• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2018 Angle Tree Bullseye matches

rogues

NES Member
My father is running several 1800s at Angle Tree this year. I think most shooters that shoot bullseye are already aware of these matches but I figured I'd post the match bulletin here. If you've shot Bullseye before (or I think the NRA is calling it Precision Pistol now but Greg can correct me), these are great matches to attend. This isn't really for beginners, who might want to check out the weekly league matches that run Fall and Winter for a good intro at your local club.

2018 OUTDOOR 1800 PISTOL MATCHES

ANGLE TREE STONE ROD & GUN CLUB
57 Kelley Boulevard (Rt-152), North Attleboro, MA 02760

MATCH DATES: (4) May 27/June 24/ July 22/ Sept 30, 2018 (see note on bottom of page 2 regarding Sept 30th match)

All matches are on Sundays

Range: 50-yard slow fire - 25 yard turning target timed & rapid. 47 shooting points.

Eligibility: Open to all competitors. These matches are registered with the National Rifle Association.

Registration and fees: Advance registration is required for squadding. Please register early!

PM me for contact info.

Package entry fee of $35.00 includes registration fee and all individual and aggregate matches for the 1800. Package fee for 1 gun is $25.00. (See note 1 on back of page)

Start Time: 9:00 AM

Rules: Current NRA Rules will govern.

Classification: Competitors must show a validated current outdoor classification or score record book. All unclassified competitors will compete in the Master Class.

Firearms: .22-caliber and center fire as per NRA Rules for Conventional Pistol. Triggers may be weighed and will be weighed if National Records are broken.

Scoring: Competitors will pass scorecards to the right. Plugs and gauges will be used only by designated range personnel. Competitors are responsible for repairing their own targets, Bring your own stapler. (NO T-50 STAPLERS PERMITTED) A 3-man jury will be called. A $2.00 challenge fee will be paid for each challenge.

Targets: All slow fire will be on the NRA B-6 50 yard slow fire target. All timed and rapid will be on the NRA B-8 target for 25 yards for timed and rapid fire.

Award Schedule: Open each match. First in each class if at least five present and shooting. Second if ten. Third if fifteen, Fourth if twenty. Civilian and Service (including National Guard and Reserve) categories. Additional categories if sufficient competitors (5) present and shooting. Awards will be cash.

Direction To The Range: Coming from Route 95, either North or South, take exit 5. Take a left at the stop sign/light at the end of the ramp. Take a left at the traffic signal and proceed approximately 1/2 mile. Angle Tree Stone R & G is on the right. Follow the road to the left of the Main Clubhouse and down back to the outdoor range.

MATCH 1 .22 CAL. SLOW FIRE, 20 SHOTS
MATCH 2 .22 CAL. NATIONAL MATCH COURSE, 30 SHOTS
MATCH 3 .22 CAL. TIMED FIRE, 20 SHOTS
MATCH 4 .22 CAL. RAPID FIRE 20 SHOTS
MATCH 5 .22 CAL. SUB AGGREGATE
SHORT BREAK
MATCH 6 CENTER FIRE SLOW FIRE. 20 SHOTS
MATCH 7 CENTER FIRE NATIONAL MATCH COURSE 30 SHOTS
MATCH 8 CENTER FIRE TIMED FIRE. 20 SHOTS
MATCH 9 CENTER FIRE RAPID FIRE. 20 SHOTS
MATCH 10 CENTER FIRE SUB AGGREGATE
MATCH 11 MATCH GRAND AGGREGATE FOR 1800

NOTES:

1. Attendance has been good in the past. Send your request for squadding in early. Should capacity be exceeded, priority will be given to 2 gun shooters.

2. If the NRA changes the sanctioning fee for matches, Angle Tree Reserves the right to change the match fee by the same amount.

3. Please note that the above schedule is in the order for the match.

4. Complimentary Coffee, Donuts and Bottled Water will be provided. Shooters should bring a lunch if required. The match should be over by 1:30 PM.

5. All competitors should check in no later than 30 minutes prior to the start time. Angle Tree reserves the right to reschedule any competitor arriving after that time to make room for post entries present at the range. Post entries accepted to range capacity for any relay if such rescheduling does not delay the start of the relay.

6. Any shooter under the age of 18 must have a parent in attendance or notarized parental permission letter before they are allowed to shoot. The Match Director will have the final decision.

7 For further rules and information see the NRA website www.mynra.com
For your records: Circle the Match Dates you would like to attend and keep the match program in a safe place. You will be contacted only if there is a problem squadding. This will be your only record.

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR 2018!

A match has been tentatively scheduled for September 30th. Competitors interested in shooting at that match MUST pre-register.

Unless we have a minimum of 15 competitors pre-register, the match will be cancelled. Competitors will be notified if the match is being held or not, by email, the evening of September 26th. Please be sure to include your email address when pre-registering to assure you will be notified.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom