2018 Boston Red Sox

Inside Out

NES Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Great team, great series. What a blast to watch them.

Now I can finally start getting to sleep at a reasonable hour!

MAGG

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
it was obvious the MVP would come down to Price or Pearce.....Prices history had nothing to do with the World Series...because he was great in the games he pitched and helped cement a victory...Pearce tho had some much needed offense...I was happy with either guy...what a season....CONGRATS SOX.....F*** their owners

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I had six guys as potential MVP’s depending on how the game went.

Pearce or Moreland

Devers or Núñez

Price or Eovaldi

All had to do something special except Eovaldi, who could get it if one of the other 5 were great tonight.

Turns out both Pearce and Price were incredible. Pearce totally deserved it, and it’s a bit of a shame Price couldn’t also win.

What a run this team had. When their big bats fell asleep pretty much everyone else stepped up. From their reliefers to their ultilty guys to the guys who were basically just fillins. Awesome. Fun team. Fun manager. And they just win.

greencobra

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
When do the buses leave for spring training?
shit, same thing I was thinking after the last out. I was bummed the season is over but what...busses head down the end of feburary? oh god, I hate football so much. and proud to say I've hated it all my life.

PaulR

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Honest question:
Watching Price's demeanor during the celebration, often times he was pretty stone-faced. Does this guy have serious issues, or is that just the way he is?? (lack of personality?)

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
so Roberts looks like a mushroom for pulling his starter the other night when Boston couldn't touch him. And Cora looks like a genius for swapping out Sale for Price ( who only gave up 1 run) and then bringing Sale in to close.

If your strategy works you are a genius and if not you are a boob.

Just watching the little I did the Sox dominated. Not sure if LA even had a chance...

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I thought Muchado was going down on that last strike...
Oh man. I get that it was ONLY 4 runs, but if I were Sale, I'd have sent a 100mph fastball at his head. What a douche.

When do the buses leave for spring training?
I know. This is so depressing. :(. I might actually renew my Pawsox tickets for next season.

Honest question:
Watching Price's demeanor during the celebration, often times he was pretty stone-faced. Does this guy have serious issues, or is that just the way he is?? (lack of personality?)
He was overcome with emotion and his brain checked out. He was mental toast. No issues. Keep in mind he was Mr. NotOctober for a # of years. He was Mr. October now. And it's all over. And it'll never be the same. That's a lot to take in in an hour.

And WTF was up with Fox??? Talking about how Dombrowski "sold the farm system" to get a championship. I'm sorry. Did you not have Betts, Bradley, Boegarts, Holt, Vasquez, Devers and Benny???? Yeah. It sucks to have 7 position players that are your very own prospects and all in their 20's. It might take you 5 years to rebuild the farm system. Which is at least what you have with those guys. (You can't keep them all - the price tag is just too big.). HONESTLY! Talk about stupid. Not always a Dombrowski fan, but he brought in just the right folks this year.

And Levangie did what I never thought he'd do - pull that squad together to knuckle under and make pitches all post-season. I thought we'd go 4-and-out with NY. I certainly thought the Stroh'z were gonna take it. And I was worried after Friday night our pitchers would be toast for the last 4 games. Instead, he found a way to inspire them and get them in the right frame of mind.

W.E.C

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh man. I get that it was ONLY 4 runs, but if I were Sale, I'd have sent a 100mph fastball at his head. What a douche.

I know. This is so depressing. :(. I might actually renew my Pawsox tickets for next season.

He was overcome with emotion and his brain checked out. He was mental toast. No issues. Keep in mind he was Mr. NotOctober for a # of years. He was Mr. October now. And it's all over. And it'll never be the same. That's a lot to take in in an hour.

And WTF was up with Fox??? Talking about how Dombrowski "sold the farm system" to get a championship. I'm sorry. Did you not have Betts, Bradley, Boegarts, Holt, Vasquez, Devers and Benny???? Yeah. It sucks to have 7 position players that are your very own prospects and all in their 20's. It might take you 5 years to rebuild the farm system. Which is at least what you have with those guys. (You can't keep them all - the price tag is just too big.). HONESTLY! Talk about stupid. Not always a Dombrowski fan, but he brought in just the right folks this year.

And Levangie did what I never thought he'd do - pull that squad together to knuckle under and make pitches all post-season. I thought we'd go 4-and-out with NY. I certainly thought the Stroh'z were gonna take it. And I was worried after Friday night our pitchers would be toast for the last 4 games. Instead, he found a way to inspire them and get them in the right frame of mind.

Sold the farm system?
No problem, they can buy a new one next week.

Highest payroll in baseball.

W.E.C

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I hope trump doesn’t invite them to the white house.

Because of the trophy wife the owner bought.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I wouldn't bother inviting any team to the WH anymore. It brings the political divide even deeper into major league sports when players and managers say they will not attend.

This is the main reason I do not watch football or any other professional sports anymore. Morbid curiosity got me to tune into a inning here or there for this series but haven't seen pitch outside the WS all season.

Drop the WH invites. They don't want to go and I'm sick of listing to the divisive BS.

greencobra

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I wouldn't bother inviting any team to the WH anymore. It brings the political divide even deeper into major league sports when players and managers say they will not attend.
i agree, haven't heard much politics from baseball yet. although hill spared with trump on facebook or some social media thing yesterday. i don't want to see dana lavangie kneeling next year at the home opener.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
He'll invite them, and there will be drama. I hope he pulls the invite if there is.
I would much rather have seen it been abandoned entirely by the white house. I don't see what relevance the president has hosting a domestic
sports team because they won, BFD. I think it politicizes something that shouldn't be. If it was something like US olympic athletes I could SORT OF
understand that because they actually represent America in the competition, and theres a connection there as a sort of "state function", but having MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL teams go to DC? Completely stupid. The only people that benefit from that whole thing is a bunch of arm flapping artificially created drama profiteering douchebags in the media which make inferences and implications from it that simply shouldn't exist. These inferences and implications are both 110% unfair to the president (regardless of who he is!) and also to the players and the team. (Imagine being a sports player and having to listen to family bullshit depending on affiliation because you went to the WH while Obama/Trump/Bush was in office) Years ago this was different but during the Obama admin, or perhaps earlier the well got pissed in and in 2018 I don't really think it's appropriate anymore, the whole concept has gotten politicized and turned into a clown show.

I just hope in the wake of this (whatever happens) when some douchey reporter goes "So so and so went to the WH, and X Y and Z stayed home, what are we to infer from that?"

Player: " I think we can infer that you should mind your own f***ing business instead of assuming someone's political leanings based off some kind of decision to attend or not. "

It's worth noting that in years past some players that didn't go to the WH tried to make it clear that they weren't doing it as a "protest" but that they just preferred not to go, and of course the media ignores that or glosses over it, etc. It's just a scummy scene all around. This should no longer be a "thing" anymore, nobody benefits from it except a bunch of scumbags.

-Mike

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
If it was something like US olympic athletes I could SORT OF
understand that because they actually represent America in the competition, and theres a connection there as a sort of "state function", but having MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL teams go to DC? Completely stupid.
Ahem. The Red Sox just won the World Series. For America.

Top Bottom