• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2012 Mass Muzzle Loader Season

Tweed

NES Member
It was quiet out in the woods this morning. Called in this doe and 2 skippers. Shot at ~24 yds. Ran uphill about 60 yds and dropped.

2012_doe_zps49ce2f83.jpg

Info on firearm: Traditions Pursuit LT Accelerator .50 Cal, 2-7x32 circle reticle scope, 250 grain SST smack-down copper sabot (.45), 150 grain charge.

mzloader_zps97106311.jpg

Excellent.

Last Sat I watched three does with the binos at about 80 yds. The dark edges of their ears gave them away through all the branches. I have a doe tag and will try that spot again for a decent shot.

Snow tonight!

I managed to sneak a couple of hours of woods time today. Had something come in downwind of me but it took off before I could get a good look at it. No bugs!

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2

Nice kill - Hopefully I'll get the hang of it and take one but thinking it will be next year at this point.

Was out this morning - frozen leaves were crunching with every step.
I heard something coming my way turn and get ready - out of the underbrush pops a cat at full speed towards me. It took one look at me, spun around and got out of there fast.

Need to cut/clear some better trails to get in this summer.

I never fired one shot throughout the entire shotgun and muzzle loader seasons this year. I saw a few but they were all either too far away to make a shot, or they were right in front of me and there was a house as a backstop. [sad2]

As a final attempt, I walked (as quietly as one can on fresh snow and ice chunks) into the woods in Sagamore Beach on the way to work this morning. About 10 minutes into it I scared something away from me off to my right. Dammit, it sounded big. A few minutes later and BOOM, someone else's black powder splits the morning air. You're welcome, whoever you are. I hope you were on target and if so, Bon Appetite.

I never fired one shot throughout the entire shotgun and muzzle loader seasons this year. I saw a few but they were all either too far away to make a shot, or they were right in front of me and there was a house as a backstop. [sad2]

None of my guns ever left the house this year as my wife has been on crutches since the beginning of September. Tag soup for me this year. This is the first time I have ended the season with an empty freezer in at least 10 years.

Bob

Yup - day after the season closed (yesterday - 1/1/13), I woke to deer tracks all through the snow on my lawn, and the bastards were nibbling on the yew bushes not five feet from the front of my house.

Sonofa....

Back
Top Bottom