2017 Fishing/Ice Fishing Thread

That's outstanding! Congrats!

Added to my list of things to try one day!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Season opens in 9 days if you want to book a trip let me know. If we kill one it gets sold and you get 50% off the next trip...

Awesome beast. As I recall from the Hemingway story, Santiago had to strap his marlin to the side of his boat. At least you didn't lose it to the sharks.

Season opens in 9 days if you want to book a trip let me know. If we kill one it gets sold and you get 50% off the next trip...
I wish! This is taking most of my ready cash and free time these days. She's cute, but she is expensive.
3adaefa1c60770b1b2bb65d5d3f1ecb6.jpg

Here is a newbie question:

Does anybody eat the large mouth bass they catch in Massachusetts ponds or lakes? If not, why not?

I don't. For two reasons: First, I don't like the taste of freshwater fish except for trout (Based on my personal experience). Second, my local lake is heavy on the dioxin pollution and I don't want to poison myself.

I'll eat the living hell out of stripers, blues, fluke, and other saltwater fish, though.

Thanks for the reply. Are the pollution levels bad all over Mass or are there just certain areas to avoid?

Another way to ask is: Are there any non-polluted lakes or pond where a person would be safe eating the bass caught?

I have never tasted a large mouth bass. My friends from down South say they are a good eatin' fish. Maybe I will have to go to South Carolina or Georgia to find out.

Thanks for the reply. Are the pollution levels bad all over Mass or are there just certain areas to avoid?

Another way to ask is: Are there any non-polluted lakes or pond where a person would be safe eating the bass caught?

I have never tasted a large mouth bass. My friends from down South say they are a good eatin' fish. Maybe I will have to go to South Carolina or Georgia to find out.
Some, not all. The .gov keeps a list of the ones that are unsafe. Proximity to cities and industrial zoned areas (or historically industrial zoned areas) seems to be a good hint.

With LMB, the taste seems to depend on the season. Cold water= former flesh and tasty. Warm water = mushy and gross. Again, from my experience.

Put the hurting on the tog yesterday. Left the house at the crack of noon!

We also caught a fish one of us broke off earlier in the day, it had out hook in it. Third time I've seen this

41b6206afe6313af55ad53a7cc7105b9.jpg
26f4896f3c631358ffc69171fac67259.jpg
64628ff25e46131d84e6ec22c9f0c0b6.jpg
9afeb084da258cae9b4b8a626ab3a02d.jpg

Put the hurting on the tog yesterday. Left the house at the crack of noon!

We also caught a fish one of us broke off earlier in the day, it had out hook in it. Third time I've seen this

Nice going. That looks like a mill pond out there.

Back
Top Bottom