2016 Walls of Steel Matches

For those of you that may not yet know, the entry forms for Mini Walls and the main Walls of Steel matches have been posted at www.wallsofsteel.com. Entry forms are already coming in so don't delay. These matches will fill up.

2016 also marks the tenth Walls of Steel match and this year's match is already looking to be bigger and better then ever. We will have vendors, bigger and better stages and we're going all out on the side matches this year as well. Bring your shotguns, 22 pistols and 22 rifles. That's right, 22 rifles are going to be incorporated into the side match this year. I haven't worked out all of the details yet but when I do I'll let everyone know.

The 2016 match schedule for Wallum has also been posted on the website including our regular Sunday matches, two practical shotgun matches and two pro am type matches as well.

It's going to be a great year so come on down and shoot some steel.

Jim

Wow, looks like Wallum is going to be the "place to be" this year. Can't wait to start shooting outdoors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walls of steel last year was a great way to celebrate my 30th bday. I can't wait for this years season!

Are there different classes? I would love to try it out but have never done any competing.

They don't break out classes by skill level. For the regular Sunday morning matches you shoot against opponents picked more or less by random draw.

We all shot our first competition with no competition experience - don't let that slow you down. There is no friendlier bunch of shooters than the WoS crew.

You can use a mag well. You can use whatever you want as long as it has iron sights and no red dot and no compensating from my understanding.

Update!!!

Saturday and Sunday morning time slots are full!
There are a few spots open in the other time slots but they are filling up fast so get your forms in.
Don't forget, this is our tenth Walls of Steel match and it's going to be the biggest and best yet!

JIm

Interested in going to the Pro-Am on the Sunday July 31st. A guy at the station had mentioned it to me, this is my first shooting event ever. From what he said it sounds like I just show up sunday and sign up then? If I am wrong feel free to correct me. looking forward to going to this!

So, this year's Walls of Steel match is only three days away and we're super excited. We have 192 targets over six stages and you can see some of the stages on the Walls of Steel Facebook page.

This year we are also trying something new with the side matches. For shotgun we have five targets instead of three. Three poppers and two clay pigeon flippers. We gave it a test run today and it's a lot of fun so make sure you bring your shotgun and lots of ammo.

I'm really excited about the 22 side match this year. We will have thirty targets, that's right thirty, for the 22 side match. We are going to incorporate the 22 rifle this year for the side match as well. You can shoot solo or as a team. One shooter with a 22 handgun and one with a 22 rifle. This is going to be really cool and you won't want to miss out on the side matches this year. Oh, by the way, they will be held in our brand new pit that we had made just for the side matches. So, make sure you bring your 22's, handgun and rifles, and team yourself up with your favorite partner and win some money from that too!

See you there!!!

Man, you guys just keep getting better and better. Can't wait for Saturday morning to get here.

Good luck to everyone shooting today.

Good luck to everyone shooting today.

Unfortunately the only type of luck I had today was bad. I didn't sleep well last night and my ankle was throbbing pretty badly which made concentrating on the sites difficult. [frown] That's my excuse and I'm stickin to it!

Other than that, things were great. The weather was warm but nice. I had a great squad to shoot with and the staff did their usual bang-up job of getting everyone through the stages.

As always, a big thank you to Jim and the staff for their efforts. This is always one of my favorite matches of the season.

Back
Top Bottom