• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2018 Cast Bullet Seminar Date Poll

Which Sunday works best?

• October 21st

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • October 28th

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

38ExtraSpecial

NES Member
Alright the time has come.

This year we're going to focus a little more on the casting/sizing/lubing/coating etc and a little less time on the smelting based off of last years reviews.
I would like to have all of the smelting done earlier and ingots ready to go for the day with a short session on obtaining lead, scrap alloys, smelting and safety. 30 minutes tops.

As always if one of our local gurus would like to attend and help or have a great show and tell/discussion like Bill Ned and The Goose then you are very welcome to join and share what you know.

This year I would like to try for a Sunday to hopefully keep away from the Saturday working schedules.
I was thinking October should be a little cooler and good for hot lead work.

Please vote for a date that works for you and as always if you have questions please ask. We have a ton of experienced casters on this forum that can give you answers and let you know what an awesome hobby it is and how it really helps support our main hobby of shooting.
If you're not sure if it will work for you or your guns and loading equipment just ask. If you're scared of lead poisoning just ask. If you think it's too technical or time consuming just ask.

Once we figure a date that works best for the majority we can put together a sign up thread with details of the day.
In the meantime you can refer to last years thread to see some details.
If anyone who was at a previous seminar would like to speak up about the seminar please do.
Annual NES CAST BULLET SEMINAR 2017!

Thanks for looking!

Back
Top Bottom