2014 Pistol Competition Calendar - UPDATE

The 2014 Pistol Competition Calendar can be found at the following location:

http://www.icalx.com/html/wmccurdy/month.php?cal=Pistol+Competition

You may view the calendar online at that address or you may either download or subscribe to it. The basic difference between download and subscribe is that when you download the calendar you get the current version with no future changes, but if you subscribe to the calendar you will get future changes automatically.

Just look for the "Subscribe | Download" links in the "Legend" box below the default calendar display.
There is even a link provided to import it to Google Calendar.

As always, please let me know about future pistol competitions that are not yet on the calendar.

Enjoy,
Bill McCurdy

UPDATE:

The location has changed. Apparently the original site is no longer functional.
I believe the rest of the instructions for subscribing/downloading remain valid.
If there are any problems, please let me know.

Last edited:
The 2014 Pistol Competition Calendar can be found at the following location:

http://public.ical-mac.com/wmccurdy53/

You may view the calendar online at that address or you may either download or subscribe to it. The basic difference between download and subscribe is that when you download the calendar you get the current version with no future changes, but if you subscribe to the calendar you will get future changes automatically.

Just look for the "Subscribe | Download" links in the "Legend" box below the default calendar display.
There is even a link provided to import it to Google Calendar.

As always, please let me know about future pistol competitions that are not yet on the calendar.

Enjoy,
Bill McCurdy

If you see a match you may like to shoot, how do you get more info on it?

Clicking on the event link does not bring you to any extra info on the event. Are we doing something wrong?

Thanks again, Bill. You have Hopkinton listed for a steel match every Wed. I think that is a mistake.

"Worcester" is the correct spelling.

Thanks for doing this. I was just searching the web the other day trying to figure out where I got last year's schedule from. It is great to import into Outlook as a separate calendar.

Clicking on the event link does not bring you to any extra info on the event. Are we doing something wrong?

No, you only get complete event details by downloading or subscribing. I wish it wasn't so, but I don't control the site.

"Worcester" is the correct spelling.

Thanks for doing this. I was just searching the web the other day trying to figure out where I got last year's schedule from. It is great to import into Outlook as a separate calendar.

Fixed it.

IDPA Practice@Dunbarton, NH

Hi Bill, My name is Jon Wolfe and I have recently filled the position of IDPA Discipline Chair, for Pioneer Sportsmen, Inc. in Dunbarton, NH. I am continuing with the momentum Ken Lambert started with his extremely successful IDPA Season last year and I would like to add some dates to the Pistol Competition Calendar, that you so graciously provide.

Pioneer IDPA will be conducting IDPA Winter Practice Sessions during the months of Jan, Feb, Mar, & Apr on the 2nd Mon. of each Month from 6pm to 9pm, on the following dates:
  • Jan 13th
  • Feb 10th
  • Mar 10th
  • Apr 7th
These practice sessions are open to all interested shooters.

During the regular shooting season, beginning in April, we will be hosting New Shooter Practice Sessions on the Wed. before our Saturday monthly club match, beginning at 3pm till dusk:
  • Apr 16th
  • May 14th
  • Jun 18th
  • Jul 16th
  • Aug 20th
  • Sep 17th
Could you please add these dates to your calendar? Of course all of Pioneer Sportsmen, Inc. activities can be found on our club calendar HERE!

[mg] THIS IS GOING TO BE A GREAT 2014 IDPA SEASON!!!
COME JOIN THE PARTY!!!
[party]

Jonathan Wolfe - IDPA Chair/Director
Pioneer Sportsmen, Inc.
[email protected]
603-568-5356 Cell

Last edited:
Hi Bill, My name is Jon Wolfe and I have recently filled the position of IDPA Discipline Chair, for Pioneer Sportsmen, Inc. in Dunbarton, NH. I am continuing with the momentum Ken Lambert started with his extremely successful IDPA Season last year and I would like to add some dates to the Pistol Competition Calendar, that you so graciously provide.

Pioneer IDPA will be conducting IDPA Winter Practice Sessions during the months of Jan, Feb, Mar, & Apr on the 2nd Mon. of each Month from 6pm to 9pm, on the following dates:
  • Jan 13th
  • Feb 10th
  • Mar 10th
  • Apr 7th
These practice sessions are open to all interested shooters.

Additionally, we will be holding IDPA Safety Officer Winter Practice Sessions, also from 6pm to 9pm, on the following dates:
  • Jan 27th
  • Feb 3rd
    [*]Feb 14th
  • Feb 24th
  • Mar 24th
As the name implies, the Safety Officer Practices are limited to IDPA SO's and ASO's.

