2016 NES Spring Trigger Break photo thread

Explain the whole "Lets all get together and shoot a car" thing.. I don't get it.

NES shoots are maybe 30% about the car, 30% about other people, and 40% about other peoples' guns.

You get to socialize, shoot the shit out of a car, try guns you don't own, shoot machine guns you definitely don't own, and shoot the shit with generally like minded people who don't give a **** about the fact that you just mag dumped into the side of a car and laughed about it gleefully.

Last edited:
Explain the whole "Lets all get together and shoot a car" thing.. I don't get it.

For me personally it was a chance to try a bunch of things I would otherwise never get to try like an M3 submachine gun, a P90, etc. And also meet some pretty cool folks.

Some kind of smartass comment about it being NH and allowing semi-auto firing, haha. I think someone shot your tannerite too right before I said it lol. I had the Spartan race t shirt on.

Yeah . I remember that I was gonna responded . I'm pretending to be British ....

Yeah I was ripped shit about that . I was waiting for the smoke to clear then right before I pulled the trigger I watched it explode .
Happen to me twice that day .

Yeah . I remember that I was gonna responded . I'm pretending to be British ....

Yeah I was ripped shit about that . I was waiting for the smoke to clear then right before I pulled the trigger I watched it explode .
Happen to me twice that day .

It happened to me too. The kids at the end would put tannerite up then shoot everyone else's. Think we might need a small revision to the tannerite rules if that shit happens again.

It happened to me too. The kids at the end would put tannerite up then shoot everyone else's. Think we might need a small revision to the tannerite rules if that shit happens again.

Thought the Rules say you only shoot your tannerite unless someone says otherwise.

More or less why I didn't try any tannerite. I was reluctant to put $$ down to have someone else end up shooting it. I'm usually "meh" about most stuff but that would've annoyed me.

More or less why I didn't try any tannerite. I was reluctant to put $$ down to have someone else end up shooting it. I'm usually "meh" about most stuff but that would've annoyed me.

I made sure to put it far away from every one else . In the past I've had one person set mine off from being too close Or fall off .
So I put it near the rear tire since everyone else put there's near the middle or front.

I made sure to put it far away from every one else . In the past I've had one person set mine off from being too close Or fall off .
So I put it near the rear tire since everyone else put there's near the middle or front.

You even spray painted the caravan to identify it, lol

The helium tanks were a no-go for the tannerite, right? Otherwise that could be cool. I thought I saw someone put some in/near the bumper which I also thought was a no go.

Thought the Rules say you only shoot your tannerite unless someone says otherwise.

That part of the rules was perhaps not clear enough to everyone shooting who may have had less respect for other people. I'm trying to figure out who they are based on the list bc I know they had a minor with them but I'm guessing they didn't declare the minor till the last minute.

The helium tanks were a no-go for the tannerite, right? Otherwise that could be cool. I thought I saw someone put some in/near the bumper which I also thought was a no go.

I put it u see the bumper behind the rear wheel the rso said it was cool .
The other time I taped it to the side and spray painted "I kill u"

A couple went in front of tanks. We ensured the immediate area was as rock free as possible first. #safetyfirst

A couple different times a BX container went in the headlight well. We pulled the bumper away though to ensure it didn't fly away in an uncontrolled manner.

The key was to create the lowest chance of uncontrolled debris as possible.

File that under common courtesy.

We can bring it up for the next shoot. It can be mentioned since common sense is sometimes not common.

The pumpkin shoot is so much more spread out. The BX containers are less concentrated in a small area.

I put it u see the bumper behind the rear wheel the rso said it was cool .
The other time I taped it to the side and spray painted "I kill u"

It was very cool [thumbsup]

23521214.jpg

I need to remember to bring some thing better then 556 for the pumpkins. Didn't always set it off .
Definitely have to have the container exposed if you're doing 556/223. But try to pack the pumpkin tight around it. I had a lot of luck layering busted pumpkins around the container. That allows way more of a blast to build up. I got some serious air from a scarecrow I put on top of one BX setup last year.

Another key is to tilt the container first so as much BX is up against the side you plan to strike. Sucks shooting a settled out container right at the top where the open 1/2 inch to 1 inch of headspace has formed, busting the container open and spilling it everywhere.

Definitely have to have the container exposed if you're doing 556/223. But try to pack the pumpkin tight around it. I had a lot of luck layering busted pumpkins around the container. That allows way more of a blast to build up. I got some serious air from a scarecrow I put on top of one BX setup last year.

Another key is to tilt the container first so as much BX is up against the side you plan to strike. Sucks shooting a settled out container right at the top where the open 1/2 inch to 1 inch of headspace has formed, busting the container open and spilling it everywhere.

Pumpkins and tannerite sounds like a messy good time

The key with pumpkins is to cut a window that allows you to shoot the tannerite directly without going through pumpkin flesh. 5.56 out of a 20" bbl is no problem and guaranteed to send pumpkin bits flying. The pumpkin shoot is by far my favorite. I will never forget MGNoob giving me a whole belt and simply vaporizing an entire stack of pumpkins. I just wish someone (cough) got it on video. That was EPIC.

NES shoots are maybe 30% about the car, 30% about other people, and 40% about other peoples' guns.

You get to socialize, shoot the shit out of a car, try guns you don't own, shoot machine guns you definitely don't own, and shoot the shit with generally like minded people who don't give a **** about the fact that you just mag dumped into the side of a car and laughed about it gleefully.

For me personally it was a chance to try a bunch of things I would otherwise never get to try like an M3 submachine gun, a P90, etc. And also meet some pretty cool folks.

The car is the least of the shoot. I've met alot folks there. Plus I get to shoot a boat load of guns I have yet to own.

All this! But wait there's more. Along with all this fun some of the proceeds go to one of the local gun rights advocate groups that NES supports actively and passionately. I believe this shoot it was Comm2A in MA.

Thanks for asking.

The key with pumpkins is to cut a window that allows you to shoot the tannerite directly without going through pumpkin flesh. 5.56 out of a 20" bbl is no problem and guaranteed to send pumpkin bits flying. The pumpkin shoot is by far my favorite. I will never forget MGNoob giving me a whole belt and simply vaporizing an entire stack of pumpkins. I just wish someone (cough) got it on video. That was EPIC.

You wouldn't be referring to me, oh favorite perfect husband, now would you?

That part of the rules was perhaps not clear enough to everyone shooting who may have had less respect for other people. I'm trying to figure out who they are based on the list bc I know they had a minor with them but I'm guessing they didn't declare the minor till the last minute.

S²D² - The same happened to me and my two half-pounders at the pumpkin shoot. Shit grinning a$$holes shooting my charges while I was trying to insert a mag into the AK.....and I know who they are.

Back
Top Bottom