2016 Walls of Steel Matches

What a great match today. Thanks to Jim and especially all the ROs that work so hard to make everything go so smoothly.

- Cuz.

Just a big thanks to every group I had the pleasure of RO for. Everybody both new and old shot safe , set steel and picked up brass. Please plan on coming back again for all of our events.
Dave

My thanks go out too Jim, his crew and everyone else involved with hosting and holding the Walls of Steel Match. It is the best match that I attend every year. This year I was surprise I was able to hit anything, my sights being set low and right about 4 inches. I guess I should have checked them before the match instead of after.

Thanks Jim and crew, another "dang-it I have to aim" WoS, well at least for 2 stages.
192 targets and a lot of fun.

The final results for Walls of Steel with payouts have been posted.
Congrats to all the winners. The checks will be mailed out soon.

Thanks Jim, the match was a lot of fun. I have a question for those that participated in the "Walls" matches. There were 172 shooters in Stock Auto at this summers match. Would you rather come in 6th overall and win no money, or finish 66th and win $150?
For me, the answer is easy, I'd prefer 6th place and no money every time!
I am very glad Walls uses the Lewis Class payout method. It gives EVERYONE a chance to win a generous payout and keeps all skill levels coming back year after year. It is without a doubt one of my most fun matches every year.

-Cuz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuz,

So my thought on your question is as follows. I know I'm not going to win the match but if I happen to fall into a money spot then awesome.
When I started "Walls" I wanted to give everyone a chance to win some cash. It was my hope that by doing it this way it would bring the shooters back.

Now, would I rather come in 6th place and win nothing or 66th and win $150? My goal is to be the best competitor I can so I would take 6th all day long. Especially considering the level of shooters that compete in this match.

Just my 2 cents.

Jim

6th and no money every time. I think the payout structure helps draw a larger crowd - some folks might not shoot the match year over year if not for the lottery effect further down the brackets, and that would probably ultimately mean less money for those at the top of their divisions. And I may not be winning today, but someday I hope to.

If I shot matches based on how much money I could win I wouldn't shoot very much. I enjoy shooting and competing, even though I'm not competitive these days, and as long as I don't finish DFL I'm happy.

Back
Top Bottom