Finally, during the regular shooting season, beginning in April, we will be hosting New Shooter Practice Sessions on the Wed. before our Saturday monthly club match, beginning at 3pm till dusk:
  • Apr 16th
  • May 14th
  • Jun 18th
  • Jul 16th
  • Aug 20th
  • Sep 17th
Could you please add these dates to your calendar? Of course all of Pioneer Sportsmen, Inc. activities can be found on our club calendar HERE!

[mg] THIS IS GOING TO BE A GREAT 2014 IDPA SEASON!!!
COME JOIN THE PARTY!!!
[party]

Jonathan Wolfe - IDPA Chair/Director
Pioneer Sportsmen, Inc.
[email protected]
603-568-5356 Cell

Done.

Is the Feb 14 Date Correct for SO Practice? That's a Friday. To be consistent with the other dates ( all Mondays ) I thought it should be either the 10th or the 17th.

I've got them listed on the calendar as you gave them to me, just thought that this one looked odd.

Thanks Bill, Friday the 14th is a good date. There was a conflict with the 10th & 17th and we wanted to get in one more practice before Winter Nats. [smile]

OK, here goes.

Log onto Google calendar
Click on the arrow to the right of "Other calendars"
Select "Add by URL"
Paste "http://public.ical-mac.com/wmccurdy53/calendars/Pistol%20Competition.ics" in the dialog box that appears
Select "ADD Calendar"

2014 Pioneer Sportsmen Steel Challenge Match Dates (Dunbarton, NH)

Good Morning Bill,

Could you add the following Pioneer Sportsmen Steel Challenge Match Dates:

• May 3rd
  • June 7th
  • August 2nd
  • September 6th
  • October 4th
  • November 1st
Thank you for maintaining this valuable service!

Jonathan Wolfe - IDPA Chair & BOD
Pioneer Sportsmen, Inc.
[email protected]
603-568-5356

Can We add the following to the Calendar?

IDPA Practice at Woburn Sportsman's Association Every 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month from 4pm to 7pm.
To participate you will need:

-centerfire pistol or revolver (9mm or 38 special minimum)
-a holster that covers the trigger gauge. The holster may be inside or outside the waist band.
-at least three magazines or speed loaders, preferably 4.
-150 rounds of ammunition
-a concealment garment.
-eye and ear protection.

- a good attitude.

The cost will be $5 to participate. This event will reoccur on the 2 and 4th Sunday of every month and is open to the public.

See you on the range

Can We add the following to the Calendar?

IDPA Practice at Woburn Sportsman's Association Every 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month from 4pm to 7pm.
To participate you will need:

-centerfire pistol or revolver (9mm or 38 special minimum)
-a holster that covers the trigger gauge. The holster may be inside or outside the waist band.
-at least three magazines or speed loaders, preferably 4.
-150 rounds of ammunition
-a concealment garment.
-eye and ear protection.

- a good attitude.

The cost will be $5 to participate. This event will reoccur on the 2 and 4th Sunday of every month and is open to the public.

See you on the range

Sure.

Is this a year round event or are there start and end dates?

thank you for adding the IDPA Practice in Bedford every 2nd and 4th sunday from 4pm till 7pm.... the name of the club is Woburn Sportsman Association (WSA) it is located in Bedford Ma but I fear that people will mistake the name of the club. is it possible to change it to Woburn Sportsman Association? Thanks in advance.

Hey Bill - MVGC is doing action pistol on the 2nd Friday night of the month from October through May. This is a change from previous years when action was on the 4th Friday. Start time is 6:30, we finish when we finish. (Usually 9:30 or 10:00.)

4th Friday will now vary depending on what people want to shoot. We're doing rimfire steel this month, but as people continue to run low on .22 we might go back to PPC or do pins or use the plate rack or something. We're going to play it by ear.

Missed you on Friday, hope to see you soon.

is the calendar down?

Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in /home/dotcomical/public.ical-mac.com/wmccurdy53/week.php on line 13

Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in /home/dotcomical/public.ical-mac.com/wmccurdy53/week.php on line 14

- - - Updated - - -

this is year round for now, every second and fourth Sunday of the month

is the calendar down?

Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in /home/dotcomical/public.ical-mac.com/wmccurdy53/week.php on line 13

Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in /home/dotcomical/public.ical-mac.com/wmccurdy53/week.php on line 14

- - - Updated - - -

this is year round for now, every second and fourth Sunday of the month

I had to find a new location to host the calendar (see first post).

- - - Updated - - -

it is...i have no idea what to do now...plz fix

Fixed.

Back
Top Bottom