1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

2019-2020 New England Patriots

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 5811, Feb 4, 2019.

1. 5811

5811 NES Member

Looks like there could be some serious roster turnover this off season.

Gronk is mulling retirement
    Both McCourty Twins could be gone
    Trey Flowers is gonna command some serious cash on the open market
    Several other less key players have contracts up as well

Ultimately as long as Brady and Belichick are still here they are still likely going to win the division and get a first round bye. But the AFC East may start getting more competitive if any of these new quarterbacks start to develop. Flores will be coaching Miami and I could see Miami making a play for a guy pike Nick Foles.

I predict a 12-4 season

2. Fixxah

Fixxah NES Member

Hoyer is key.

mwalsh9152 and wilson911 like this.
  3. robjax

robjax

You are optimistic. I see the Pats making the playoffs perhaps in the wildcard round or a one and done if they get a bye. I don't see them advancing past the divisional round.
    I could be wrong. Probably am wrong. I think this was it for the dynasty.

I know people said it this year. So we'll have to wait and see...It would be great if they could get one more and take the lead overall with SB wins.

If KC can stay mostly together they will be a force in the AFC next year too.

Sports shows are feeling that the Rams were a flash in the pan. That's probably true....

I'm looking for seven so I will remain cautiously optimistic. As usual a lot will happen in the off season sox we'll have to wait and see.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  4. 5811

5811 NES Member

Rams loaded up their roster for this year. I'm not sure their cap situation or how many guys contracts are up but it isn't easy to keep that many high paid big name guys on your team. This may have been their shot.

I also haven't looked at the Pats schedule yet for next year, but none the less..... 12-4 prediction

robjax likes this.
  5. 76Too

76Too NES Member

Buncha Commies...eff the NFL.

6. SKumar

SKumar NES Member

I don't care what diet Tommy is on and how much Giselle is slobbing his knob, at 42, he takes one bad hit and he is DONE. His body cannot afford to take a beating like when he was 25.

nastynatural and robjax like this.
  7. robjax

robjax

Exactly right.

8. Bonesinium

Bonesinium

That’s what people have said for years and all he’s done is make another 4 Super Bowls, winning 3. So it turns out, he can.

9. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

Gronk retires
    Brady retires
    Coach Bill retires
    McDaniels gets signals crossed and leaves
    Julian Edelman gets run over on the first day of practice next season and is gone.

Sad thing is: Some day it's gonna happen. Gronk, for as amazing as he is, will be replaceable by Belichick. He just has that ability to find talent. Maybe not GRONK level talent, but they'll find someone.

Let's savor the win first. No hand-wringing until June 1.

Garys, MarlboroughMan and yanici like this.
  10. BUMPA01603

BUMPA01603 NES Member

Look for them to draft a QB early in the draft, let him hold the clipboard next season. They also need a defensive end and secondary help as well as other holes to fill caused by player personnel turnaround. The 2018 Draft was a complete bust with the only asset to emerge being Sony Michel. If they have another poor draft in '19 the Brady era is as good as over IMO

11. drgrant

drgrant Moderator NES Member

Trent Dilfer is that you? [rofl]

Not sure if serious- Anyone (regardless of age) can take a "1 bad hit and be done" so that is pretty much a meaningless statement in this sport. Like Vincent Hanna says to the CI... "you could get killed walkin yo doggie!" (eg, "yeah, that's true, so what?") And yes, he's slowing down, taken a few steps back, but by NFL standards? Yawn. Even a Tom Brady at like 70% of his peak is still better than most of the rest of the QBs in the league. Most NFL QBs don't consistently "operate" at the same level of standards of Brady, Brees, Luck, Rapelisberger, etc. Look at what happened with Goff yesterday as a classic example, Him, Cam Newton, Bortles, etc, all seem to operate in bursts here or there, or streaks like Foles. Bottom line- Brady still has a bit to go before he's even as bad as Manning was at the end of his career.

