2015 USPSA at Hopkinton Sportsmans

The Hopkinton Heavy Hitters are pleased to announce our USPSA match schedule for 2015. We have decided to make our match schedule based on dates that give our core staff maximum attendance rather than the traditional same weekend every month. We understand that this can make it a little harder to keep the dates straight but in these days of online calendars and smartphones we think everyone will be able to handle it. We also, as always, tried to steer clear of other club's dates and other shooting sports but there's only so much we can do in that regard.

We know some other clubs have had some trouble this past year, if anyone needs to get their stage design/setup fix and is looking for a new home please let me know...we're always interested in adding quality new members to the team!

What? USPSA Matches

When? (these dates have been updated since I initially posted on uspsa-ne.org so please verify you've booked the right ones if you have your own schedule)
April 18th
May 2nd
June 13th
July None, Go to the Area 7 match instead
Aug 1st
Sept 19th
Oct 17th

Where? Hopkinton Sportsmans Association, 95 Lumber Street Hopkinton MA

How Much? $20 match fee

What Time? registration opens around 8am and we try to have people shooting at 9am. It's an early start in the hopes that we have a smooth match and get people out early to do their yard work or shovel snow or paint their house or whatever.

Anything Else?? Sure. Matches will be 5-6 stages and 125+ rounds on average and include at least one classifier stage.

USPSA membership not required but is recommended. New shooters and spectators always welcome, just bring your eyes and ears. Don't know what the hell I'm talking about but you're intrigued? PM me and I'll let you know what you need to bring along and then show up on game day and we'll pair you up with an experienced shooter who will get you through the day, easy as that. If you can safely handle your firearm then you can shoot USPSA!

See you on the range,
Peter

As of this afternoon, the ranges are still covered in 6-12" of snow. Let's hope for lots of warm sunny days over the next few weeks, just so we can play in the mud

We MAY have to forego the April match unless we get lots of dry warm days.

Next Wednesday's steel match WILL go on no matter what the weather is. [smile]

We MAY have to forego the April match unless we get lots of dry warm days.
Last minute weather/mud cancellation of Harvard's April match is an annual tradition.

But, if the match gets cancelled, there is always the flamethrower fest at another club covered in a different thread (too tired to look it up now) on April 18.

This is a tough spring for all of the clubs. With so much snow still on the ground it is really difficult to predict range conditions.

Hopkinton snow melt update

How's the club looking? Any chance of a match on the 18th?

Right now in looking at 2-4" left on the ground in the first 3 smaller bays. Bay 4 has 6" or more where the side berms provide shade. Bay 5 has some bare ground, some 2-3" . The parking area is a mess... Snow piles and mud.

Probably not realistic to move the flamethrower fest to Hopkinton, clear snow in the AM, and use newly dried ground in the afternoon.

Hopkinton snow melt update

The snow on the ground in the pits 3, 4, 5, is all gone. [grin]

A sparse 1" layer on the grass in the first 2 pits remains. Also a pile the size of about 4 car spots is still in the parking area, but its not very deep, a pickup can drive over it

At this point, its looking good for our first natch of the season

The snow on the ground in the pits 3, 4, 5, is all gone. [grin]

A sparse 1" layer on the grass in the first 2 pits remains. Also a pile the size of about 4 car spots is still in the parking area, but its not very deep, a pickup can drive over it

At this point, its looking good for our first natch of the season

love me that first natch [smile]

The Hopkinton Heavy Hitters are pleased to announce our USPSA match schedule for 2015. We have decided to make our match schedule based on dates that give our core staff maximum attendance rather than the traditional same weekend every month. We understand that this can make it a little harder to keep the dates straight but in these days of online calendars and smartphones we think everyone will be able to handle it. We also, as always, tried to steer clear of other club's dates and other shooting sports but there's only so much we can do in that regard.

We know some other clubs have had some trouble this past year, if anyone needs to get their stage design/setup fix and is looking for a new home please let me know...we're always interested in adding quality new members to the team!

What? USPSA Matches

When? (these dates have been updated since I initially posted on uspsa-ne.org so please verify you've booked the right ones if you have your own schedule)
April 18th
May 2nd
June 13th
July None, Go to the Area 7 match instead
Aug 1st
Sept 19th
Oct 17th

Where? Hopkinton Sportsmans Association, 95 Lumber Street Hopkinton MA

How Much? $20 match fee

What Time? registration opens around 8am and we try to have people shooting at 9am. It's an early start in the hopes that we have a smooth match and get people out early to do their yard work or shovel snow or paint their house or whatever.

Anything Else?? Sure. Matches will be 5-6 stages and 125+ rounds on average and include at least one classifier stage.

USPSA membership not required but is recommended. New shooters and spectators always welcome, just bring your eyes and ears. Don't know what the hell I'm talking about but you're intrigued? PM me and I'll let you know what you need to bring along and then show up on game day and we'll pair you up with an experienced shooter who will get you through the day, easy as that. If you can safely handle your firearm then you can shoot USPSA!

See you on the range,
Peter

Any idea when the matches finish? I work Sat pm.

Back
Top Bottom