• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2013 Smith & Wesson IDPA Indoor National Championship

Sounds like you did okay Jared, for your first Indoor national event

We'll see.

Ugh, they scratched stage 6. I actually did pretty darn well on that stage, IIRC. Stage 11 was the one where the SO went out for a cigarette, came back, and I still wasn't finished. Ugh. I really need to practice with a flashlight.

When I look at the scores from major matches like this, I always see some score/classifications that make me wonder. A marksman with a score of 270? Seriously?

Last edited:
We'll see.

Ugh, they scratched stage 6. I actually did pretty darn well on that stage, IIRC. Stage 11 was the one where the SO went out for a cigarette, came back, and I still wasn't finished. Ugh. I really need to practice with a flashlight.

When I look at the scores from major matches like this, I always see some score/classifications that make me wonder. A marksman with a score of 270? Seriously?

Sandbaggers

Sandbaggers

This was basically me last year. I shot it as SSP MM, and would have got 2nd SSP SS if I shot the damn classifier well. I tend to really f-up my classifiers in IDPA and USPSA. It gets in my head and then I suck.

- - - Updated - - -

I was impressed with it. I thought it shot well.

Agreed. The first shot, it sort of jumped out of my hand, but then it was OK.

During the stage briefing, I bitched to Bubba " can we handle it, dry fire it a few times, because some people have this gun, others don't". He said "nope!"

I think this would be a great pistol for my wife..

During the stage briefing, I bitched to Bubba " can we handle it, dry fire it a few times, because some people have this gun, others don't". He said "nope!"

So you were the one that said this!! Bubba was using this as one of the sample questions/complaints he received during his stage briefing.

Agreed. The first shot, it sort of jumped out of my hand, but then it was OK.

I think this would be a great pistol for my wife..

I was able to pick one up yesterday (after being on the wait list at my LGS for two months). My wife said it felt good in her hands. Now I'm concerned she might appropriate it for herself. :)

Enjoyable match. Took a couple of chances that cost me points down but it was worth trying. As for the pickup gun stage with the M&P shield, let's just say I will not be trading my Glock 26 for one any time soon..... Great people in this years squad and fun to shoot with.

Thanks guys! I think this was the most difficult match I've shot so far. Even though I blew two stages (3 - down 5, down 5, HNT on those close head shots, 4 - hit the slide release too early during reload, resulting in a jam), consistency and accuracy still was key for the rest of the match.

-Nick

Back
Top Bottom