• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2014 Schedule - Metro West Tactical IDPA Group - Harvard Sportsmen's Club

Registration starts at 9:00 am; shooter's meeting at 9:45 am; first shots at 10:00 am. Six stages (bring a flashlight in the event of a low-light, no-light stage). Round count varies, usually around 100 or so - bring 150 in the event of re-shoots/make-up shots needed.

Match fee is $20 for all - juniors accompanied by a parent or legal guardian shoot for free.

Sat., January 25, 2014 - Tier I Match - "Nor'Easter"
Sat., March, 22, 2014 - Tier I Match - "Season Opener"
Sat., April 26, 2014 - Tier I Match
Sat., May 17, 2014 - CLASSIFIER MATCH
Sat., May 24, 2014 - Tier I Match
Sat., June 28, 2014 - Tier I Match
Sun., June 29, 2014 - 5th Annual John Kelly Memorial Multi-Discipline Memorial Match
Sat., July 26, 2014 - Tier I Match
Sat.-Sun., August 16-17, 2014 - Tier III Match - "New England Regional Championship"
Sat., September 27, 2014 - Tier I Match
Sat., October 25, 2014 - Tier I Match "Friends of Revolver" (pistols welcome!)
Sun., October 26, 2014 - Back-Up Gun (BUG) Match
Fri., November 28, 2014 - Tier I Match - "8th Annual Cold Turkey"

Last edited:
I am unclassified new IDPA shooter/member (took intro course and competed in 2 matches). I see that your event this Sat. is a Classifier. I am planning on attending and just wanted to confirm that I can get classified at this event?
Thanks,
Rockyboy2010

Rockyboy,

The match on the 28th at Harvard is not a classifier, it's a Tier 1 match. I think the next local classifier is going to be at Pioneer Sportsman's Club in Dunbarton NH on the 19th of July.

You should come out to the match anyway!

David

Thanks for the info David, I am planning on going on the 28th anyway, good practice for classifier I guess.
Thanks again,
Gene (Rockyboy2010)

What's a Tier 1 match? I've never done idpa but want to start. Is this an ok match to start at. I'm not a new shooter and have a lot of firearms training. I just have never done competitions. Thanks.

Penciling in Sept. 27th to try IDPA for the first time. I have no competitive shooting experience so this should be a great learning experience and hopefully alot of fun![smile]

Also hoping someone can show me around HSC, as I'm hoping to possibly join the club.

ProGun,

I'm not a member at Harvard, but I've been shooting the IDPA matches there for a little over a year. Look for me this Saturday. I'll be the guy with the Hawaii shirt and the GoPro on my head!

David

ProGun,

I'm not a member at Harvard, but I've been shooting the IDPA matches there for a little over a year. Look for me this Saturday. I'll be the guy with the Hawaii shirt and the GoPro on my head!

David

I wasn't able to make it today (messed up my shoulder this week), so I'm going to have to make the next one. Appreciate the message, I'll PM you before the next one. Thanks!

Hi,
I'm new to IDPA, and I was thinking of going to the Tier 1 match on the 28th. Would I be able to shoot or just watch? I am unclassified. I wouldn't mind if my scores don't count but I would like the experience. If you're not classified do they just throw you in with the big boys?
Thanks,
Dan C

You can shoot. You will be listed as unclassified and your scores will show up like anyone else's. Be sure to tell your squad's safety officer that you are new. Go slow, listen to the range commands, and be safe.

Also read the rule book.

Back
Top Bottom