ONLY 1 LEFT 2018 OCSA Pembroke ma NEXT NOV 4th M1 Garand Clinic and Modern Military

Damn, Mac! Glad you’re ok though and the kids weren’t in the truck?

Who the heck has 500 rounds of GP11 for sale? Never mind, don’t tell me because I really should be buying more of anything right now.

So Model of 1917’s vs. Mausers? It’ll be like WWI all over again...except no one is shooting at each other...or dying...ok, so it will be nothing like WWI.

Anyone feel like carpooling with me out to no mans land?
yeah it was fun managed to avoid all the other cars by closing my eyes flooring it and going high on the wall!

yeah it was fun managed to avoid all the other cars by closing my eyes flooring it and going high on the wall!

Damn! Sucks big time but glad you are OK. Close call, I think.

Dakar, I have tons of room in the truck. I have a locking bed, so we can put you in there and your rifles in the front seat. [smile]
Seriously, welcome to catch a ride with me. I'll remember your 2520 this time too.

FWIW, I think our favorite poo-say gun hater holds the all-time Vintage Rifle record at Camp Perry, via 1917 Enfield.

Dakar, I have tons of room in the truck. I have a locking bed, so we can put you in there and your rifles in the front seat. [smile]
Seriously, welcome to catch a ride with me. I'll remember your 2520 this time too.

FWIW, I think our favorite poo-say gun hater holds the all-time Vintage Rifle record at Camp Perry, via 1917 Enfield.

can I bring snacks to eat in the dark at least? maybe the shake weight so i can get that 'pump' before the big match?

thank you sir...I promise i won't beat your scores in exchange for the lift :/

why am I not surprised about that last tid bit about franco. i think i'm finally breaking down and getting ready to give him one of my rifles to look at for accuracy and do all he can do for it but still keep it within CMP guidelines.

on another note, i'm getting really close to breaking 250 with the Garand where i seemed to have sat around the mid to high 230 mark most of last season.

i'm still really impressed with the newcomers from last match (and i guess the one i missed before that due to drill)...those guys were kickin my ass! any idea what their background is? military?

Snacks??? OK, you are riding shotgun now.

No idea on the new shooters' backgrounds. Glad to see them attending and doing well.

Franco is really fantastic to work with. I happened to catch him when he didn't have a lot of other rifles to work on and he had that Field Grade good to go very quickly.

Do you guys know anything about spanish mausers? Worthwhile purchase to use it?

I have this bayonett that I think belongs to either a 1893 or 1916 Carbine spanish mausers (from what ive researched). Im debating getting a rifle, since they seem to be not very expensive, should it be a good shooter?

CmvHrWu.jpg

View: https://imgur.com/BGcmjzO

View: https://imgur.com/a/VLjoxxK

VGjdh5q

LMAO...welcome to the club sir...i have no info on your mauser, but i once bought a $200 box of M1A parts that has since cost me almost $5k in buying parts to complete the rifles.

my biggest worry is, i just found two more firing pins in the bottom of the box this morning and had a quick thought of 'what's one more...just one more'

You have the bayonet, may as well finish the rifle lol.

Can't really comment on the Spanish Mausers. Swedish Mausers do well in CMP Vintage.

Hahaha, I remember telling my wife "its only just 1 handgun". Luckily (or unlukcily!) im deep in a renovation project, and a baby in the way, so I need to force myself to be thrifty!

And those M1a are daaaaamn sexy rifles!

Hahaha, I remember telling my wife "its only just 1 handgun". Luckily (or unlukcily!) im deep in a renovation project, and a baby in the way, so I need to force myself to be thrifty!

And those M1a are daaaaamn sexy rifles!
while we have you, you shot a darn good first time garand match score on your prone scores....do you have rifle experience? Military?

while we have you, you shot a darn good first time garand match score on your prone scores....do you have rifle experience? Military?

Thanks Mac! I don't have much experience, I started shooting anything maybe a year back (a 9mm 1911), I fear this may have been pure beginners luck, and great support from the trainer at the event!

Im hoping to make it to the next one.

So I am reviewing the regional EIC match schedule... Looks like there is a conflict with every OCSA match through Sept. See you guys in Vermont at the CMP Games.

