• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2015 family deer count

one-eyed Jack

Manufacturer
Between Little Jack, his dad and my other two sons, the count is 10, with Little Jack having tipped over 3 of them. They hunted NH, Maine and Mass. One-eye here took the season off. Having hit the 80 mark this year and after about 60 years of stomping around in the bushes, briars and bogs, I needed a break. This year my backstraps will be wrapped, frozen and delivered. They will become very rare little steaks smothered in onions. However, If I'm still warm to the touch come next season, I'll be ready. Jack.

That will put a little meat in the freezer !!

Well done for sure, but passing on the tradition to two more generations, that sir.. is priceless. Well done Jack. You taught them right.

Good job! Id love to go hunting sometime but I admit I have no need for the animal after the fact so Ive never bothered.. Would never waste a animal.

I scored 1 - 4 point buck and 1 6x6 800lb Moose, my uncle scored a decent doe and that was it for our crew. Pretty dry year for us, usually we tag 4-5 in the family.

Zero, although I tried like hell on the way home from work Christmas Eve.
I was doing about 50 mph on Rt.1 at about 5:30 PM, I noticed the a car coming northbound step on the brakes hard as his headlights noticeably dipped. I started to look left and brake, coming up on my 8 O'Clock this big old buck slams into the left front corner of my truck rolling up onto the windshield and over the roof clearing the bed of my truck. I pull over and run down the embankment into the swamp, going along the existing deer trail, flashlight in hand. I went in about 100 feet, nothing. I don't see how he survived. Probably ran deep into the swamp and collapsed and the Coyote's got'em. I see deer on my commute regularly but this was my first "Deer Strike".

Attachments

• Deer Windshield.jpg
    Deer Windshield.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 21
I seen 3 total all season in NH and none in mass... 1 huge bodied 8 pointer that I missed early bow season in NH. Misjudged my distance. 2nd day ever bow hunting. Made up for it 3rd day out and stuck a coyote. 2nd one was about 100 yds out with the muzzleloader. No scope couldn't identify buck or doe and the 3rd during riffle seen a large body through the thick brush but no chance at a shot. Had a small window but couldn't get it in my scope fast enough. Wasn't even ready as I thought it was another hunter because it was making so much noise...

800 lb moose is a pretty dry year? Most of us would give our left you-know-what for that. Congrats. Jack.

Thanks! The moose was definitely good, it's actually our 5th one in about 20 years. My dad has gotten 4 permits, I've gotten 1 and we've always tagged out. We had a rough year for deer though, didn't see too many.

40 years of hunting I've kept the rack of every deer I've ever shot. I also shot that mirror off my truck in the pic to the left. Scared the shit out of me and the deer lived.

Glad to hear your family had a good year, I did not, never saw a buck in two straight weeks of hunting.

e6ec9a5f34a6f7ce29626c1963baa5ca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom