• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2018 WALLS OF STEEL MATCH

Registrations are now open for the 2018 Walls of Steel match on August 17, 18 & 19. Go to www.wallsofsteel.com to register.
This will be our 12th Walls of Steel match and promises to be bigger and better than ever. We will have sponsors returning and we will also be adding new ones this year as we always do.
The entries are coming in fast so make sure you sign up soon.
See you there!

just thought I'd add,

go to the "Shoot" tab at the top of the page and then click on the "2018 WOS Entry Form" pull down to get to the reg. page.

There are only two weeks left to get a shirt with your entry for the 2018 Walls Of Steel match on August 17, 18 & 19. You must register before July 31 to get your free shirt. Entries will be taken after that if there is room but the shirts will not be free.

ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION

We have BIG news for this year’s match!!!!!!!!

Thanks to the overwhelming generosity of our match sponsors we are extremely proud to announce that for the 2018 Walls of Steel competition we are going to be awarding guaranteed money to the top three finishers in each division!!!!!!!

The top shooter in the stock auto division will receive $500!

Second place in Stock Auto will win $400 and third place will get $300!

The same amounts for the top three in Open Auto will be paid to those winners!

In both of the revolver classes the top three finishers will receive $200, $150 and $100 respectively!

That’s a total of $3,300 just to the top three in each division!!

But WAIT, there’s more!

We will still be giving out up to an additional $10,000 in the same way we always have using what we call a Modified Lewis Class payout system!!!!

Those of you that have shot the Walls matches know what that means. For those that don’t go to https://wallsofsteel.com/results/ and check out the results from past years and you will see what it’s all about.

This could not be possible without our fantastic sponsors who are there for you, the shooter!

On that note, we would like to welcome our new Main Match Sponsor - First Defense Firearms. Located in Uxbridge, Massachusetts, First Defense Firearms covers all of your ammunition, firearm, accessories and training needs. Check them out at www.FirstDefenseFirearms.net and help us welcome them to the Walls of Steel family.

The match is August 17, 18 & 19 so be sure to go to www.wallsofsteel.com and register now for your chance to win cash and or prizes.

Wow! That’s AWESOME!!!
Thanks to all the sponsors and work crew that make this match possible. Definitely going to stop by First Defense and let them know in person how much we appreciate their support.

Just a reminder that tomorrow is the last day that you can sign up for the 2018 Walls of Steel competition and receive a shirt with your entry. Any registrations after tomorrow will not receive a shirt but they will be for sale at the match. So, if you plan on shooting New England’s Premiere handgun competition go to www.wallsofsteel.com, hover over “shoot” or click the drop down then choose 2018 WOS ENTRY form and fill out the form and pay online.
Don’t forget we have the guaranteed payouts for the top three shooters in each division and our regular modified Lewis class payouts for everyone else that competes.
We also have three guns from Smith & Wesson to be raffles off among all of the registered shooters as well as other prizes that have been donated by our awesome sponsors.
What are you waiting for? Sign up now!

So... How did everyone do today? I couldn't make it this year but I'm dying to hear how everyone did that shot today. Any videos to share?

Im signed up for tomorrow AM but can’t make it. Anyone that didn’t make reg. and would like my spot let me know.

Someone asked me what the distance was to the steel. My guess was 35 feet. Anyone know for sure?

Pretty sure it's less than 25 yards.
I was going to try to upload a video of me shooting a stage at the Mini Walls last spring but I can't figure out how to attach it here. I'm so 1997. :/

View: https://youtu.be/8Du3DlCQVEE

Last edited:
When I got home from that match I noticed a nice fresh crack in the slide of that old Colt 9mm 1911 I always used for steel stuff. I was crushed. Love that gun. I still use it as a backup but I'm not as good with my brand new Colt 9mm competition as I am with that old Colt. I'm still trying to figure out exactly why that is.

When I got home from that match I noticed a nice fresh crack in the slide of that old Colt 9mm 1911 I always used for steel stuff. I was crushed. Love that gun. I still use it as a backup but I'm not as good with my brand new Colt 9mm competition as I am with that old Colt. I'm still trying to figure out exactly why that is.

Wow, that's terrible! Those guns usually last forever. That's exactly what I've been using for years for steel, an old Colt 9mm 1911. I love it and I'd be devastated if something happened to it.

Back
Top Bottom