• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2018 Steel Challenge @ Harvard Sportsmens Club

Thanks again to all of the organizers and workers. Nice day, nice place, nice people!

Now if I could only shoot straighter and faster, it would have been a perfect day.

Rand

Just a reminder about this weekends Steel Challenge match, as long as there's no hurricanes ;)

Could use some help laying out the stages Friday afternoon to make it go a little quicker.

Okay, late notice but we'll be looking for nook operators and probably some RO's tomorrow.

Let us know when u sign up if you can work.

Thank you for your help Alex, it was greatly appreciated.
And thank you to all the other folks that stepped up to help, we even got Frank to come out from retirement :)

Getting an early start on looking for help for the next SC match, as always we need RO's and nook
operators. I'm trying to get enough worker folks so we can have 6 squads.
We also need folks to stay and help put the stuff away !!
I will need 1 or 2 helpers to help lay out the stages on Friday afternoon for a couple hours.
Please email me at [email protected] to confirm your commitment to help out
Sat. Oct.20th.
Or Friday afternoon.

Also, I was trying to have an 8 stage match this month but that is NOT going to happen,
too may things going on, so this will be the regular 6 stage match.

If you plan on bringing a full squad to HSC please let me know, I am trying to keep the squads
to a manageable size of 10-12 shooters so we can be done in a timely manner, and believe it or
not, this late in the year the sun becomes an issue in the later afternoon for dot sight shooters.

For this last match I am limiting the number of 2 gunners per squad to 2 and only 2,
first come first signed up. You will shoot your 2nd gun after all the 1 gun shooters like always.
If the squad you want to shoot on already has 2 2 gunners on it you will have to pick a different
squad or only shoot one gun.
AND, if the quantity of single gun shooters makes the squad sizes grow larger than 12 per squad
then ALL 2 gun shooters will be pulled and given their money back, you'll still be able to shoot your
1 gun, just trying to get done at a reasonable time.

All one gun shooters will be accommodated, 2 gun shooters, not so much :D

Thanks for all the help everyone has given this past year, one more match to go !!

If anyone is planning to help Friday afternoon or Saturday I really need to know,
can't have a match if I don't know I have enough help.
Looking for Friday afternoon setup help so Dan & Betsy don't have to drive home in
Friday afternoon 495 North traffic !!
And I don't want to see those faces you make when I ask you work at the last minute
on Saturday.

I know we always "make it work" come match day but the uncertainty is not fun.

email me at [email protected]

Just wanted post that there is NO match in November 2018.
The HSC Calendar has a match listed and the new newsletter has a match listed also o_O

Back
Top Bottom