• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2012 MA IDPA Championship ***Match is Full***

Great match.. Even better folks, thanks to all the sponsors!!! Great shooters saw some amazing runs on Stages 9 and 10. For those of you who have never worked a match. The opportunity to watch all shooters is worth so much...

Had a great time, Loved it it so much I want to work this match again next year.. Great times!!! Thanks to craig for taking some vid of me...

PS AMAZING FOOD!!!!

Incredible runs!!! Conratulations on gaining Master classification Aaron!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my video of stages 3-10. Not my best day shooting. You'll see my shaking my head several times throughout my video after miscounting my rounds, forgetting what to do next, bad reloads, etc. Despite all that, I had a great time. Thanks to the SOs and staff for a great match.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a great match. Thanks to Chuck and his staff for putting it on for us. The stages were excellent. This match was everything that IDPA is supposed to be. No ticky-tac BS or non-shooting challenges. Just a great mix of different starting and shooting positions, varied target presentations, and plenty of interesting activating targets.

Congrats Aaron on the bump to ESP/MA (sorry for the original typo Aaron) and to Ken on another 1st in class finish!

Thanks to all the staff and SO's on another fun and superbly efficient MA State Championship.

Last edited:
What a great match. Thanks to Chuck and his staff for putting it on for us. The stages were excellent. This match was everything that IDPA is supposed to be. No ticky-tac BS or non-shooting challenges. Just a great mix of different starting and shooting positions, varied target presentations, and plenty of interesting activating targets.

I totally agree with this. Great match. I'm amazed that you pulled off 10 good solid stages and most were done by 1:30-2pm during the day. Hats off to both the match staff and the SOs for pulling this off and suffering through the bad weather.

Posting for the MD...

During the one hour period after the scores were posted it was brought to our attention that an error was made. The stage 3 scores for Chad Barber (ESR\SS) and Steve Noyes (SSR\SS) were entered on the wrong score sheets. These scores have been switched with the correct score going to each shooter.

Also, there was some confusion regarding the classification of an ESP division shooter. Jim Bernardo is now the top ESP\MM shooter.
I apologize for the delay in posting these corrections, but we wanted to be sure we were making the proper changes.
Chuck Zaniboni

Thank you Chuck for the message. Results re-posted to the links above.

Sorry for the delay in getting the classification promotions logged, I had to get IDPA to clear up some details on their website in order for me to enter them. This has been corrected.

Following IDPA rules for classification promotions:

There are two ways a shooter can be reclassified at a sanctioned match:

1. If total participation in a specific classification within a division is 10 – 19 shooters, the winner of this class will automatically be promoted up to the next higher classification. If 20 – 29 shooters compete in this division/classification, both 1st and 2nd place competitors will be promoted, etc.

2. If the winner of a division and classification has a better score than 10-19 people in his classification AND the classification above his within the same division, the shooter will be promoted to the shooter’s next higher classification. If the 2nd place competitor of a division and classification has a better score than 20 – 29 shooters in his classification AND the classification above within the same division, the 2nd place competitor will be promoted, etc.

Additionally clarified on the IDPA Rules Addendum:

Classification can also be affected by a shooter’s performance in sanctioned matches. This is based on the number of people in a shooter’s division and classification and the one classification above his classification within that same division. This method of classification upgrade calculation should not include DQ’s, DNF’s or match no-shows

According, the following classification promotions are awarded as a result of their performance at the 2012 IDPA MA State Championship:

ESP Master: Aaron Haines
ESP Master: Tad Davidson
ESP Expert: Michael Joffe
ESP Sharpshooter: Jim Bernardo
SSP Master: John Agcaoili
SSP Expert: Chris DeForge
SSP Expert: Chris DiCenso
SSP Sharpshooter: Albert Chin
SSP Sharpshooter: Gary Dinho

Congratulations. These have been updated to IDPA's website.

Congrats to the people with the bumps! Great work.

Dave- I was reading the part from the addendum- do you know what that clears up? Seems to repeat what 1 & 2 say all along.

It clears up two things actually (both of which we have run into in past MA State Championships).

1) It includes the shooters in your classification and the one classification above yours, not all of the classes above yours (ie, a Marksman making the bump only counts shooters they beat in the MM and SS classes; if they also beat an EX, the EX does not count in the tally for bumps).

2) It specifies to NOT include DQ's and DNF's in the count as well. There were times when a DQ and DNF were included in the count because they were participants in the match who got beat by the others. Some MD's wanted to include them in the numbers, others did not. HQ got frequent questions about it. The original rulebook did not specifiy how to count DQs/DNFs. Now we have clear guidance.

It clears up two things actually (both of which we have run into in past MA State Championships).

1) It includes the shooters in your classification and the one classification above yours, not all of the classes above yours (ie, a Marksman making the bump only counts shooters they beat in the MM and SS classes; if they also beat an EX, the EX does not count in the tally for bumps).

2) It specifies to NOT include DQ's and DNF's in the count as well. There were times when a DQ and DNF were included in the count because they were participants in the match who got beat by the others. Some MD's wanted to include them in the numbers, others did not. HQ got frequent questions about it. The original rulebook did not specifiy how to count DQs/DNFs. Now we have clear guidance.

Ahh cool! I never thought about #1 above, that's good to know. On #2 I just assumed that- glad it's been validated!

Back
Top Bottom