• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2013 white tail hunting pictures and experiences.

Congrats. I had never thought of trying to hang one for a kill [smile]
Thanks. I'm a terrible shot so I had to try something[grin]. I read in a book its best practice to hang head from the head to let residual blood drain out.

On another note does anybody have a recommendation on a butcher/meat processor for the Hanson/south shore area?

Thanks. I'm a terrible shot so I had to try something[grin]. I read in a book its best practice to hang head from the head to let residual blood drain out.

On another note does anybody have a recommendation on a butcher/meat processor for the Hanson/south shore area?

Congrats on the kill. I dropped my deer of to John Haskins in Hanover, he will do it for you.
781-985-5100

Looks like a great shot to me.

I also got my first deer this year with hopefully a few more to come.

These guys are hanging around the bottom of my hill, 250 ft from my building in KY. Pics taken with game camera mounted on a tree by my grandson. These pics were taken 8/14/2013 and their antlers were still in velvet. 040.jpg 034.jpg

Hopefully one of them will be in my freezer in a couple of weeks.

Nice shots on the deer posted in the previous posts.

I got in my treestand like 10 minutes before they came and just wasn't prepared to see the deer where they came from plus I didn't have a shooting lane were they came from which was spending of me

Sounds good. Snicky little things. At least you saw some and will have an idea where they may come from with that wind next time you go out.

First time whitetail hunter. Lesson of the week, preparation. I was about to give up on the area I hunt at after fri night after not seeing anything all week and then a 4 point buck came out of nowhere in back of my stand...instant adrenaline rush. Couldn't see his antlers at first and seeing as I only have buck tags I just watched him for a second. Had an arrow knocked but the bow was on the accessory hang. He came up looked up (seemed like at me) and I didn't move. He kept walking and once his head went behind a tree i grabbed my bow and drew. By the time he came out on the other side of the tree his butt was to me and I couldn't get my shot off. Went out sat and stood the whole time with my bow on my rest and release connected. I'll be ready next time. I have one important question. DO DEER USE THE SAME PATH OF MOVEMENT?? Thanks guys and good luck!

I shot my second deer with a bow yesterday. I saw a total of 5, 3- does 2 bucks. Shot one of the bucks a small 8 point. He only went 40 yards and piled up in sight ! It was a great morning. Bruins7390- if you can stand having a cold hand have your hand on your bow all the time and leave the bow in the hanger so it doesn't get to heavy. Deer will travel the same paths most of the time so where you saw them come from the will likely use the same route again. ( as long as they were not pushed by someone)

I shot my second deer with a bow yesterday. I saw a total of 5, 3- does 2 bucks. Shot one of the bucks a small 8 point. He only went 40 yards and piled up in sight ! It was a great morning. Bruins7390- if you can stand having a cold hand have your hand on your bow all the time and leave the bow in the hanger so it doesn't get to heavy. Deer will travel the same paths most of the time so where you saw them come from the will likely use the same route again. ( as long as they were not pushed by someone)

Congrats!

Any pics?

I have found that for the most part, deer use the same trail...it may very a few yards here in there, sometimes more if they are browsing around and eating leaves and what not but, if they are just passing through they'll use the same trail...unless of course they don't like something in the area...I pressured an area too much when I was new to hunting and the deer made a 50 yard loop out around my stand and then got back on the same trail out of bow range.

First time whitetail hunter. Lesson of the week, preparation. I was about to give up on the area I hunt at after fri night after not seeing anything all week and then a 4 point buck came out of nowhere in back of my stand...instant adrenaline rush. Couldn't see his antlers at first and seeing as I only have buck tags I just watched him for a second. Had an arrow knocked but the bow was on the accessory hang. He came up looked up (seemed like at me) and I didn't move. He kept walking and once his head went behind a tree i grabbed my bow and drew. By the time he came out on the other side of the tree his butt was to me and I couldn't get my shot off. Went out sat and stood the whole time with my bow on my rest and release connected. I'll be ready next time. I have one important question. DO DEER USE THE SAME PATH OF MOVEMENT?? Thanks guys and good luck!

The adrenaline rush is insane! I shot a 9 pointer sat morning dressed it hung it then went to work about an hour late I could not stop the adrenaline all day just wanted to go look at my buck again there's no feeling like it when it all works out and he's in the back of the truck good luck!
eby5uta5.jpg

Here's the elder of the herd that runs my property stopping by the camera to say hi. 027.jpg BTW, the clock on the camera is 12hrs out of setting. I've got 1.2 gig of pictures of the herd feeding in the food plot. Put out 200lbs of corn over the summer, along with soybeans, 300lbs of apples and 50lbs of mineral blocks. There's 6 acres of clover and hay, along with lots of sumac trees(they love it) and three fresh springs less than 30yds from the feed plot. The flowing spring water is directly to the rear in the picture just inside the tree line.

Last count the herd is 8 bucks from 2 to 10 points and 16 doe. Also counted 32 turkey in my driveway two weeks ago.

Here's one momma and her two little ones, they just lost their spots in early Oct. and are fattening up for winter 074.jpg

Several other one and two year olds in the pic file.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the elder of the herd that runs my property stopping by the camera to say hi.View attachment 83187 BTW, the clock on the camera is 12hrs out of setting. I've got 1.2 gig of pictures of the herd feeding in the food plot. Put out 200lbs of corn over the summer, along with soybeans, 300lbs of apples and 50lbs of mineral blocks. There's 6 acres of clover and hay, along with lots of sumac trees(they love it) and three fresh springs less than 30yds from the feed plot. The flowing spring water is directly to the rear in the picture just inside the tree line.

Last count the herd is 8 bucks from 2 to 10 points and 16 doe. Also counted 32 turkey in my driveway two weeks ago.

Here's one momma and her two little ones, they just lost their spots in early Oct. and are fattening up for winterView attachment 83191

Just rub it in why don't you [smile]

Here's the elder of the herd that runs my property stopping by the camera to say hi.View attachment 83187 BTW, the clock on the camera is 12hrs out of setting. I've got 1.2 gig of pictures of the herd feeding in the food plot. Put out 200lbs of corn over the summer, along with soybeans, 300lbs of apples and 50lbs of mineral blocks. There's 6 acres of clover and hay, along with lots of sumac trees(they love it) and three fresh springs less than 30yds from the feed plot. The flowing spring water is directly to the rear in the picture just inside the tree line.

Here's one momma and her two little ones, they just lost their spots in early Oct. and are fattening up for winterView attachment 83191

If you need any help "thinning the herd" feel free to give me a pm (wink wink)

Had 5 does com in tonight..I had two come in around 1430 and then around 1700 I'm sitting there and I see two come in and I just kept counting the line up to 5! Too bad no doe tag this year! It was two fawns, 2 yearling does and an older doe...maybe 3.5...all the local does back out in the am! BTW has anyone seen a coat like this on a coyote before? he's got bandit eyes like a raccoon and that red tuft on his neck is dark!
IMAG0020.jpg

Last edited:
Had 5 does com in tonight..I had two come in around 1430 and then around 1700 I'm sitting there and I see two come in and I just kept counting the line up to 5! Too bad no doe tag this year! It was two fawns, 2 yearling does and an older doe...maybe 3.5...all the local does back out in the am! BTW has anyone seen a coat like this on a coyote before? he's got bandit eyes like a raccoon and that red tuft on his neck is dark!
View attachment 83223

Thats a great looking coat on that! I have, but its up in Maine during winter. Havnt seen to many around here (south central MA) look that good.

View attachment 83223

Almost looks like a wolf. Nice picture quality on that camera.

Back
Top Bottom