• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2016 Cape Cod Get Together to Benefit GOAL & Comm2A

Found out this afternoon that 2 of my best friends' engagement party is the night of 11/5. I'll be at the pumpkin shoot during the day, there @ night.

If it ends up being the 12th, I'll be in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are going to change the date I am fine with that, but please do it soon so those of us who have already committed to the 5th, can rearrange or change our plans.

Thanks Dean

Last edited:
So! I think we change the date.... co-organizers, what do you say?

I'm good with either. It seems like the 12th may be the way to go. Let's make a final determination by tomorrow (10/13) night and post a follow-up?

We are just waiting to hear back from the BBC regarding the 12th. We should have an answer by Saturday! I will be messaging Jon Green from GOAL once we are definite! I'm hoping he will be able to attend!

We are just waiting to hear back from the BBC regarding the 12th. We should have an answer by Saturday! I will be messaging Jon Green from GOAL once we are definite! I'm hoping he will be able to attend!

We should also reach out to Comm2A, though I am not sure of specific people. Any help fellow NES'ers?

We should also reach out to Comm2A, though I am not sure of specific people. Any help fellow NES'ers?

When you get the final date/info, send it to me by EMAIL (you took my PPIH class so you have my Email address) not PM and I'll forward your invite to the 3 principals of Comm2A directly.

I have reached out to Brent (aka Knuckle Dragger) at Comm2a when we first set the date. I.Will reach out to him again once we get the thumbs up from the BBC. It is likely that Jon Green will not be available on the 12th.

Some planning occurred today! A few small details to be figured out, but this is going to be good!! Stay tuned. The OP will be updated with the updates in the next day or so. Make sure you are planning to be in Sandwich on November 12th!

wrt raffles, IIRC you need to get a license and everyone has to be CORI'd that is involved in running it, plus pay a significant tax to the state. Check with GOAL on this as they have run them in the past.

The Historical Society I'm on the BOD of looked into this last year and it is ugly to do it right. IIRC you can do "drawings" without all that overhead, but check that out.

The following FAQ off a MA town website may give a clue as to what is involved.

http://www.hadleyma.org/pages/HadleyMA_Clerk/RaffleDocs/rafflefaq.pdf

Back
Top Bottom