2011 Walls of Steel Match

Scores are almost finished actually. Just need to double check before I post the preliminary results.
Jim
So where are the results ???? Sheez, you've had PLENTY of time [smile][smile][smile][smile][smile][smile]

And for those that don't know, I really am kidding !

Another great Walls match, stages were a tad differen't but still needed accuracy AND speed
(jeez...I wonder if I had both ??? if those darned results were out.....how's about a prelim peek-a-boo[smile])

And jar..... the NER-IDPA conflicted with the Walls of Steel......
EVERYBODY knows the WoS is the 3rd weekend in August [wink]

(same time next year Jim ?)

OH !?! I almost forgot, thanks to everyone involved that put this match on, 4 days of steel shooting
is just oh so much fun...stay tuned for some vids on my 10mmdave utube page.

Last edited:
I hope the vagaries of calendar work out and WoS doesn't conflict with NER-IDPA next year. I really want to try this match.
Jeff, pick a match and shoot it. Be it IDPA or Walls of Steel. Or any other match for that matter.[grin]

It's not the shooting one or the other. It's the working/shooting one and shooting the other. I would have liked to have done both as well.

We'll have to work with Mike J and the 2012 Harvard schedule to help make sure there are no conflicts.

It's not the shooting one or the other. It's the working/shooting one and shooting the other. I would have liked to have done both as well.
You missed my point. I understand that people do work matches, otherwise we'd have none. But, there are always conflicts, particurlarly when the matches are different disciplines. So, decisions must be made to support the local club and matches, or shoot and/or work a completely different match.
Many large match dates are known a year in advance. Some, like the Walls of Steel run on the same weekend each year.
Choosing what to shoot/work is a dilemma, that is sometimes difficult to solve.

I see on WOS website results there was a mini walls of steel. What was that?

A warm up for the main event. Nothing "mini" about it. Still six pits and as many targets, just not quite as many slots/shooters.
Wallum lake R&G and Uxbridge r&G host steel shoots all spring/summer/fall.
See: http://www.uxbridgerodandgunclub.com/pistol.asp for information.

As Dan says, choosing is always a dilemma, heck I could bet that most of the posters here work at some other match during the year
and have a hard time fitting other matches into our busy schedules (and wallets [shocked])

And if it was Lugnut that planned the dates for this regional thing then we all know who to gang up on [laugh]

Make it next year Dan, you won't be disapointed.

OH ! ! ! and the lunch shack has Klondike bars [dance][dance]
(although my traveling companions said I didn't need one [frown])

And if it was Lugnut that planned the dates for this regional thing then we all know who to gang up on [laugh]
[smile] Nah, not me... I think it was just a scheduling thing with our club or some other thing like that. Since much of the staff this year, myself included, would have liked to shoot WoS, we'll do our best in 2012 avoid conflicts.

I guess it's a good problem to have when there are so many awesome matches to shoot....

Awesome job Dave and Matt! You guys smoked me. I'm glad I got to watch your runs first hand.

-Cuz.

88 out of 111. Stock auto. I'm happy with that for my 1st shoot. I choked big time on stage 6. If I shot that one like I shot the other stages I would have been a couple slots higher. Lots of ifs.[laugh]

Thanks for the kudo's folks, it was a fun match.

Matt, I don't remember you leaving a plate up ? or was it that big slider ??
And you do realize I told u to drink the water after a few stages [wink]

That Al Surko guy is a machine with an Open Auto, last year he and Rich L were a tad closer
but he was smoking this year.

Thanks again to everybody that made this happen, already looking forward to next year.

And Jim....please let Mike know how he did [smile]

Thanks Larry!
Dave- I crashed and burned on stage 2 trying to go too fast. I missed a ton then missed my last four shots on the final plate. End of story for that stage.

Back
Top Bottom