2019-2020 Bruins Mega-Thread

nastynatural

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Word through the pipeline late this evening is that the National Hockey Leagues Boston Bruins have recalled goaltender Dan Vladar from their top minor-pro affiliate the Providence Bruins. In 12 games this season with the American Hockey League club from Rhode Island, Vladar has a 2019-20 regular-season record of 6-5-0, a 1.84 goals-against-average, a .935 save percentage along with two shutouts.

BUMPA01603

NES Member
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
That Columbus game was an eye opener in many ways, shining a spotlight on the Bruin's team toughness. Ritchie showed me nothing after scoring on his first shift for them and deserved to be shown the door! Now we get to see Halak take some consecutive starts, hoping they can manage to protect him..... Look for Sweeney and Neely to make a move or two to toughen them up a bit. If they don't they leave the door wide open for well deserved criticism

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Wow should of been a goal.
The Bergeron one? I don’t know. There’s definitely an argument to be made.

Disallowed Goal - A goal cannot be scored by an attacking player who bats or directs the puck with his hand into the net. A goal cannot be scored by an attacking player who bats or directs the puck and it is deflected into the net off any player, goalkeeper or official. When the puck enters the net on a clear deflection off a glove, the goal shall be allowed.

Does what he did fall under the “bats puck with hand into the net” part or the “clear deflection off a glove” part?

I’m honestly not sure. I’m fine with the call. He clearly wasn’t trying to score, but he clearly was trying to get the puck with his glove. Because the puck hitting his glove was intentional, I think it more falls in line with the spirit of the rule on it being disallowed.

Top Bottom