2017 Walls of Steel match 8/18-20/2017

How'd you all do?
Videos???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had a great time. I came prepared for rain and was hot and sweaty by stage 3.

I didn't shoot anything worth capturing...... [frown]

Some of my squad mates did though. Perhaps they will share.

If it was like last Sunday, it was far less than a second, and your finger isn't that fast! [grin]

Curt said that it was me !!!!!!!!! He was wrong. That was the third time it happened. Sending back for eval on Monday

- - - Updated - - -

Nice runs Stew!
Not many rounds missed their intended targets.... problems with the Atlas?

Just for clarification, that was 2 matches outside HSA..........

prob double feed.........2 round went off within a second of each other. I really do not think I can pull the trigger that quickly

What time in the video does that happen? 0:42 just seemed to be a jam?

If a gun is known to double I'd have had it fixed before shooting a match with it. Those sort of things don't usually clear themselves up and can become things like triples or unintended mag dumps or gun fires when slide is dropped.

Damn that was a nice run. That's pretty much exactly how I imagine myself shooting when I'm daydreaming at the office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How great would it be if Practiscore was used?? Just sayin'....I don't understand. Limit human error by transferring nearly 400 shooters scores from handwritten sheets and folks would not have to wait to see scores. Always a great match with great stages. Can any folks from Wallum shed some light on this?

How great would it be if Practiscore was used?? Just sayin'....I don't understand. Limit human error by transferring nearly 400 shooters scores from handwritten sheets and folks would not have to wait to see scores. Always a great match with great stages. Can any folks from Wallum shed some light on this?

It would be awesome - it would streamline registration too, and make results available immediately. I ran the idea by Jim a couple years ago (informally, just showed him the app at a match) and I think the infrastructure / ROs might pose a challenge. At the least you need a wifi point to sync tablets. Might be worth showing to Tim or Jim at a match again, but I'm guessing someone would need to show the benefit and volunteer for at least a few big matches to manage setup, show people how to use the tablets, troubleshoot, etc...

I went with sv. Infinity. I ditched it because dealing with Adam proved to test the limits of even the most sane persons patience.

No, no, no. I said it was the gun at the Hopkinton Match. Your gun doubled twice. So fast if you recall on Can You Count that the timer only picked up one shot. That was not your finger. At practice afterwards last week that could have been you, but at Walls, it was the same as Hopkinton. I am just guessing here, but I'll bet the time between shots was probably like .005. I have heard folks shoot .010 splits and yours were WAY faster than that. I am wrong often, but not here sir;) Fact check time:)

It would be awesome - it would streamline registration too, and make results available immediately. I ran the idea by Jim a couple years ago (informally, just showed him the app at a match) and I think the infrastructure / ROs might pose a challenge. At the least you need a wifi point to sync tablets. Might be worth showing to Tim or Jim at a match again, but I'm guessing someone would need to show the benefit and volunteer for at least a few big matches to manage setup, show people how to use the tablets, troubleshoot, etc...

Yup, sign up to do the job as these folks have enough on their plate,
we shooters are great at suggesting ways for OUR shoot experience
to be better but willing to sign up to do the job, not so much.
Hell they couldn't even get enough help to man the money making
side events.

There are many more areas that need work than all of us getting our
scores and standings published hours after a match, I believe we've
become too accustomed to being able to get or scores by the time we
drive home.
Hell with all this tech we have the club still doesn't cash my check till
the end of year[smile]

I thank Mike E for doing the scores and registrations for the SC we run
at HSC, I work on computers enough & after running a match and stowing
everything back in the shed the last u want to do is scores.

So enough of that,

Thanks Jim & Crew for another memorable Walls of Steel,see you next year.

Back
Top Bottom