ONLY 1 LEFT 2018 OCSA Pembroke ma NEXT NOV 4th M1 Garand Clinic and Modern Military

20 round mags are ideal though as they are easier to manipulate during the mag change, imo.

Pre ban 20 rounders are pretty easy to come by. Just don't buy them on the NES classified ads because guys think they are made of gold here.

Unsure if I will be there next time, but if so you are welcome to use 2 of my 20's for rapid fire.

Perfect, thank you. Just got a new toy, so hoping to be there for september games, barring wife going into labor. And I skipped the brake haha.

What, no brake? We were going to place you with the wall on one side and Franco on the other. :D

Likewise, I can loan a couple 20-rounders if you need them. As mentioned, 10's are OK and I prefer them for prone shooting anyway.

Worth a little checking for my own curiousity, but states with 10-round maximums and no pre-ban exempt status are going to dictate such mags anyway.

Mountain, that was one of the guiding factors for no brake!

Awesome, thanks all. Ill bring the 10's then, for some reason I thought rules said the rifle had to use 20's.

Mountain, that was one of the guiding factors for no brake!

Awesome, thanks all. Ill bring the 10's then, for some reason I thought rules said the rifle had to use 20's.
The might push that at states,regionals or nationals but not the small matches. Well unless you shoot well past 240/300;)

The might push that at states,regionals or nationals but not the small matches. Well unless you shoot well past 240/300;)

So, just reviewing the "Games" rules for Modern Military.

Magazines may have a capacity of no more than 30 rounds. Magazines may not be used to support the rifle in a firing position where the magazine rests on the ground or arm.

Highpower rules for AR are different:

Magazines. Metal or synthetic (polymer) magazines, standard issue or commercial equivalent, straight or curved, with standard service 20 or 30-round box magazine dimensions must be attached during the firing of all courses and in all positions. A 10-round magazine with the same external dimensions as a standard service 20-round box magazine may be used. A dummy magazine with a ramp for single shot loading may be used if this magazine has the same external dimensions as the standard service 20-round box magazine.

Edit, here is my personal favorite rule, it's even underlined in the rulebook

"Barrels may not have compensators, muzzle brakes or sound suppressors"

Note that standard issue flash hiders are allowed by CMP and NRA rules. Not allowed by MA unless
a pre ban rifle.

So, just reviewing the "Games" rules for Modern Military.

Magazines may have a capacity of no more than 30 rounds. Magazines may not be used to support the rifle in a firing position where the magazine rests on the ground or arm.

Highpower rules for AR are different:

Magazines. Metal or synthetic (polymer) magazines, standard issue or commercial equivalent, straight or curved, with standard service 20 or 30-round box magazine dimensions must be attached during the firing of all courses and in all positions. A 10-round magazine with the same external dimensions as a standard service 20-round box magazine may be used. A dummy magazine with a ramp for single shot loading may be used if this magazine has the same external dimensions as the standard service 20-round box magazine.

Edit, here is my personal favorite rule, it's even underlined in the rulebook

"Barrels may not have compensators, muzzle brakes or sound suppressors"
this is why you just get a nice target crown barrel or thread protector. For 223 ar slung up a brake is not going to help much , well it does nothing for me.

this is why you just get a nice target crown barrel or thread protector. For 223 ar slung up a brake is not going to help much , well it does nothing for me.

If legal for CMP, a good brake/comp would help in rapids. I've shot a few that I thought were good until trying one that a friend put on his AR. I was able to keep his reticle inside the center of car steering wheel / airbag area (2" circle) at ~85 yards. It was a NES car shoot, not 'go time' nor a dispute with the neighbors. :D No muzzle jump that I could perceive.

Just shot, my god is it a fun rifle. I do kinda miss the irons tho, or atleast the M1 irons. Now to steal the wife's yoga mat.

Have any of you done appleseed? Noticed there is one in November, is it like a tournament, or more like a seminar/practice?

Just shot, my god is it a fun rifle. I do kinda miss the irons tho, or atleast the M1 irons. Now to steal the wife's yoga mat.

Have any of you done appleseed? Noticed there is one in November, is it like a tournament, or more like a seminar/practice?

Seminar/practice.

I've been thinking about doing one at some point if I can find the time just to brush up on some things...then maybe try and qualify as an instructor in the future.

If legal for CMP, a good brake/comp would help in rapids. I've shot a few that I thought were good until trying one that a friend put on his AR. I was able to keep his reticle inside the center of car steering wheel / airbag area (2" circle) at ~85 yards. It was a NES car shoot, not 'go time' nor a dispute with the neighbors. :D No muzzle jump that I could perceive.

apple seed is fun it’s generally a 2 day event and you will shoot a lot. Depending on the format. I have shot “Appleseed type” events where we just use the targets and corse of fire. Mostly with 22lr though

eQOmm7m

This is my first toy, hoping to make it this month.

View: https://imgur.com/a/eQOmm7m

Hey why not?

Personally I need Garand practice, so I'll be shooting the Bula and the Franco Special.
Yeah figure why not bring another one of grand dads old pos rifles . Well this one might not be that old 1991 Colt Hbar comp.

Perfect, thank you. Just got a new toy, so hoping to be there for september games, barring wife going into labor. And I skipped the brake haha.

I'm PM'ing you a link from another forum - 20 round pre bans $12 /each plus ship.

I'm PM'ing you a link from another forum - 20 round pre bans $12 /each plus ship.

Hit me up too, deedub!

Unfortunately, I have a camping trip with the Marines next weekend and will miss Modern Military :( but am seriously looking into building an upper that would fit the bill for CMP matches for next year. Are there any 'dumbed down' guidelines somewhere for what it and is not allowed aside from the general MM rules in the CMP guide?

Hit me up too, deedub!

Unfortunately, I have a camping trip with the Marines next weekend and will miss Modern Military :( but am seriously looking into building an upper that would fit the bill for CMP matches for next year. Are there any 'dumbed down' guidelines somewhere for what it and is not allowed aside from the general MM rules in the CMP guide?
the basics is no free float , 20" max barrel length and under 8.5lbs < might have to look exact spec on weight

Biggest things are 4.5# trigger, can be 2 stage; ; no accuracy mods (ie, float tube, 1/4 min sights, etc); and over all weight. You can have 4.5x optics.

At a CMP Games match, the armorer will weigh your trigger and perform a quick visual inspection.

Actually I might shoot two MM's and a Garand. How? .308 NM clone Garand. I may or may not shoot in the unlimited class in VT, so some practice would be good. Haven't shot that turkey in a while.

the basics is no free float , 20" max barrel length and under 8.5lbs < might have to look exact spec on weight

I think A2 style clamshell handguards on a free float tube are CMP allowed now. Places like white oak and RRA are selling "Service Rifle" AR's that are configured that way.

I think A2 style clamshell handguards on a free float tube are CMP allowed now. Places like white oak and RRA are selling "Service Rifle" AR's that are configured that way.

Those are "illegal" for Modern Military; Legal for CMP/NRA Service Rifle.

Man, keeping track of all these rules is a nightmare.
Also hard to have a ruling when there’s no clear definition on some/most rules.
Like the BS when they 1st did the MM class. All AR type rifles had to have a government profile barrel.

For Modern Military CMP:

1) No free-float upper
2) Iron sights or scope 4.5X or lower.
3) Trigger pull 4.5 lbs or higher
4) Weight limit for AR's is 8.5 lbs, M1A 10.0 lbs. There are limits for AK's etc. too.

That pretty much covers it. If you come to Pembroke you can shoot what you bring and still get bragging rights if your rifle is not compliant.

Back
Top Bottom