I think it's more about whether or not Brady or Bellichick want to go through all the bullshit for another season or not. It's pretty obvious that there was some
    serious friction at times in the back halls of the franchise, we'll see whether or not that persists or has fixed itself long term I guess. It's obvious they fixed it or
    agreed to punt on that stuff in the short term, but that doesn't mean anything long term. I do think that, as a generality, "what happens with player X Y or z on the patriots" set aside, that things are going to get much tougher next season, as there's going to be a lot of rebuilding amongst various franchises next
    year, so the number of tomato cans in the league is likely going to drop by a big increment. We'll know more when they release the schedule for next
    season....

-Mike

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    arlow and BUMPA01603 like this.
  12. drgrant

drgrant Moderator NES Member

That's what I said this year, something along the lines of "I will be surprised if they make it past the AFC championship game" and I no longer like the taste of
    my own shoe sole compound so I think going there is just silly/brash. Anything can happen. Like, food for thought, did anyone think that the friggan BEARS were going to be as good as they were this year? Nope. Nobody thought that. Everyone was sitting around thinking they were gutter trash and they almost made it
    into the playoffs.

-Mike

13. jkelly1229

jkelly1229

Winn will end up being a stud, bentley looked like a monster. Hopefully dawson pans out

14. Stryker

Stryker NES Member

I thought that LB Christian Sam looked decent early in the season before he was injured for the season. Will be interesting to see what 2019-2020 brings for him

15. Chevy 2 65

Chevy 2 65 NES Member

OK

16. robjax

robjax

well, if I am thinking about next year the same thing you thought about 2018 then the pats should have a really good season if it all works out the same....lol

17. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 NES Member

Unfortunately, a lot of the team is getting old. McCourty's sound like they are ready to hang it up. Chung has got to be getting close too. Hightower's is 28, and seems to have lost a step this year.

Edelman cant have too many left in the tank, same with Gronk obviously. But they still have Ruth Bader Brady under center!

18. robjax

robjax

The Pat's have 12 picks in the draft...hopefully the4y can acquire some young talent there...

mwalsh9152 likes this.
  19. MarlboroughMan

MarlboroughMan

Took the words out of my mouth. With this ownership group (basically smart enough to let BB do his job and stay out of the way) and TB returning as the QB, plus all of those picks, I wouldn't even think about counting this team out from another strong run next season.

robjax likes this.
  20. GiveMeLiberty

GiveMeLiberty NES Member

The Pats have done consistently well for years by finding smart, coach-able players who buy into the process. I trust they'll continue to do so...

MarlboroughMan and robjax like this.
  21. Spanz

Spanz NES Member

in case you don't watch Ellen every day....

22. Spanz

Spanz NES Member

Just when you think the world could not possibly get ANY crazier than it already is:

Colin Kaepernick’s lawyer says he wants to play and ‘it would not surprise me if Bob Kraft makes a move’
    upload_2019-2-18_7-24-48.png

23. Chevy 2 65

Chevy 2 65 NES Member

24. Fixxah

Fixxah NES Member

Yeah sure, just what the team needs.

BUMPA01603 likes this.
  25. dhuze

dhuze NES Member

An island surrounded by land on three sides
    I find it hard to believe any team is going to want a 31 year old QB that hasn't played in 3 years. Let alone the Patriots or Panthers.
    If Tom Brady plays until he's 45 shit dick will be 35.

26. 5811

5811 NES Member

If they ever givegthat dirtbag a contract i would absolutely make sure the Kraft's know THE reason I'm not ever going to spend another penny on that team is because they signed him. I will take my name off the season ticket wait list and I would become a Chargers fan, I have a cousin who is an assistant coach there anyways.

27. W.E.C

W.E.C NES Member

Kaepernick. His settlement with the nfl includes referees calling 23% of his red zone passes to be called dpi.

28. lowbuckbob

lowbuckbob NES Member

29. W.E.C

W.E.C NES Member

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  30. CWulf

CWulf NES Member

Looks like Kraft made some moves in Florida... not sure the result of his 'indiscretion' is going to help.

Personally I wont watch the Patriots anymore if they sign Kaepernick.