ONLY 1 LEFT 2018 OCSA Pembroke ma NEXT NOV 4th M1 Garand Clinic and Modern Military

mac1911

NES Member
2018 SCHEDULE IS READY....M1 GARAND CLINIC/MATCH AND GAMES. SEE INFO BELOW

Match fee is $13
Club ammo and M1 garands available

DUE TO PRICE INCREASES ON 30-06 AMMO FROM THE CMP
MATCH AMMO WILL NOW BE $26 FOR 35 ROUNDS.

ALL MATCHES START 8:30AM SHARP WITH MANDATORY SAFETY BRIEFING

LINKS TO SCHEDULES FOR CMP GAMES. THERE IS ALWAYS A SECOUNDARY MATCH RUNNING WITH THE M1 GARAND CLNIC/MATCH

View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XcEK92o2tAdtduegLfCa0zeycd14JL2r/view

View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1av6meuYF1yaoUjLwepBGd2_gNm6nAc44/view

View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DEKBXO-yvaSUT-ip3CJLl7Tb9a_UmYho/view

View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vel7mGL0ZWWcbtkbs4vxcH_wPFt0-NkQ/view

Last edited:
Is this a members only thing?
Hell no non members and first timers are welcome and wanted. There's even guns ammo mats gloves and jackets available (if they fit)
Posted a linking post 1. Its last years schedule but this year is very close and I will up date as I get info.

Last edited:
The club M1's are tack drivers, worked over by a top level armorer. Wear long pants, bring ear and eye protection, and money for the entry fee and ammo. That's all you need. Maybe a drink and snack but the club cafe is open too. Great people and a lot of fun, plus you will qualify for the CMP M1 purchasing program that way.

Thinking that I might shoot the scoped AR for the April MM, then shoot a 're-entry' with the Bula M14. Decisions...

We should have a M14 match, perhaps.

So who is bringing a M14 / M1A for the Modern Military match? I plan to bring the Bula build. Damn I hope this one isn't the weekend right after I get back from overseas. My eyes always suck when I'm jet lagged. Maybe the new glasses will help.

Also thinking about bringing the lead-dipper Winchester Garand and shooting vintage Lake City NM ammo.

DW, you know you want that Winchester. Bring cash and it's yours, LOL.

There is a small chance I will have a M1a at my disposal to shoot...other than that I might just shoot a SKS?

Nice.

I will miss the June match, as Reading is running an EIC match that day.

DW you're going to have to explain this whole 'leg points' thing to me again because I can't seem to wrap my head around it...I'm interested in throwing my hat in the ring and possibly becoming distinguished while I'm still enlisted and I'm not sure if the rules are different.

Do you have a schedule of the matches within reasonable distances that you're attending to qualify?

DW you're going to have to explain this whole 'leg points' thing to me again because I can't seem to wrap my head around it...I'm interested in throwing my hat in the ring and possibly becoming distinguished while I'm still enlisted and I'm not sure if the rules are different.

Do you have a schedule of the matches within reasonable distances that you're attending to qualify?
The basics are you shoot EIC matches regionals or state champs and guts top 10% scores points are decided somehow
Distinguished Badge Program - Civilian Marksmanship Program
The matches are always to few and far between for me to try plus my shooting is only going to get worse as my time behind the rifle and the eyes start to go. Wish CMP could have a cmp games style rifleman program and just use your scores as they come in. I never got into the badge. Program for f I did all the NRA stuff as a kids I would have that all wrapped up. I did get my DE in shotgun trap , took a summer and about 40 rounds of trap to do it

I think this is the eic schedule
CMP Club & Competition Tracker | Upcoming Competitions and Events

Thanks Mac!

I'm just hoping my AR qualifies as being compliant for competition because I certainly don't want to buy one at todays prices!

Not even to say that I'll even be CLOSE to the top 10% of shooters anytime soon (if at all, ever) either, but I have effectively ZERO chance if I don't even try.

I prepped all my brass for the Garand yesterday for the first part of the season and know my dope a hell of a lot better than I did last year when my adjustment knob kept coming loose after every match...lol. One thing is for sure, I'm SO ready to get out and have fun doing what I love the most.

Thanks Mac!

I'm just hoping my AR qualifies as being compliant for competition because I certainly don't want to buy one at todays prices!

Not even to say that I'll even be CLOSE to the top 10% of shooters anytime soon (if at all, ever) either, but I have effectively ZERO chance if I don't even try.

I prepped all my brass for the Garand yesterday for the first part of the season and know my dope a hell of a lot better than I did last year when my adjustment knob kept coming loose after every match...lol. One thing is for sure, I'm SO ready to get out and have fun doing what I love the most.
I'm eager also , only been out for lunch time 22lr testing. 18 min of rush shooting is not good practice. Packed on a few pounds also. Need to get the M1s out and do my 9lb exercises

Dusted off the Bula M14 today and practiced a bit - 100/98/90. Still trying to find a nice spot for my support hand in offhand but the trigger job definitely helped. I have a feeling this will become my favorite rifle to shoot in CMP this year.
Dust you have not even had it a year, I'm still hoping my friend buys his M1a soon so I can bring it.
Its not looking good for me on the 22nd. One match if I'm lucky so I will bring my 06 and 308 shoot the 308 if I only have time for one.

Dusted off the Bula M14 today and practiced a bit - 100/98/90. Still trying to find a nice spot for my support hand in offhand but the trigger job definitely helped. I have a feeling this will become my favorite rifle to shoot in CMP this year.

Nice shooting! What's your load? [smile]

22nd might be iffy for me as well depending upon the home front. Health issues for one of my kids- got through the critical phase so on to the longer term stuff and we're getting through it. Likely to cut into my shooting time this year and that's OK.

Planning on shooting vintage LC National Match .30-06 ammo. It shoots quite well through the Winchester. Hoping I have some more Creedmoor .308 for the Bula. Not planning on making a bunch of reloads for a few weeks.

Last edited:
41.0 of 4895 under a 168 nosler cc blem. I took one of the known m14 loads and dialed it down a grain or so because we're not going out full course.

Sorry to hear about your kid, hope everything works out.
Have you ran anything slower with H4895? I have not seen how low of a charge I can go before my rifle won't cycle 100% I'm going to gander its about 36 grains or so.

I've never had to pre-register, the number of shooters has never reached the max when I've gone.

In the past, a few club guns were already taken out and placed on the racks during setup.

How do I register for the 4/22 Garand Match? Will also need to borrow rifle and buy club ammo.

As stated we seldom get the numbers to make pre registration a issue . That said you can contact Rich on the flyer posted in post #1 . It's always good to know how many are going to need rifles/ammo .

Simply show up on time introduce yourself and let them know you need rifle/ammo and guidence

How do I register for the 4/22 Garand Match? Will also need to borrow rifle and buy club ammo.

[thumbsup]

The matches are a lot of fun. Club guns are very accurate due to some special attention by a skilled armorer. If not mentioned, bring a thick sweatshirt & long pants. I think there are a couple shooting jackets floating around the club. If you wear 'XL' shirt size, I can bring an extra jacket for you to borrow.

When you arrive you will see the club house on the left hand side. The 200 yard shack is the last door at the far end of the buildings on the left as you come in.

Last edited:
Should have my 308 loads done tonight. I only have time for one match on the 22nd unless things move along exceptionally well. Need to get out around 1:45

I have tumbled brass. Not enough Lapua unless I shoot or pull some leftover TMK's I loaded. I have a bunch of PPU that DW gave me, but I haven't tried any loads in that yet. Worst case I'll grab the AR. Overseas this week so with other commitments reload time getting tighter.

Back
Top Bottom