• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WTS 2013 Chevy Spark $2000

I am selling my POS Chevy Spark. This car is not going to get you laid. Its probably not going to give you any farfegnugen feeling whatsoever. Its a high mileage, ugly, underpowered, plastic piece of shit car.

Even though I make fun of this car its been super reliable transportation for 6 years now. It gets a bit over 42MPG and has been very easy to maintain and repair. I have replaced the 15 inch alloy wheels with 14 inch steel rims because the tires are $50 cheaper per tire and the 14's are better on rough roads.

I am including a spare set of rims that have worn out snow tires mounted. I usually keep one in the car for a spare. Back when I used to drive this car in wintertime I had a set of studded snow tires for winter driving. With studded snow tires this car is excellent on snowy/icy roads.

Maintenance:
I have PERSONALLY performed all non-warranty work on this car. Oil has been changed whenever the dashboard told me to with Mobil 1 full synthetic and GM oil filters. Other than brakes and tires I have only had 3 things fail on this car. The first was the main blower motor...it cost me $30 for the part and 30 minutes to replace. The second was the coolant reservoir developed a crack and that cost me $25 and took 10 minutes to replace. The last item was the gas cap seal was worn out and causing a check engine light.

Full disclosure of all this cars "issues"...if any of this bothers you please look elsewhere:

+ Interior has signs of wear as you would expect from a 6 year old car

+ The tires have tread left but I'm not sure they will pass inspection (will be close). Worst case you need to mount some tires on the spare set of rims, switch back to use up the rest of the tread.

+ There is a small oil leak thats been with the car for 150K miles. I actually think its a PCV valve thing because it only leaks after a drive. It stopped leaking after a dealer recall PCV valve was installed...then it started again. It uses about a quart between oil changes...I just check it every couple weeks and top off

+ There are no TPMS sensors installed which means the tire light is on 100% of the time. I suggest electrical tape if the light bothers you. YOU DO NOT NEED TPMS SENSORS TO PASS INSPECTION!

+ The hatchback latch is sticky and lubrication has not helped...it works fine just a little annoying.

I am selling this car as-is that means if it won't pass inspection its your issue not mine. As I mentioned the only thing that could be an issue are the tires and that is easily fixed. My last set of tires was $62 per tire...$250 total.

I'm guessing the perfect buyer for this car is someone with a long commute that can perform basic repairs. I would not be surprised if you get another 100,000 miles out of it. Parts for this car are super cheap...front pads and rotors are $75 from PartsGeek...etc etc.

If you KBB this car Chevy Spark LS in fair condition it comes out to just about $2500. It in better than fair condition so its worth more IMO...but it needs tires....so the $2500 I think is a reasonable and well thought out price. I probably won't budge on it unless you can give me a good reason.

I know this is a long post, thanks for reading it. There is nothing worse than traveling to look at a car that the buyer has misrepresented I don't want to be "that guy". If you want pics of something specific I am happy to provide them. If you want to take this car to your mechanic for a look over (at your expense) I'm ok with it.

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_0538.JPG
    IMG_0538.JPG
    208.7 KB · Views: 297
Automatic or manual? This would be for new driver teenage son .
It's a manual. Get it for him! I made my son learn a manual, mostly because I couldn't stand the thought of being the dad of a kid that can't. As a side benefit, most modern car thieves can't drive a stick[rofl]

EDIT: Actually he learned to drive in an automatic so he could get the basics down before adding the complication of a manual. Then I told him the only car he could borrow until he can afford his own is the piece of crap stick-shift car I bought just for that purpose. He resisted, now he loves it and can't stand the shift decisions made by the automatic in my car.

Back
Top Bottom