• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2017 USPSA Area 7 Championship (Harvard, MA) Sept 8,9,10

News at the match - Dave Bold is retiring as Area 7 Director joining that exclusive club of which I am a member.

I was delighted to have the opportunity to sign Lee Canaba's candidacy petition (50 member signatures required to get on the ballot). I think he will make an excellent Area Director. The only thing is that if someone else also runs for the position, there are going to be job openings on his staff - muckraker, garbologist, spin doctor, yellow journalist, personal trainer and character assassin.

Which supplier came thru for you? I remember you have a new whiz-bang camera on back order from a few places.

I have yet to meet Lee, but would like to. Which club does he primarily shoot out of?

I have yet to meet Lee, but would like to. Which club does he primarily shoot out of?

Capitol City Rifle & Pistol Club in Augusta, ME

Lee is a great guy and addition to the sport. He often makes long trips to shoot down here. I've shot local matches with him at Hopkinton and BUAS over the winter. Driving 2 or 3 hours each way to shoot and indoor 4 stage match is dedication!

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out to say hi to him when I venture to Hopkinton matches. That's about as far north as I'm willing to trek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out to say hi to him when I venture to Hopkinton matches. That's about as far north as I'm willing to trek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry, look on Practiscore results to see if Lee makes it down to Hopkinton's matches. I have seen him at BUAS matches last winter, besides others.

Larry, look on Practiscore results to see if Lee makes it down to Hopkinton's matches. I have seen him at BUAS matches last winter, besides others.

I RO'd with him at the July Hopkinton match. I don't think he makes it regularly. He helped me with a procedural call I made: per shot or once per incident. He corrected me and was able to find the rule when I asked for clarification. We ended up having a similar incident on the stage I was working at A7. Because of him I was able to point out the rule to the shooter who was upset he was getting 4 procedurals.

No biggie, I'll meet him when I meet him. I suppose the first step of the process is to start getting my butt to more USPSA matches...

Back
Top Bottom