2017 Steel Challenge at Harvard Sportsmens Club

What a great day and great match! Thank you to Mike and all the guys that run this event.

I finally got the speed loader to work for the Ruger revolver.....after I got home. A little Dremel magic did the trick.

Nice to see father and daughter on squad three. She handled herself and the rifle with confidence. Nice job Dad.

How many juniors typically show up for these matches? I am thinking about building a 22/45 for one of my sons to shoot. He has been shooting trap with me for a while, but I don't shoot trap nearly as much as I used to.

How many juniors typically show up for these matches? I am thinking about building a 22/45 for one of my sons to shoot. He has been shooting trap with me for a while, but I don't shoot trap nearly as much as I used to.

Not sure about the number but there a few. It's a great way to introduce him into a different discipline. Very low key , plenty of folks to help . If he's been shooting trap safe gun handling shouldn't be an issue . As long as he follows the range commands and does things safely he and everyone will have a great time . Nothing better than needing able to shoot with you kid [emoji16]

How To Eliminate Your Competition

Sorry, Dave, but I can't make it this Saturday - I'll be in Danbury, CT celebrating my youngest granddaughter's first birthday with a ton of family.

Scooter and TheOtherDon won't have me to bother them 'til the next match . . . . . . [rofl]

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
:cool:

Last edited:
Sorry, Dave, but I can't make it this Saturday - I'll be in Danbury, CT celebrating my youngest granddaughter's first birthday with a ton of family.

Scooter and TheOtherDon won't have me to bother them 'til the next match . . . . . . [rofl]

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank

We can FaceTime during he match [emoji38]

Weather looks fine for Saturday, come on out for a fun day of steel shooting.

Good Fathers Day event, bring the son or daughter.

See you there.

The weather turned out to be excellent for shooting. Thanks to Dave, Mike, and all the folks at HSC SC for another fun match.

Thanks to all that came out and a HUGE thank you to all those that put in the extra and timed, knooked, setup and tore down.

And extra thanks to John H for coming out and setting up and not even getting to shoot !!

And to Super Trooper Mike E for coming out and trying to give us all his cold [smile]

Also, congrats the Scott T for high overall.

See you all next month.

Lots of fun for my first time at HSC. Looking forward to many more matches.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Weather looking good for this Saturdays SC match at HSC
6 stages and the food dude will be there also.
See you there.

Sorry, but periodontal surgery last Wednesday still has me all swollen up and on antibiotics and pain killing drugs. Don't need to have a loaded firearm in my hands. I'll just drink some bourbon and call it a day for this one. [crying]

But watch out, I'll be loaded for bear in August . . . . . [rofl]

It's a b*tch getting old.

Stay Safe my friends,
"Point Blank" Frank

Sorry, but periodontal surgery last Wednesday still has me all swollen up and on antibiotics and pain killing drugs. Don't need to have a loaded firearm in my hands. I'll just drink some bourbon and call it a day for this one. [crying]

Stay Safe my friends,
"Point Blank" Frank

Frank come and shoot , you'll probably do better [emoji13]

Stay Safe my friends,
"Point Blank" Frank

Frank you'll be all by yourself in August. Conflicts with IDPA NER and Walls of Steel means no August match. I hope to see you in September!

Back
Top Bottom