2019-2020 Bruins Mega-Thread

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Is it natural to have so many ties in hockey now adays? Seems quite strange to me
The game has changed over the past couple decades; teams are better now at playing for that one point in the standings, especially against some opponents. I think hockey has gotten more "professional" WRT watching film and scouting opponents.

Other changes seem evident to me. I've been saying for years that teams seem much, much worse at hitting empty-net goals, for example. Once upon a time, pulling your goalie was a real gamble because the shorthanded team didn't miss the empty net so often. I'm not sure why.

kelton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
The game has changed over the past couple decades; teams are better now at playing for that one point in the standings, especially against some opponents. I think hockey has gotten more "professional" WRT watching film and scouting opponents.

Other changes seem evident to me. I've been saying for years that teams seem much, much worse at hitting empty-net goals, for example. Once upon a time, pulling your goalie was a real gamble because the shorthanded team didn't miss the empty net so often. I'm not sure why.
Composite sticks?

Top Bottom