2019-2020 New England Patriots

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Didn’t see the game but happened to turn on the Rams-Saints game just in time to see the officials totally screw the Saints out of an obvious touchdown for no apparent reason. I guess they didn’t want to be outdone by the terribly officiating the last time these two teams played.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn’t see the game but happened to turn on the Rams-Saints game just in time to see the officials totally screw the Saints out of an obvious touchdown for no apparent reason. I guess they didn’t want to be outdone by the terribly officiating the last time these two teams played.
NFL is desperate to get the LA market more profitable. If the Rams and Chargers don't get to the playoffs every year, then Goodell doesn't get to buy another yacht.

TC McQuade

NES Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Saints' Drew Brees suffers right hand injury vs. Rams

Saints quarterback Drew Brees left Sunday's game against the Rams with an injury. The 40-year-old Brees was removed after he hit his throwing hand with Aaron Donald during a pass rush in the first quarter. Brees went to the sidelines and had his thumb wrapped. Teddy Bridgewater replaced Brees.

Drew Brees left Sunday's game against the Los Angeles Rams after the team's second series.

The Saints QB was seen getting a heavy tape-job on his right wrist and hand. Brees got his hand hit by Aaron Donald and had it squished to his own helmet.

The Saints officially called Brees questionable to return. He was not seen on the sideline attempting to grip or throw the ball during Bridgewater's first drive.

slap shot

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Saints' Drew Brees suffers right hand injury vs. Rams

Saints quarterback Drew Brees left Sunday's game against the Rams with an injury. The 40-year-old Brees was removed after he hit his throwing hand with Aaron Donald during a pass rush in the first quarter. Brees went to the sidelines and had his thumb wrapped. Teddy Bridgewater replaced Brees.

Drew Brees left Sunday's game against the Los Angeles Rams after the team's second series.

The Saints QB was seen getting a heavy tape-job on his right wrist and hand. Brees got his hand hit by Aaron Donald and had it squished to his own helmet.

The Saints officially called Brees questionable to return. He was not seen on the sideline attempting to grip or throw the ball during Bridgewater's first drive.
Rams winning the big NFC championship rematch

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I'd like to get excited about these first 2 wins but let's face it, no one other than the Pats have shown up for the first 2 games. Let's see how they do when a team actually shows up to play. They may not face a real opponent until week 9 this year. Ok, maybe Buffalo will be an actual game in week 4. maybe

SERE

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
He deserves a comfortable retirement whenever he decides to.

After two more PAT misses, Adam Vinatieri to address media Monday

The 46-year-old icon missed a pair of extra points on Sunday in Tennessee, not enough to cost his Indianapolis Colts a 19-17 victory, but alarming enough that the four-time Super Bowl champion promised to address the media on Monday, a usual off day for players.

Approached by a reporter from The Athletic as he was headed to the team bus, Vinatieri said, “You’ll hear from me tomorrow.” When the reporter noted Vinatieri usually wouldn’t be seen on Mondays, he responded, “Yeah, you will.”

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Over the first two weeks, that’s 76-3 Pats.

Everyone knows they’re a better team than most, but THAT much better?

slap shot

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
He deserves a comfortable retirement whenever he decides to.

The 46-year-old icon missed a pair of extra points on Sunday in Tennessee, not enough to cost his Indianapolis Colts a 19-17 victory, but alarming enough that the four-time Super Bowl champion promised to address the media on Monday, a usual off day for players.

Approached by a reporter from The Athletic as he was headed to the team bus, Vinatieri said, “You’ll hear from me tomorrow.” When the reporter noted Vinatieri usually wouldn’t be seen on Mondays, he responded, “Yeah, you will.”

So is Gostkowski also addressing the media?

“I stunk today,” Gostkowski said to Kevin Duffy of The Boston Herald. “Not my day. It was pretty terrible on my part. Today just sucked.”

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Over the first two weeks, that’s 76-3 Pats.

Everyone knows they’re a better team than most, but THAT much better?
The deal is like 2/3rds of the league is trash, and the lineup this year early on has them swimming through piles of
trash the first few games... I think as time goes on you're going to see more teams actually be able to put up some kind of a fight. A lot of these teams have also lost key players and apparently they've been twiddling their thumbs in the off season.... like Pittsburgh being that shitty, is kind of mind numbing.

-Mike

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
So is Gostkowski also addressing the media?

“I stunk today,” Gostkowski said to Kevin Duffy of The Boston Herald. “Not my day. It was pretty terrible on my part. Today just sucked.”
Unless he's that shitty the whole year I don't care. Every pats fan always wants to throw him under the bus, acting like he's Scobee or something. At the end of the year he's easily still in the top 5 or top 10 kickers in the league. I'm guessing he'll probably work it out of his system.

Did the pats bring up an extra kicker in the off season? I'm not ready to burn him at the stake yet, but IMHO they
should be working something out, because even if he doesn't suck the rest of the year, eventually he's going to price
his way out of the pats like Vinateri did.

