2012 Boston Red Sox Megathread!!!!!

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
so according to sources, Beckett, Crawford, Gonzo, and Punto are on the verge of going to the Dodgers for a 1st baseman and prospects
That would free up nearly 60 million per year. Getting rid of 1 good player, 1 that we don't know but the contract was STUPID to sign, 1 has been, bad attitude, and I would love to see gone, and a good kid. If that deal comes through it would be one of the only ways I see to save this franchise for next year.

warwickben

bubba Kalashnikov
NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Going to the game Saturday 2nd game this year for free!!! Gotta love when ur work dose a free raffle ...

Posted from my iPhone10g
Remington 1911r1
Walther p38 made early 45
Remington sportsman58 12g
Early type 99.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to the game Saturday 2nd game this year for free!!! Gotta love when ur work dose a free raffle ...

Posted from my iPhone10g
Remington 1911r1
Early type 99.
Free tickets that will cost you(approximate pricing):
$40 parking
$9 per beer
$6 per hot dog
$6 per bottled water
Watching the most unlikable Red Sox team in years lose....priceless

- - - Updated - - -

so according to sources, Beckett, Crawford, Gonzo, and Punto are on the verge of going to the Dodgers for a 1st baseman and prospects
Keep Crawford and send them Lackey in his place. Crawford is by all accounts a good player and teammate and not a knucklehead a la Lackey, Beckett, and Gonzalez.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Sounds great about sending them Lackey, but getting rid of at least one of them (Beckett) is a deal I never thought would happen. Plsu with all the freed up payroll they could pay part of his salary and dump him on another Team next year.

I have been offered tickets numerous times this year. No Thank You sir! This Team is the most unlikeable Team I can remember in a long time. Whiny, complaining, self-centered, no moral compass, and Team is a foreign word to them. They will not get 1 dime off of me after last September til they shake this Team to it's roots. Stop buying these idiots headphones, and coddling them. I pay you to play you play or you get shipped out.

Watching the kids come up and play their asses off is what baseball is supposed to played like. Not complaining about late night get a way games. You play for one of the most Historic franchises in the League. You're gonna play in prime time with the second highest payroll in baseball (well after this maybe the Dodgers will be). Yeah the media will be watching and commenting. Don;t like it?? Play for Colorado or Florida.

I truly blame ownership for this Team. They had to make a "splash" with Crawford. I like the guy and I think he's gonna be a good/great player. But seriously 20 mil for another lefty. That was a ratings signing, not somethig this Team needed. Gonzo is a good/great player but I am willing to sacrifice him to get rid of a bad contract and a bad player.

warwickben

bubba Kalashnikov
NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Nah
Park free in Allston At my old work.
Buy bottle of tequila and coke, sneak in 10$ max.
Eat better cheap hot dogs at junk yard dogs in Allston 10$
2$ green line.

Go to middle east for drinks after and eat pizza at hi fi.
No money spent on redsox...... Priceless.

Is it true you can't ccw in Fenway? Om
Not going too cause im drinking .Uncle whoa a cop told me he can't when he's off duty...

Posted from my iPhone10g
Remington 1911r1
Early type 99.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Nah
Park free in Allston At my old work.
Buy bottle of tequila and coke, sneak in 10$ max.
Eat better cheap hot dogs at junk yard dogs in Allston 10$
2$ green line.

Go to middle east for drinks after and eat pizza at hi fi.
No money spent on redsox...... Priceless.

Is it true you can't ccw in Fenway? Om
Not going too cause im drinking .Uncle whoa a cop told me he can't when he's off duty...

Posted from my iPhone10g
Remington 1911r1
Early type 99.

If caught CCW you will be asked to leave. Been there dozens of time CCW and have never been caught. But I won't buy $9 Budweisers so I knew I wouldn't be CCUI

SteelShooter

NES Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Crawford was the most over rated player they have ever signed, I blame the last few years of sucking squarely on him, just because of his bad karma. He's a lollygagger and an albatross and should have been dumped last year for a new peanut vendor in the bleachers and a hot dog vendor to be named later. Getting rid of him would the best thing ever, I would even renew my season tickets!

Jsfitzgerald85

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Crawford was the most over rated player they have ever signed, I blame the last few years of sucking squarely on him, just because of his bad karma. He's a lollygagger and an albatross and should have been dumped last year for a new peanut vendor in the bleachers and a hot dog vendor to be named later. Getting rid of him would the best thing ever, I would even renew my season tickets!
i wouldnt blame it on Crawford, he had a bad first year, but this year he did play alot better. But his contract is retarded.

Admin

Staff member
Administrator
NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
So let me get this straight. Lackey, Beckett, and Crawford are gone? I would have taken a bag of used hockey pucks for the trio and said "Good day to You sir!"

Obie1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
According to multiple sources, this is a done deal if they can get Beckett to cede his 5-10 rights. Normally, I'd think the Sox would have to be nuts to do this deal, but after last Sept and this year, something drastic needs to be done. Will certainly free up enough cash to make Jacoby really rich.

bandaid bandit

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
While I would put him at #2 overrated, there's no way he beats out the AAA level at best pitcher that cost the Sox $51million just to talk to him, plus another $52million+ to sign him

SteelShooter

NES Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
While I would put him at #2 overrated, there's no way he beats out the AAA level at best pitcher that cost the Sox $51million just to talk to him, plus another $52million+ to sign him
I stand corrected, you are right! Forgot about the $100M pile of donkey dung.

MD3

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Now for the best part.................

when the Sox trash all of their reputations.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

And you KNOW its coming. This organization can't resist bad mouthing everyone they jettison. I'm really interested to hear about all the crap that Beckett pulled.

turbo38gn

NES Member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I don't think there is much they can say... the sports reporters, I use that term "reporters" rather loosely.. have been doing a great job of that all year!!! Just listen to D&C or the other idiots, mutt and Maloney and the list goes on.... I already heard from a few of the writers poking at Gonzo and how there was more going on than met the eye outside of the locker room. No need to hammer Becket, he's already shown his colors for the last few years, and has nothing good about him when it comes to reputation, he ruined that himself. I don't think there is too much to say about CC, again, a few reporters have already given their impressions of him in a negative way... Punta, what can ya say, the guy tried, won a game or 2 with his bat and glove.... I'm ready to move on and rebuild.. I am fine with just having a team without too much drama and giving them a few years to work it out as long as they put a team with effort and decent talent on the field... Dustin needs to shut his trap and play ball, he works for BV, same goes for Poppy...

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
This brings about trust I never thought I'd feel in Ben Cherington.. Takes quite a set of stones to pull something like this off. This De La Rosa cat looks legit, too - if he continues on his career path he could be a legit 1/1a/2 starter.

Should be an interesting 2014.

Jsfitzgerald85

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
ESPN poll asking which team made out better in dodgers trade, every state except ma, nh, me and ri think the dodgers got the best deal [laugh]
Ya they are prob going by how it looks on paper. The Red Sox def made out, Beckett gave up 7 hits and 3 Runs to the worse lineup in the Major Leagues. Carl Crawford was never gonna work out here, he might flourish in LA, and Gonzo was good but they expected him to be a 35-40 HR a year hitter and his first year 27 and this year prob would of been a struggle to hit 20. Now the Red Sox have the 2 best pitching prospects from the Dodgers, take those 2 and add Ellsbury and maybe a few more pieces and you have a good shot to get King Felix.

Top Bottom