• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2019-2020 Bruins Mega-Thread

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I don’t know if it was intentional or not, the one replay sure made it look bad, but it’s still a penalty. You don’t get to skate through the middle of the crease and hit the goalie, even on accident.

BUMPA01603

NES Member
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
I hate to say it but this is a SOFT team everytime they play a team that's more physical they get pounded and lose
.... the team that Don Sweeney built, I suppose, playing as soft as he played all those seasons...... the "Big, Bad, Bruins" are a thing of the past and we only see maybe one hockey fight / month these days, just the way the League wants it! Football has made several rule changes in the interest in "player safety", but they will never remove the violence that the game is based on because nobody would watch grown men playing Flag Football. Players are safer in both sports now. Tuukka was pulled out as a precaution. This wouldn't have happened 10-20+ years ago. Fighting was an important and historical aspect on the game and I miss it, was an invited distraction.

El_Guapo77

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
.... the team that Don Sweeney built, I suppose, playing as soft as he played all those seasons...... the "Big, Bad, Bruins" are a thing of the past and we only see maybe one hockey fight / month these days, just the way the League wants it! Football has made several rule changes in the interest in "player safety", but they will never remove the violence that the game is based on because nobody would watch grown men playing Flag Football. Players are safer in both sports now. Tuukka was pulled out as a precaution. This wouldn't have happened 10-20+ years ago. Fighting was an important and historical aspect on the game and I miss it, was an invited distraction.
they are not going to win the cup the way they are currently constructed they are push overs right now . They dont have to fight but stick up for for your teammates dont be afraid to take a penalty they lack toughness. St. louis proved that during the regular season the finesse games still rules but come playoff time the bruiser style is still effective

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
NHL Player Safety will take care of this.
Riiigghhhht
I hate to say it but this is a SOFT team everytime they play a team that's more physical they get pounded and lose
It's one thing not to take stupid penalties, but they gotta learn where the line is every game, even every period, and play up to that line, even over it when the situation warrants it (like last night). You can't make someone fight if they refuse to, but Bemstrom should at least have had this tattooed on his chest and shoulders by the end of the night:
1579121468792.png
and been able to recite the team and year of every banner hanging from the Garden ceiling. Pathetic.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
They will never win the Cup with their inability to play physical. Calling up one guy isn't the solution, but it's a start. The defense is to small and soft. McAvoy is probably the best and toughest defenseman they have. Unfortunately, he is only going to last so long at his current pace of getting hammered every 5 or 6 games. If Miller could come back, and that's a big if, he would help. The B's need to trade one or two of their tiny defenseman for a much bigger and tougher stay at home player.
Ritchie has been ineffective and reluctant to fill Acciari's skates. Playing Backus more might help but he is a liability due to lack of speed and skill, he's getting old. Anybody that's over 6 foot should be hitting instead of trying to steal the puck when the opposition has control against the boards.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Not terribly surprising or disappointing. He didn’t produce offensively. He should have been a tough player who would stand up for teammates, but he didn’t. He fills a fourth line role worse than at least four other guys. So what’s his role or purpose? I have no idea. Waiting him makes sense.

I’m sure Rask won’t be missing him.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I agree to an extend but the league itself is a big part of that problem.

Kassian just got suspended for standing up for himself and fighting an unwilling Matthew Tkachuk. Tkachuk got nothing.

Carlo and Nordstrom make minor efforts, but he wouldn’t go and the officials gave Nordstrom a penalty just for trying!

The league ensures players cannot police themselves without severe consequences, while allowing borderline and illegal hits! It’s becoming a joke.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I agree to an extend but the league itself is a big part of that problem.

Kassian just got suspended for standing up for himself and fighting an unwilling Matthew Tkachuk. Tkachuk got nothing.

Carlo and Nordstrom make minor efforts, but he wouldn’t go and the officials gave Nordstrom a penalty just for trying!

The league ensures players cannot police themselves without severe consequences, while allowing borderline and illegal hits! It’s becoming a joke.
I wish you were wrong...

Top Bottom