2017 Fishing/Ice Fishing Thread

Helped my dad on his haddock charter yesterday. Went about 12 miles off Gloucester and got plenty of Haddock and Redfish. Cod was plentiful too but sadly the .gov thinks they're near extinction so no cod can be kept...

sterday. Went about 12 miles off Gloucester and got plenty of Haddock and Redfish. Cod was plentiful too but sadly the .gov thinks they're near extinction so no cod can be kept...

Yea, pull them up from a hundred feet or so, don't know what's on the hook, rupture the swim bladder and both eyes and you have to toss them back. Gov sense eh? IT' S A DEAD FISH ON THE HOOK STUPID, AT LEAST LET ME EAT IT!

Yea, pull them up from a hundred feet or so, don't know what's on the hook, rupture the swim bladder and both eyes and you have to toss them back. Gov sense eh? IT' S A DEAD FISH ON THE HOOK STUPID, AT LEAST LET ME EAT IT!

Yeah luckily these cod all swam away but I can't say the same for the redfish....

Couple of fatties..............
FEA1920E-9688-4169-902B-BB0AC0232BF5.png
[/URL]

There seems to be a lot on that kayak. I see 5 poles at least 4 rod holders. I love how high that seat is too.

Mine only has 3 rod holders, but it's biggest fault is no cup holder.

There seems to be a lot on that kayak. I see 5 poles at least 4 rod holders. I love how high that seat is too.

Mine only has 3 rod holders, but it's biggest fault is no cup holder.

It's a process setting it up and breaking it down, haha. I'm adding a few more rod tubes. One for my net that will be on the back rail and tilted towards me for easy access. Also gonna add a 90* flush mount in the way back for my flag pole. It's a pita on windy days to grab a rod with the flags waving.

I took a hike to fish an isolated river. I walked about 3/4 of a mile under some power lines down a road of knee high grass. When I got to the river I went to set my gear down and noticed I ended up with hundreds of ticks on me (no exaggeration). I mean my legs were covered in the little bastards. I freaked out, ripped off my clothes and went in the water and started raking them off with my fingers.
I have never seen so many ticks in my life. Now I'm not going back through the tick field so I have to cross the river. climb up the poison ivy infested hills to get to a road. I called my wife to come get me, but I couldn't tell her exactly where I was going to hit the road. So she was driving up and down waiting for me. I got her pretty close to where I came out.
I needed to be checked behind me for any ticks I couldn't see and I had to get home to wash off any Poison Ivy oils since I have a bad reaction to that shit too. I got in the shower and she went to buy me some Poison Ivy oil remover stuff. I saw fish, but never got to cast in once. It's too bad I can never get there to fish. It looked very promising.

Good day today.
The smallie was a real chunker.

Attachments

• IMG_20170715_143335.jpg
    IMG_20170715_143335.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20170715_132931701.jpg
    IMG_20170715_132931701.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 32
Anyone been fishing the CC Canal this week?There have been hundreds of anglers out there in the mornings since Wed. Fishing reports indicate lots of bait with some good size bass moving around.

I went out to the East end past the old Joes Lobster Mart early this morning, and got a 10-12 LB blue fish on a Diawa SP Minnow in a mackerel pattern. Fellow next to me got a good size bass.

On the main land side directly across from the Old Joes there must have been 40-50 anglers. I saw quite a few fish landed, but too far away to tell if they were bass, or blues.

When I was in Tennessee recently everyone was giving me a hard time for not using a baitcasters, a few weeks ago I bought one and after lots of youtube videos and some practice I caught my first bass on a baitcaster behind my house. I guess you can teach an old new tricks. IMG_1399.jpg but I still can't post a picture.

When I was in Tennessee recently everyone was giving me a hard time for not using a baitcasters, a few weeks ago I bought one and after lots of youtube videos and some practice I caught my first bass on a baitcaster behind my house. I guess you can teach an old new tricks. View attachment 203190 but I still can't post a picture.

I got crap for not using a bait caster once too. I bought one and now I have a couple new spinning reels. F the baitcaster.

Finally got into a few decent fish..Saturday night out with friends we had 25 or so fish from 35-51# with most being in the 40-45# range. I finally got into the 50 club! 51# fish caught and released.
20248022_10211728931892893_353343654780524074_o.jpg20248490_10211742461711130_4222145734318033460_o.jpg
This was just another 45# schoolie we were hammering all night, eventually we were just unhooking them in the water, no need to bring em into the boat.
20248000_10211728931932894_7972800876038764413_o.jpg

Finally got into a few decent fish..Saturday night out with friends we had 25 or so fish from 35-51# with most being in the 40-45# range. I finally got into the 50 club! 51# fish caught and released.
View attachment 203525View attachment 203526
This was just another 45# schoolie we were hammering all night, eventually we were just unhooking them in the water, no need to bring em into the boat.
View attachment 203527

God damn! That is some seriously good fishing. Very jealous.

Back
Top Bottom