• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2017 USPSA Area 7 Championship (Harvard, MA) Sept 8,9,10

I'm semi-noctural (retired). Already shifting my sleep schedule for the week so I can get up time to shoot Friday (staff day).

I was really looking forward to shooting. Dropped my spoon, reached for it in dishwasher, had to spend the night in the box (ER).

Doc says no gripping or active hand movements on Sunday (was hoping delaying shoot day would let me do it).

Losing argument with wife. MD gave me a suture removal kit, but she says I still have to have a doc remote the stitches.

IMG_0179[1].jpg

This is dedication folks. Sean in the rain..........

21316214_10155064481792523_6317217973892566640_o.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

We almost had the fault lines washed away.......

21316150_10155064480542523_5003247208893789374_o.jpg

Let's see if IPSCDRL has any photos of him ROing a stage in 8" deep water.

Sean is the strongest argument for not waitlisting a club's membership. He joined a few years ago and has become one of the driving forces behind the USPSA program. I am tempted to say "the", but I would probably slight one of the other contributors.

That's a bummer Rob, you will be missed.

Best part of the day was when Sean (or was it Darrin) put down a fault line and it started floating away before he could get it positioned.....good times

21316214_10155064481792523_6317217973892566640_o.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

We almost had the fault lines washed away.......

21316150_10155064480542523_5003247208893789374_o.jpg

Holy crap! That is some serious dedication for sure! I hope you guys were wearing life vests....

I am bringing my rain suit, poncho, umbrella ,hiking boots, pack cover, and muck boots. This combination has kept rain away (or mostly away) for every match I have brought these to.

Good match with some fun stages...don't forget to say hi when you get to Stage 3 if you're coming by this weekend!

I may or may not have match video to add shortly...

Ran outta gas last night....here's that video...I know there's like 5 stages labeled "Stage 4". video starts on Stage 5 and goes in order from there so y'all can figure it out [wink]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to my staff-mates (that sounds dirty) I was able to take time off from the timer and scoring device and shoot photos of some of the squads as they came through Stage 3. I tried to get at least one of each shooter from the squads that were there when I was shooting photos but I missed one here and there when I had to tend to other duties. If you're in that group I apologize!

Photos can be found in full resolution and downloaded free of charge at this SmugMug gallery. That "Buy Photo" button in the gallery isn't me selling photos it's smugmug offering to sell you prints of my photos. I don't think I get any $$ from that, I honestly haven't used the site long enough to know....

News at the match - Dave Bold is retiring as Area 7 Director joining that exclusive club of which I am a member.

I was delighted to have the opportunity to sign Lee Canaba's candidacy petition (50 member signatures required to get on the ballot). I think he will make an excellent Area Director. The only thing is that if someone else also runs for the position, there are going to be job openings on his staff - muckraker, garbologist, spin doctor, yellow journalist, personal trainer and character assassin.
new one was delivered today
Which supplier came thru for you? I remember you have a new whiz-bang camera on back order from a few places.

News at the match - Dave Bold is retiring as Area 7 Director joining that exclusive club of which I am a member.

I was delighted to have the opportunity to sign Lee Canaba's candidacy petition (50 member signatures required to get on the ballot). I think he will make an excellent Area Director.

Sorry to see Dave got but I agree that Lee will do a great job and be a good representative to Area 7. I wish I knew he was running. I would have been happy to sign his application like I did for Dave a few years back.

Sorry to see Dave got but I agree that Lee will do a great job and be a good representative to Area 7. I wish I knew he was running. I would have been happy to sign his application like I did for Dave a few years back.
This sort of thing is important, so he owes you a favor once in power.

I am grateful to Dave to stepping up and serving when I had to resign due to my inability to travel to the in-person board meetings.

This sort of thing is important, so he owes you a favor once in power.

I am grateful to Dave to stepping up and serving when I had to resign due to my inability to travel to the in-person board meetings.

I, and other local shooters, have been grateful to have had Area directors that we can talk to at a local match or drop an e-mail to. I know that I talked to you face to face about production/SS front pocket magazine make ready as well as the 5lb production trigger rule. I e-mailed back and forth with Dave about the revolver 8-shot minor change. If Lee wins I know I will be able to talk or e-mail him about any USPSA related issues.

5lb production trigger rule
The board unanimously voted for that as it made sense when then president Mike Voigt made his pitch.

It turns out we blew it and, fortunately, the board was more interested in correcting the mistake than digging in their heels.

The other time member feedback reversed the board's position was when we treated World Shoot team slots as "jobs to win for USPSA" rather than "Prizes to be earned by our top shooters". We sure got an earfull on that one, and changed to a "earned berth" system (not sure how it is done now).

Pestering an AD at matches works, which is why I expect to be voting for Lee - he is a shooter and gets out with the rest of us.

I was delighted to have the opportunity to sign Lee Canaba's candidacy petition (50 member signatures required to get on the ballot). I think he will make an excellent Area Director. The only thing is that if someone else also runs for the position, there are going to be job openings on his staff - muckraker, garbologist, spin doctor, yellow journalist, personal trainer and character assassin.

Which supplier came thru for you? I remember you have a new whiz-bang camera on back order from a few places.

I signed his paperwork as well, Lee would make a great Area Director!

Amazon.com came through with the camera, one of the other places said mid/late Oct and the other couldn't give any estimate at all...

[video]https://youtu.be/rXVu_zjfLlo[/video] [smile]

I've been asked a few things about this. No, my foot was not outside the fault line when I jumped. No, I didn't do well on this stage as I had FTE. Also, I don't think doing this flying dragon jump saved any time. I did it because I figured 99.99% of other shooters wouldn't do it. And it was just cool AF [rofl]

Last edited:
[video]https://youtu.be/rXVu_zjfLlo[/video] [smile]

I've been asked a few things about this. No, my foot was not outside the fault line when I jumped. No, I didn't do well on this stage as I had FTE. Also, I don't think doing this flying dragon jump saved any time. I did it because I figured 99.99% of other shooters wouldn't do it. And it was just cool AF [rofl]

As the last shooter on the last squad of the match, I was lucky to get down range, let alone get any speed up to do that stuff. Who am I kidding, when I was young, I couldn't do that shit. [smile]

But you shot at it 3 times. Where did the other land?

Good point, Sean. Kinda' brings it all back into perspective, don't it? [smile]

I figured he did it to make up for his mistakes and remind all of us old farts that we couldn't do it, even in our best days! [rofl]

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
:cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom