2014 USPSA Area 7 Championship - Registration open

After much hard work (many hours and calls) looking for a venue in the Northeast to host the 2014 Area 7 Championship, and consulting with some key folks in the Area, I'm happy to announce the 2014 USPSA Area 7 Championship will be hosted by The Rod & Gun Club of New Bedford in Dartmouth, MA (USPSA club NE20; website: www.rodgun-nb.org).

The ranges at New Bedford will be setup to host 8 separate pits, plus chrono.

Staff date: Sept 5 (Friday)
Match dates: Sept 6 & 7 (Sat & Sun)

On-Line registration and squadding are being setup and should be available by next week (week of Feb 17). Final stage count, match fee and other details will be posted at that time.

Anyone interested in being part of the match staff should contact me directly at: [email protected]

Last edited:
Congrats Dave. I'm looking forward to a little NB sunshine. With a little luck you won't have to use a snow blower.

Now can you get a nationals out here split btwn Harvard and new Bedford?
That would be super convienent. Awesome news dave.

Given the MA gun laws, I can be certain that is not going to happen.

The requirement that a non-resident have a license from a state, district or territory that does not issue licenses to drug users or felons to be covered by the exemption, plus the requirement that a person covered by the no-license exemption must be a resident of the US, will deep-six any possibility of a nationals in MA.

I was contacted about this 15 or 20 years ago when Harvard was being considered as a nationals site.

Although there are many who contribute alot, it would be hard to find anyone who has made as massive a contribution, and difference, to the New England sport shooting scene over the years. Thanks Dave. Hopefully
I can find my gun, and bum some brass off Timmy.

We have had two world championships on the east coast, one in VA and one in FL that should have been held in MA, but no nationals. Perhaps Frank Garcia will host a national match in FL one day.

To all those that have ever complained here or anywhere else about officiating at a match, how chrono is run, how stages are set up, Now is the time to volunteer to work the match so you can make it the best match it can be.

To all those that have ever complained here or anywhere else about officiating at a match, how chrono is run, how stages are set up, Now is the time to volunteer to work the match so you can make it the best match it can be.

I don't do too much complaining, but I will be working this one

Working matches makes one realize just how hard it is to run a match, which generally reduces the level of complaints even at matches where one isn't working.

Back
Top Bottom