This is what im bringing on the 8th. Only shot one cmp 100 yard match several years ago shooting cast. I shot a 397/500 1X
Qqo9Yn3l.jpg

heres the rough zero check.
took 3 shots and adjusted elevation until i got closer to the middle. it tends to shoot to the right so i plan to give the front sight a nudge and hope my judgement is right.
The eleavation should be good. I have no idea what the velocity on this 303 HXP is so im either going to pretty spot on or low 9 high 8 ring. I dont know what it will shoot like once it gets a little warm?
tdqhlo7l.jpg

This is what im bringing on the 8th. Only shot one cmp 100 yard match several years ago shooting cast. I shot a 397/500 1X
Qqo9Yn3l.jpg

heres the rough zero check.
took 3 shots and adjusted elevation until i got closer to the middle. it tends to shoot to the right so i plan to give the front sight a nudge and hope my judgement is right.
The eleavation should be good. I have no idea what the velocity on this 303 HXP is so im either going to pretty spot on or low 9 high 8 ring. I dont know what it will shoot like once it gets a little warm?
tdqhlo7l.jpg

Let's hope for either pit service or good lighting so that you can see where your sighters go when they are in the black.

Let's hope for either pit service or good lighting so that you can see where your sighters go when they are in the black.
If they are in the black I will just keep dumping rounds and take what ever i get
. Not exactly a good test 13 shots with one of those 11oclock 7s being a flyer from 2nd 3 shot group. F’n HXP a flyer in every batch!

If they are in the black I will just keep dumping rounds and take what ever i get
. Not exactly a good test 13 shots with one of those 11oclock 7s being a flyer from 2nd 3 shot group. F’n HXP a flyer in every batch!

Bringing HXP to the NES car shoot tomorrow. Flyers or not, I think I can hit a car at 80 yards.

i think i can i think i can i think i can....them blam HXP strikes!
i cant remeber how i did in off hand with fhe enfield when i shot it 5 years ago?
Any how im hoping it provides some consistency and does not start wondering once it warms up after 15 rounds

I forgot to bring a cleaned up enbloc yesterday and only had the shitty Greek enblocs from a bandolier of HXP. Stupid thing kept jamming and prematurely ejecting. Ammo was at least minute of pickup truck accurate.

i took care of my HXP clips. made SLEDs out of them.
After 5 years my original gave me fits last match. Few tweaks and all is good.
Do you guys know anything about spanish mausers? Worthwhile purchase to use it?

I have this bayonett that I think belongs to either a 1893 or 1916 Carbine spanish mausers (from what ive researched). Im debating getting a rifle, since they seem to be not very expensive, should it be a good shooter?

CmvHrWu.jpg

View: https://imgur.com/BGcmjzO

View: https://imgur.com/a/VLjoxxK

VGjdh5q

there is no reason other than a rough bore those old mausers cant post a respectful score. I tried snagging some of those Spanish 1916s from samco before they went out.

So the return traffic for me is going to be interesting. It always is on the Sunday after 4th of July week. Cape traffic then as I get closer to the Worcester area I'll have all those a-holes from NJ, NY, and CT coming back from NH, ME, and VT. A chance I may want to miss that mess and stay close to home.

Just in case I decide to suck it up and deal with the traffic, took the K31 and 'new' Franco Match M1 to the range along with my M14. M14 continues to shoot great- 100-7X for the M14 Forum postal match. M1 running good too, 99-3X on SR-1. Was up very late- eyes aren't great today so some vertical stringing due to fuzzy front sight. K31 should be OK, but had to spend some time sorting out the windage and elevation. I only have left the exact amount of K31 reloads for the match if I go. Hopefully I'll have a spare from the sighter shots.

Just in case I decide to suck it up and deal with the traffic, took the K31 and 'new' Franco Match M1 to the range along with my M14. M14 continues to shoot great- 100-7X for the M14 Forum postal match. M1 running good too, 99-3X on SR-1. Was up very late- eyes aren't great today so some vertical stringing due to fuzzy front sight. K31 should be OK, but had to spend some time sorting out the windage and elevation. I only have left the exact amount of K31 reloads for the match if I go. Hopefully I'll have a spare from the sighter shots.
Tempted tp bring the K31 but I got a gold with that last time out.... time for the brit, Nudge Nudge wink wink pip pip cheerio all the rubbish, Now Bugger off you wanker

say no more, say no more ,know what I mean
grandma was brit. Watched every british based show on PBS from birth to about 24. She had control of the tv most of my child years. Only show that really irked me was mystery theater.

I figured maybe you could use this but the resolution is not to great?
f2WSCJY.jpg

50 yards or so...
eSNACOi.jpg

spent some time getting rid of some pellets that kind of suck beyond 10m

Back
Top Bottom