-Mike

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Gostkowski is 35 and he just got a new 2 year deal. I'm not ready to write him off after a bad week. We have seen him do this in the past. He usually only misses 3-5 times per year. 2-3 FGs and 2-3 PATs. His worst year he has missed 6 FGs. His worst total # misses in a year has been 8 PATs and FGs. Many kickers, half?, are over the age of 30. But yeah, maybe he has something going on. Who knows. Would be interesting to see if anything "comes out" tomorrow or this week.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I mean, Vinatieri is only 3/8 so far between PAT and FG's, while Gostkowski is 12/15. With that said, Gostkowski has only missed 9 PAT's in his career (regular season), out of 658! So 2 in one game is insane! His most missed in any season is 3. Granted, before they moved the kicks back, he had never missed a PAT, if you don't count the sole kick that was blocked.

Unless Gostkowski has repeat performances, I'm not worried. He's been busy and went 7/7 in week one.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to get excited about these first 2 wins but let's face it, no one other than the Pats have shown up for the first 2 games. Let's see how they do when a team actually shows up to play. They may not face a real opponent until week 9 this year. Ok, maybe Buffalo will be an actual game in week 4. maybe
The Bills beat the Jets and the Giants... that's not much of an accomplishment, but the key to being a good team is winning games you're supposed to win, so the Bills are in the right direction.
The deal is like 2/3rds of the league is trash, and the lineup this year early on has them swimming through piles of
trash the first few games... I think as time goes on you're going to see more teams actually be able to put up some kind of a fight. A lot of these teams have also lost key players and apparently they've been twiddling their thumbs in the off season.... like Pittsburgh being that shitty, is kind of mind numbing.

-Mike
2/3rds is being generous, it's about 3/4 of the league is garbage.

Every team is beat up by the middle of the season and the Pats won't be excluded from that, so that's where games get more contested. Also, the deeper into the season, the more tape of the current team rosters and how they play is available to everyone vs nearly nothing early on in the season.

The Pats were prepared to destroy the Steelers and had been doing so for weeks before. Brady was ready, the offense looked like a well oiled machine. I didn't see the Pats offense in Miami playing as well today and part of that may have been AB, the heat in Miami, a general road game (remember, Pats were 3-5 last year on the road, so they're not a great road team), etc. The reason the Pats beat the 'Fins so bad was the defense shut them down, got a pair of INT TD's in the 4th Qtr, and the Fins Defense was basically on the field all day.

I don't like seeing Belichick keeping the starters on defense playing the last few seconds of a game when it's 43-0. That's just asking for someone like Chung to blow out his knee on a meaningless play.

Gostkowski is 35 and he just got a new 2 year deal. I'm not ready to write him off after a bad week. We have seen him do this in the past. He usually only misses 3-5 times per year. 2-3 FGs and 2-3 PATs. His worst year he has missed 6 FGs. His worst total # misses in a year has been 8 PATs and FGs. Many kickers, half?, are over the age of 30. But yeah, maybe he has something going on. Who knows. Would be interesting to see if anything "comes out" tomorrow or this week.
According to CBS stats, Gostkowski just plain sucks in Miami. 3 games in his career he's missed both an FG and a PAT, two of them in Miami.

With Brady still around there's no reason to go look for another kicker. Save that for the year Brady retires as at that time I doubt Gostkowski would want to stay with the Pats. In 2 years, I severely doubt Brady will still be playing.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I’ve always felt like the kicker has the worst job in football. Game winning kicks are always forgotten. Have season long streaks without a miss and barely hear about it. Have one bad game and all the sudden you got to go!! Give Gostowski a break and remember all the times he has came through

sacksjacked

NES Member
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I’ve always felt like the kicker has the worst job in football. Game winning kicks are always forgotten. Have season long streaks without a miss and barely hear about it. Have one bad game and all the sudden you got to go!! Give Gostowski a break and remember all the times he has came through
one bad game? this has been going on for a couple seasons and in the playoffs. i could care less about the regular season. just want him to be clutch in the postseason. not all games are won 43-0.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Or maybe Gostkowski had his eye on the Miami cheerleaders instead of the ball ???

Ah yes. The Miami Sychronized Farting Team. They're wonderful. . . . just not in person. ;)

How many folks here REMEMBER Squish the Fish???? Back when we thought that beating 3 teams meant we were going to beat duhBears in the Super Bowl. LOL. That playoffs season seemed SOOOO long for some reason. Like forever. Then it was all over with Punky QB and The Fridge running Tony Eason over. Frickin Ray Berry. LOL

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ben Roethlisberger is out for season for Pittsburgh, Drew Brees out for 6 weeks (possibly longer) for the Saints. Two super bowl winning QB's a few years away from retirement having injury issues. Let's hope the plague doesn't spread...

Top Bottom