2019-2020 Bruins Mega-Thread

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
They have GOT to change rule about offside being reviewable. That's what the linesman is for!
There's an easy way to fix this. Predicate reviews on continued possession. As soon as the offensive team loses possession, then they've plainly lost any advantage they had from being milimetrically offside.

So? Play on, after that.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
JFC. Not again.

Absolutely ridiculous. Does he have possession? The camera frame rate was too slow to even directly tell if it was offsides, and it if it was it was by a millimeter. But good thing they’ve got high definition slow motion to overturn goals in a league that is doing everything to increase scoring?

What’s this now, four or five losses and one win on challenges?
Finally got a chance to see a better clip of the play. What a BS call. Coyle clearly deliberately redirects the puck with his right skate so as to keep it between his legs, and try to bring it up to his stick, before the puck crosses onto the blue line. Both his skates are partially on the blue line, the left partially over the front edge, and the right obviously partially over the back edge when he redirects the puck. As I understand it, a player cannot be called offsides if they are in possession and control of the puck prior to their skates crossing the blue line. Given that it appears the back of his right skate barely finished crossing the line before the puck completed crossing the line it seems to me the call hinges on possession. Therefore, the refs obviously ruled that Coyle redirecting the puck with his right skate did not constitute possession and control.

All this is not withstanding the amount of time (~10 seconds) and number of events (ex. puck below goal line multiple times, multiple touches by different offensive and defensive skaters) between the so-called infraction and the goal.
SMH
AFAIK the original intent of replay was to correct obvious, egregious errors. Clearly this (and many other) overturns that require minutes of slow-mo frame-by-frame review turning on fractions of both seconds and inches do not meet that intent. IMNSHO if the NHL is not going to establish some kind of limits on the scope of offsides reviews on goals to be consistent with the original intent, then they should just eliminate offsides reviews entirely.

p.s. I also saw some different replays this morning of the non-call of goalie interference. Sad to say, it was a good non-call. Chara pushed the Hab right into Rask.
p.p.s. All this would have been moot if Rask had done his job; score would have been at least 4-2 Bruins.

BUMPA01603

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
That Bernier kid in goal for Detroit played Juniors in Lewiston, ME and AHL for Manchester, NH. He can be very good or very mediocre, perhaps why he's bounced around the league so much

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
That was a pretty nifty PP by the Wings there. You could totally see the goal coming. It helped that the Bs weren't bothering to kill.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Top line has contributions on all the goals tonight! All the Red Wings goals that is. Bergeron with the nice redirect. And Marchand and Pasta in the box for the next two.

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Weird game. It's got no flow. Now, errybody's scrappin'.

Should be a... unique third period.

BUMPA01603

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I was a Comics Come Home last night, sat in Loge and, Yes, the new seats are a bit smaller than the previous ones. At the end of the show they had a confetti machine blasting out over the floor and lower bowl. The Jumbotron was covered and I can't imagine them getting it all out of there [cheers]

Top Bottom