2015 New England Regional IDPA Championship Match Book

I had a great time Sunday in squad 27. I got to shoot with some master class talent - Mark Redl and Tom Yost and thoroughly enjoyed watching them tear up the stages.

I'll share with everyone a funny story that came towards the end of the day that had just about everyone roaring as we were changing stages...

Bob - our stage "Mom" (and I'm sorry I do not remember his last name) is one of these instantly likeable, loud, crude, and has this "always in the news kind" of personality - was also our team captain. This generally meant he collected our score sheets and arranged the shooting order. Throughout the day there was a lot of banter about the usual things that guys talk about (which I will not repeat here) and one of the favorites subjects was teasing Bob about his vertically challenged frame.

Well during one of the stage bay shifts, Bob goes into a rant about how much he is being tortured on his short stature. "Why are you guys always picking on my height?", blah blah blah "you guys are ridiculous" blah blah blah. He was very loud, and there was a lot of people in the vicinity since the outgoing squad had just finished up while we were moving in. It had to be at least a full minute rant - and probably mostly in jest. Just as he finishes there is finally silence, and one of the guys says:

"Well Bob, if you are going to complain, the least you can do is stand up."

funniest thing I've heard in a long time.

Back
Top Bottom