• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2016 campaign volunteer?

Chris M.

NES Member
Has anyone done any campaign volunteering? I'm thinking I'd like to give it a try but can only offer some limited free time. Like fundraising, surveying, etc. What was your experience - at any level or issue? The Gop has a registration link but I was wondering if it's better to contact a regional office directly instead.

Has anyone done any campaign volunteering? I'm thinking I'd like to give it a try but can only offer some limited free time. Like fundraising, surveying, etc. What was your experience - at any level or issue? The Gop has a registration link but I was wondering if it's better to contact a regional office directly instead.

If you have a talent for lying this would be a fun gig

The two biggest things they generally need/want is 'door knockers' who go door to door to hand out campain material, and encurage you to vote (also for signature gathering but that should be done at this point). The other big need is normaly cold calling people to tell them about the politican and/or to get out to vote. Both generaly hated jobs (but again, not as bad as standing in front of a shaws trying to collect signatures to get someone on the ballot in the first place)

Support a candidate that you like, the parties are starting to look a lot like one another and this is sad...

Heck in NH, we even have our "republican" US Senator (Ayotte) pushing gun control... (No fly list, no firearms)

Back
Top Bottom