2015 MA Turkey Season

ccm75

NES Member
Day 1 is five days away.

Who's getting ready and getting out?
I've seen a lot of Toms around and I think they will soon be kicking the mating season into high gear.
I hope to get both my teenage sons on a bird this year.

I am, my 13 year old took his hunter safety course this year, and we will be ready to go. Hopefully the turkeys will be in the woods instead of everyones backyards.

Planning a trip sometime next week. The monadock shoot is taking my weekend this time around

This will be my first time trying for turkey in Mass. Any suggestions are welcome....

Last edited:
Arrived at the blind this morning at 4:45AM on private un-posted land and found the front ripped open and my chairs gone. Only there 1 week but the 4 wheelers got it! Heard 1 gobbler of the other side of the river and a shot. Back on Saturday.

What's the round limit / mag capacity limit while hunting turkey.

I bought my license online and didn't get a green sticker. What is it? Where do you get it? What purpose does it serve?

You put it on your gun, usually the tang, where you can see it. It's supposed to remind you to look for other hunters who are camouflaged.

Last edited:
I bought my license online and didn't get a green sticker. What is it? Where do you get it? What purpose does it serve?

You can get it from the local DFW office. Either pick it up in person or send them a self addressed envelope and a note telling them you want some stickers and they will send you some.

As Damien said it goes on the tang and is supposed to be visible when you are sighting down the barrel.

If you don't have the sticker and encounter an EPO you will likely get a ticket.

I probably have a couple down stairs. If you want I can drop one in the mail this morning. Drop me a PM if you want.

Bob

Chaser001: Yes, It is a band...I had it checked at Bass Pro...they still do the old school bands for turkey...but didn't for the 2014 deer check...

is everyone using blinds. Has anyone stalked for turkey?

I saw 1 jackass try a couple years ago. I had a Tom about 75 yards out, I was calling and working him in when this guys comes up a hill into my field and gets busted by the hens not 10 yards from where he popped up; every bird immediately flew off.

My brother actually had someone shoot his jake decoy because he "heard it"

Stalking Spring Turkey is a bad idea. Do yourself a favor, scout them the night before and figure out where they fly up; then be in place and ready for them to fly down at first light.

My first bird!

950DB877-4FD7-4D51-99B8-28774960A74B.jpg

Back
Top Bottom