB might be bound for the practice squad. And there will surely be an undrafted FA or 2 that surprise us and make the team.

2. PennyPincher

PennyPincher NES Member

that would be a darn good draft.

3. PennyPincher

PennyPincher NES Member

Patriots sign 10 rookie free agents and 2 other free agents.
    Patriots Sign 10 Rookie Free Agents and Two Free Agents

Andrew Beck, 22, played in 51 games with 30 starts at Texas. The 6-foot-3, 255-pounder finished his career with 40 receptions for 440 yards and four touchdowns for the Longhorns. He moved from linebacker to tight end in the 2014 preseason.

4. Stryker

Stryker NES Member

5. Garys

Garys NES Member

6. SERE

SERE NES Life Member NES Member

7. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 NES Member

8. Fixxah

Fixxah NES Member

54 had another stroke on the 4th. He is a super guy, hope he recovers fully.

BUMPA01603 likes this.
  9. mcshooter

mcshooter NES Life Member NES Member

10. M60

M60 NES Member

I sure hope there's another Gronk in this crowd of new guys.

11. radioman

radioman NES Member

Has Kraft got 7 rings?

I thought that was Kraft.
    Now I see it’s Belly.
    What team Was he with to
    win the other ring?

12. slap shot

slap shot NES Member

Gints

13. SERE

SERE NES Life Member NES Member

14. TC McQuade

TC McQuade NES Member

Tom Brady on No Contract Extension: 'Talk to Mr. Kraft'

"No new deal is on the horizon,"

Tom Brady addressed the media for the first time this summer Wednesday following Patriots practice and of course, his lack of a contract beyond this year came up.

The soon-to-be 42-year-old didn't exactly directly answer the questions, but did seem to indicate owner Robert Kraft is the one who will be handling it, not Bill Belichick.

“I don’t know. That is up for talk show debate," Brady replied when asked if he deserves an extension. "What do you guys think? Should we take a poll?

"Talk to Mr. Kraft, come on. Like I said, we have a great relationship, so we’ll see how it goes.”

Some have speculated Brady could be year-to-year at this point.

Garys likes this.
  15. Garys

Garys NES Member

He must feel pretty good about it, because this type of snark is unusual from him.

The talk shows are busy today obsessing about the Red Sox and the trade deadline. They won't get back to obsessing about the Patriots until Friday at the earliest.

16. 426wedge

426wedge NES Member

17. Garys

Garys NES Member

The Patriots signed a two year extension with Brady over the weekend. Now what will the mental midgets on sports talk radio have for a fake Patriots pre season controversy?

18. 5811

5811 NES Member

Josh Gordon was just reinstated and can start practicing with the team.

Glockster30 and Igotid like this.
  19. MarlboroughMan

MarlboroughMan

That's good news. They need him. Hopefully somehow he'll keep it straight this time.

20. richc

richc NES Member

21. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

Everybody have fun tonight
    Everybody Cocaine Chung tonight.

oh, and you KNOW you're all this guy:

22. GomerPile

GomerPile NES Member

Police responding to an alarm and searched an empty house...found cocaine. He was not arrested, just indicted which means lawyer bills I guess.

I'm not sure how you prove that the cocaine was his. If it was laying out on a table it could belong to anyone who was in the house. If the cops searched thru his crap and found it I think that's well outside looking inside his house for a robber.

The NFL can't do crap until the legal proceedings are complete which would be next season.

23. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain

24. T-Unit

T-Unit

I just don't think Brady is going to have it after this season, there's a chance he won't have it this season. Come 2020 he's going to be 43 years old... that's 2 years older than Brett Favre was when he retired. Not trying to compare the two physically, Favre was in way worse physical shape than Brady is, but the fact remains that Brady is getting older and he's going to get hit and when he gets an injury, be it minor or major, it's going to take him longer to recover.

It all takes a toll and the one thing I can give credit to Peyton Manning for is he knew when to call it a career, he retired before he looked like a broken down old man and he did it a month after winning the Super Bowl, so he went out a winner.

The chances of the Pats and Brady going back to the Super Bowl AND winning are a lot slimmer and the liklihood is that when Brady's career is over, his final game will not be at the Super Bowl, victorious.

The only reason Brady is still playing is he wants all the records, or at least to pass Peyton in all the records so when the question of who the greatest QB of all time comes up, Brady can point to the stats and say, "How is it Peyton can be called greater than me when I have more TD's, pass yards, better TD to INT ratio... and oh yeah, 4 more Super Bowl rings."

25. T-Unit

T-Unit

Unfortunately, I do not see that happening and it's a shame because he is clearly a talented receiver, but he's chosen to let his potential go to waste by being a wastoid.

26. T-Unit

T-Unit

Don't really know what the outlook for the Pats is this season, but with Brady/Belichick back it's a guarantee they win more games than they'll lose. Looking at the schedule...

Week1: PIT @ NE
    Week2: NE @ MIA
    Week3: NYJ @ NE

Week4: NE @ BUF
    Week5: NE @ WAS
    Week6: NYG @ NE
    Week7: NE @ NYJ
    Week8: CLE @ NE
    Week9: NE @ BAL
    Week10: BYE
    Week11: NE @ PHI
    Week12: DAL @ NE
    Week13: NE @ HOU
    Week14: KC @ NE
    Week15: NE @ CIN
    Week16: BUF @ NE
    Week17: MIA @ NE

First half of the season the Pats are going to have a favorable schedule except the Miami game, which is a brutal game every year for the Pats, this one will be the same given it's coming a week after the game with the Steelers, who are always a tough opponent.

There's a chance the Pats could start 0-2, but after week 8, they'll either be 6-2 or 7-1 as they're not going to be losing at home to either NY team or Cleveland, I don't see them losing to the Jets or Bills on the road, and IDK how the Redskins are this year, if the past is any indication, the Pats can beat them on the road.

Then in week 9 it begins with the Pats going to the rodent infested city of Baltimore in the last game before the bye. The Ravens are not an easy team to beat in Baltimore, don't expect a win there. Then the Pats have to go to Philly the week after the bye and, again, not a walk in the park, but at least it will be on 2 weeks rest.

The next 3 weeks after that will be Hell on Earth for the Pats. Even with the Cowboys coming in and the Pats likely winning that game, it will be a hard fought game. Houston will be a contender in the AFC South, they'll be playing for something, the Pats will not win that game in Houston.

Finally it ends with KC coming to NE, but KC is going to be motivated to win after losing the AFC championship and missing out on going to the Super Bowl. The Pats could very possibly lose that game at Home in December. Then the last 3 games are easy wins.

So, we're looking at worst 9-7, which is still good enough to win the AFC East.

The question is going to be can the Pats beat KC in KC in the playoffs for a 2nd year in a row?

27. TLB

TLB

Manning had a previous neck injury and looked exactly like a broken down old man his last season. He could not throw very well at all. His defense won him that title.

PennyPincher likes this.
  28. Lucas McCain

Lucas McCain

So much fail here. Cops go to house for alarm, find open door, see some unknown substance, confiscate unknown substance without a warrant and have it tested.

Something about the 4th amendment comes to mind here. Also if door was open, anyone could have put it there. He will skate on this.

29. Spanz

Spanz NES Member

Yeah...where is Jim Carey when you actually need him?

Roland Deschain likes this.
  30. Spanz

Spanz NES Member

who knows or cares what Brady wants.

What I want is for brady to pass on his magic to the backup quarterback(s) before he retires. I would love to see the backups starting in some of the games....and only put in Brady if things go wrong...

Patriots are due for a rebuilding year. It could be next year, or could be this year if skillfully done