2014 S&W IDPA indoor nationals

Good luck! I'll be practicing my offhand at 200yds tomorrow. I was hoping someone would check in here about it!

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

LOL, no I'll be practicing with my AR, though I will be shooting through a window, cover is not required in this instance. ;-)

Shouldn't you be in bed getting a good night's sleep for tomorrow? What time do you start shooting?

shot my match on thursday. just remember the boat moves faster then you think, check to make sure you can get to your mags while sitting in a wheelchair, just because it is low light does not mean you need a flash light. but do have 1 for later, and prepare to vogue.

i went into this knowing there would be a jr steel challenge shooter from my club there.... and knowing he would be faster then me... damn youth. however he shot and posted a great time/score and had me beat by about 90s or so for a final tally. 14 stages of fun, is a just for fun stage as it ends with a disappearing target and can not be counted because of it. overall a great match.

Shouldn't you be in bed getting a good night's sleep for tomorrow? What time do you start shooting?

7am safety. 8am 1st shot.
I hope I do better than in did at the New England Regional last summer.
Bottom of the pile.
I come for the fun, meeting great shooters and beating MY last score.

I'll post tomorrow about my day.
With any luck, I'll bump up to expert.

Thanks, Mike

DQ'd on my 1st string. I didn't even make it to the second part of the stage. According to the SO, my left hand was swept by my handgun in my strong hand. I don't know how this is possible, as I didn't even push the door open yet. After that, everybody else opened the door with their pistol, not their hand.
Oh well, at least it was my first stage and not my last.
Heading home.

DQ'd on my 1st string. I didn't even make it to the second part of the stage. According to the SO, my left hand was swept by my handgun in my strong hand. I don't know how this is possible, as I didn't even push the door open yet. After that, everybody else opened the door with their pistol, not their hand.
Heading home.

That sucks. Very expensive string :(

Heading home.

Mike, that sucks, I heard from a friend of mine who shot friday that someone got DQ for same thing in his squad. not sure which stage it was for you, likely 4 or 5, maybe.

Guy in my group as koma said it was stage 4 but it was our 12th stage. Needles to say he wasn't too happy. think there were about 12 cover PE's on those
two stages 4&5 in our group big toe in doorway. oh well it was a good shoot sorry not so much for you Mike

This is why I passed on stage 13. We were told it was not going to count but could shoot it for fun but if you DQ you would be DQ for the match. Stage 13 had a door with a muzzle safe line on the door and that's just another door with a chance for a DQ, IMO.

It still was a great shoot, and hate to see anyone get DQ like that mike.

that sucks... makes my gripe with the cso on stage 3 (real stage 3) seem small... told him 2x before the buzzer 1 take small steps back while shooting and retreating and still got a procedural as he said i stopped every time i shot... for the 6 shots... was only1 procedural and not 6 so i didn't press the issue.

and i'm another the skipped 13... 6+7 were my last stages.. 1st of my group to shoot from the wheelchair. long day of shooting, sitting and going after 9 targets 1 being a very delayed drop turn and only seeing it once on the walk through.... my head hurt but i didn't miss any of the targets =)

2014 Preliminary results show 7 DQ's ---- 95 scores not up yet.
I'd wager that all were on the stages with the doors that had an orange line 2/3 from the bottom of the door for muzzle direction. Stage 4 -5

I shall return. "General Douglas MacArthur"

Great job by entire team at the match today. I thought the staff was generally VERY cordial and helpful. We were actually told to be very careful of sweeping ourselves on the stages with the doors. The stages for the most part were very good and challenging. I should not pay attention to the haters on other forums... it was a good time and a well run match. Very tired now....

Great job by entire team at the match today. I thought the staff was generally VERY cordial and helpful. We were actually told to be very careful of sweeping ourselves on the stages with the doors. The stages for the most part were very good and challenging. I should not pay attention to the haters on other forums... it was a good time and a well run match. Very tired now....

I don't know what other forums you're talking about? I didn't see much of the staff except for one tstage.
I was just pointing out the events that happened to me today. I do not recall mentioning hating anyone.

I don't know what other forums you're talking about? I didn't see much of the staff except for one tstage.
I was just pointing out the events that happened to me today. I do not recall mentioning hating anyone.

Mike- I didn't intent to imply you were complaining or hating anyone. Others will know what I mean.

Mike- I didn't intent to imply you were complaining or hating anyone. Others will know what I mean.

Mike,
Everyone that was DQ'd on that stage was for sweeping their arm/hand.
I confirmed what I saw with at least one other SO if there was a violation, no one went home on a maybe.
I took no joy in sending you, Joe or anyone else home.
We called cover consistently on this stage the entire week I promise that.
Even for NPD, whoever that was....
Chris

I was briefly on Bay 2 before being reassigned to another bay to help, the first shooter on Friday in the first squad 100% swept his arm when opening the door.

Back
Top Bottom